Has Anchors decision changed how you feel about the game?

I think comparing anchor to Jesus is insane lmfao. Jesus was a common man who shook the world with his message of love, compassion and sacrifice. Anchor is a rich kid who happened to be in the position of gaining a following due to circumstance and then got a big head about it. I’m quite certain the actual honest reason anchor quit is because he wanted to go out on top and be memorable. People are catching up so he jumped ship. He doesn’t want to compete with the growing number of people with money to burn and he’s dissatisfied to play the game for fun. He’s narcissistic and needs to be on top. That’s not so easy anymore so he chose now to quit because If he quit the game 6 months from now nobody would be talking about it. He chose now so he can remember himself as the legend who quit, rather than just another e&p player. Dude spent thousands of dollars on this game and just drops it because he doesn’t like criticism from the community on his hero guide or because he wants to be sponsored by SGG, absolute entitled narcissism. He took his ball and went home. It’s just proof you can’t buy happiness.

3 Likes

I agree with you on some stuff, I didn’t read his post but listened to the live stream. It was very curious when he was talking about how much interest he thought he generated for the game, definitely sounded like he wanted a cut of the money he thought he helped SG make.

You guys aren’t suppose to “cut down” Ancchor… saying he’s spoiled, rich kid, jobless, narcissistic and quitting while on top. There’s forum rules and if we let that go next thing you know it’ll escalate to something like; “ his hero grading was inducive to his play style and has inaccuracies “ or “ who lets there kid go on you tube and exposing her to the crazies of the world” or “ let me get this straight- SG should pay you to represent their game but you acted like that?” Or “ wtf, sounds like your time management is horrible”

2 Likes

I watched one of Anchors vids though when season 2 came out. The stage 2 is “anchor beach” I believe. Now , Anchor was under the impression that SG names it after him. Can anyone from SG verify this? Did they have that in mind, is Anchor narcissistic , was that the “compensation” he got or just pure coincidence?

Some great comments in here.
I feel the same as many others here. Stuff which anchor created and was associated with was and is awesome. I always steer our new alliance members to his guides.

It hasnt changed my playing or thoughts regarding the game. I had already realised what the game was about by then and as @CheTranqui (awesome work btw) suggested, anchor invested too much time.

A bit like surprising your neighbours by painting their house whilst they were on holiday and expecting them to pay you when they got back.

Its a great game. Its a business. Businesses are built to make money. I cant change it, so i accept how it is or play a different game.

And i just scored BT from my training camp. Im super happy!

2 Likes