Has Anchors decision changed how you feel about the game?

nope. I dont look at other people’s enjoyment of the game in making my own decisions on what I find fun. That seems silly to me!

3 Likes

each person makes their own decisions!

Nope.

His decision was based on a lot of things that I don’t have any involvement in and he’s not even part of my alliance, so why should it even?

1 Like

nope, why should it?

1 Like

If I was in a position similar to Anchor’s and dealing with similar negativity when I was doing all I could to help players —then I bet him leaving would make me seriously consider if it would be best for me to move on from the game aswell.

But that’s not the case, because my game experience is nothing like Anchor’s. So it hasn’t impacted how I feel about the game in general or how much I play. I just respect his decision, wish him the best and go back to my business.

It very much sounded like his decision was his own. It didn’t sound like he was trying to influence other player’s opinions or behaviors— it just sounded like he wanted to fully explain himself instead of dropping off w/o a word in order to prevent rumors and conspiracies from flying left and right

5 Likes

No offense to anyone but his decision to leave really should only affect his alliance in terms of if they want to continue playing without him and or join him in any possible new game he is playing as they enjoy playing WITH him .

The reasons of personal attacks and time spent on YouTube is a separate issue for him .

Re gameplay and small giant and Gatcha mentality it was there to begin with and many have started and continued playing the game knowing all about this it’s not nothing new . You don’t need anchor to spell it out for you .

Everyone quits for there own reasons at the time they feel right . Just because some random (whilst well known ) has quit should not affect your decision.

4 Likes

First rule. Mobile gaming has never been worth the investment. You are better off playing PC/Xbox/PS triple A title games than investing in a mobile game. Not only are those console/PC games cheaper on the long run, they are much more fun to play too, and a whole lot less grinding. Those who quit even after heavy investment are actually making a pretty good decision, and I am sure they will not miss the game after a short period.

For those of you who are cheap to play or free to play, unless you have extraordinary luck in this game, you must understand your main purpose is a punching bag and we see you as a joke in both raid and war. So, also not a good investment for you.

1 Like

I challenge you to think that way with my FTP team!! At your own risk :wink:

12 Likes

No. Don’t think that decisions of some unknown guy can influence mine.

1 Like

No it hasn’t changed my feelings about the game

Everything that pleases you is worth of investment, I believe. :slight_smile: The amount of investment depends on your budget. For me spending on on-line game is equivalent of money spent on candies or ice cream. Someone else can define it differently, of course. the only return from such investment is a momentary pleasure.

Snobism detected. :slight_smile: F2P players might be hard to achieve top 100 in cups, but its not the only ultimate goal of the game. For the rest (Titans, Wars) F2P are competitive.

9 Likes

Anchors decision to leave the game means very little to me. Though dramatic because he was a somewhat “celebrity” in this game I can’t help but think like any situation there is a lot of factors. His videos were great and introduced a lot of info to people searching. He “promoted” heroes directly/indirectly and sure SG benefited, we benefited and the game benefited. That being said. The games fun but it’s a business. Anchor tried to monetize the game for himself; sponsorship, YouTube donations, trying to get SG to give out cash prizes like other games( he self proclaims to be a top player) and selling shirts cups etc. So, to me it was just two businesses in a disagreement. He’s moved on and sounds like he’s trying the same thing elsewhere. Does it affect my feeling about the game… not one iota!! It’s been great drama though; “community guy” takes on huge “company” but it’s not the reality. I see through the whole facade and it probably came to a head when one business said to another business “ your not making money off our product directly/indirectly even if you put a seven year old out there for the crazy world to see”

3 Likes

And note; that’s my opinion and my opinion reflects how I feel about the topic question so you moderators respect that and don’t flag because you disagree… it isn’t offensive.

I’d have to say mostly, no. However, his YouTube farewell did bring things into better focus for me. I’m dealing with the same problem of people getting disillusioned and quitting out of frustration. I agree with him that SGs current policies and practices are insufficient to keep the game going for any length of time. They WILL have to change or this will be nothing more than cash grabbing bubble that will burst and have many people sour at SG and any other game/company that tries to replicate them.

I hope they are paying attention.

2 Likes

Your 100% right. SG needs to make some serious adjustments. Anchor is correct about a few things for sure.

2 Likes

Anchor for fun made his guide!
Anchor for free made his Videos!
But to understand the grades you get in Line and donate, and Youtube gives money for veiws and likes!
Not very free … !

Some said Anchor’s guide is just like Bible! Both been gave for free & good!
Is this makes Anchor and Jesus any related?
Jesus left life and resurrected after 3 days.
Anchor left the game and still on the other side!
Science says They are not related.
Math says Anchor must has LAG otherwise he missed the 3 days window.

@SWEG what do you think?
Btw I like yours.

1 Like

Anchor’s story looks pretty sad to me.
Looks like a story of a person who fell into an addiction.

Even if the original justification sounded positive and was to help other people, it still lead to spending way too much time every day and burnout. That “4-5 hours a day, quickly turned into 10-15 hours a day of game related attention” hit me hard when I read it. Really reminded me of many stories from my therapy.

Seeing that there are people needing help is good. Trying to help some of them is also fine.
Not setting limits for an amount of help one can provide while maintaining good mental condition is bad.
Demanding others to help with sustaining such an overdrawing amount of help is also bad.

While I also can’t decide whether this situation is like that (I still hope that Anchor was an addict rather than a jerk), but I am also not a fan of situations when someone enforces his help onto someone else and then demands the reward. And sadly the ending looked a bit like that.

Anyway, I’m glad he got back to the real world. Whatever the reason, spending 15 hours per day on a cellphone game is nowhere near being healthy.

1 Like

No his decision or anything about him effects how I play a game… it’s a game!!!

I can tell you first hand that YouTube put a lot of strain on him.

I use to have a very successful channel. I was at the point where it was matching my regular job in income and was about to switch over to doing YouTube full time. This was strictly off of ad revenue and corporate sponsorship. I never asked for a dime from my viewers and didn’t even have a way for them to send money if they wanted to. When my wife fell ill, I had to step away. After my wife passed, I no longer had the ambition and the earning potential was all but gone thanks to advertisement sales tanking.

I can tell by Anchor’s videos and words that he was serious about producing a quality product. That takes a lot of work, investment and focus. He worked hard enough, he made honest strides in investment, but his focus was off because he was trying to do too much at once. It’s the perfect recipe for burn out.

2 Likes

Lol. This C2P player just took down the #61 player in a raid. Must of been pure luck.

Then again, I could always take a punch…

2 Likes