Grimble – New December 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

if you use Wilbur and Boldtusk together, you finish season 1, not easily, but you will manage it without great problems. I did it after waiting for 6 weeks, unable to proceed. Both were on 3/40 roughly. Good luck!

1 Like

Just had my first real fight with Grimble and I gotta say I was impressed. Only have him at 3/70 right now, but brought him to a raid battle against a 4300+ team that had MN and Delilah… My team was only about 4000.
I was able to time his special to go off after Delilah and he wiped all the minions out and gave me a decent mana boost. Got to the end of the battle and had MN left. She revived 3 heroes and gave them minions. Grimble was ready again. He took the minions out and gave me that little boost of mana again and I was able to wipe MN out.

Board wasn’t great, but wasn’t bad either so I got to see the specials do what was needed and carry me through. Wish I had taped it to show off his skills.

11 Likes

I’m the opposite. I’ve ascended him (which was a mistake, should have left him at 3/70) and I’m having a hard time using him. His attack is so low, I’d rather stack with Seshat when a yellow hero is tanking. I can’t take a hero with 600 attack against some of the teams I’m facing.

Also the opportunities where he can be used are so rare.

I should have left him at 3/70 and just used him that one time in 100 raids or so. Then it would be OK.

1 Like

Guess I’ll join one of those few whom had fully leveled him and regret too! Hahaha…

1 Like

I have a question regarding our goat riding buddy, grimble. I have a decent 4* roster with at least 4 of each color at 4.70 and have the following 5* - Mitsuko +2, grimble 3.70, Richard 3.38, Elena 3.40 and a just pulled vela (unleveled). Leveling up both richard and Elena to 3.70 currently then vela as a priority to 3.70.

I haven’t started tc20 yet and have mats to max 1 each of purple, blue, green and yellow. Only at 1/6 rings for elena. I do minimal pulls so my 5* will probably be tc20 in the future, barring a pull god blessing me. My 6 war teams are basically all maxed 4* or soon to be 3.70 5*. I raid platinum and best team is currently 3800 TP.

My question is if its worth maxing grimble now based on my playing situation as he could be a nice war tank for me. I can complete all rare quests and all event tiers with no problem so getting the 4* mats will basically only take time.

I appreciate any advice you can offer.

I mean compared to any of the great purples, some of which I’m lucky to have (gloating), Grimble doesn’t really match up. He’s just way too niche. BUT that said, there are maybe two TC20 purple heroes which you have realistic odds of getting that might exceed Grimble and a third that’s maybe on par.

Hmm. Now that I put it that way.

So let’s look at each of the four classic purple heroes:

• Quintus: high attack value but slow speed means he’s not reliable as far as using his special. His special can do a lot of damage, but it’s not likely to wipe a field without some setup, ideally from the likes of Wilbur or costumed Tiburtus, but those may not be available to you. Grimble is a more reliable hero by comparison. Have one at 2/60. No practical experience.
  • Obakan: another solid attack heavy hero but the percentage damage of his special is just too low for the field he’s playing in (5* heroes), so more apt to tickle than kill. The self riposte basically doesn’t exist since you’re depending on RNG to pick on him after, and he’s awful squishy, so I’m not sure you’d want to even if it did, so that part of his special might as well not exist. Adequate but not amazing, between him and Grimble, I’d say it depends. They’re both quite average at their jobs, but they do different things. Have at 3/70. He did alright but not great in raids and wars. Bit disappointing.
  • Domitia: a solid purple sniper held back only by her average speed, does a lot of things pretty well. I think she’d be more versatile than Grimble, but Grimble might edge her out against Titans due to the elemental link. I’d prioritize Domitia though. Have at 1/1 but I have her better and prettier sister Seshat, so I have similar experience. Domitia would be a decent hero.
  • Sartana: considered the best classic purple hero, high damage and the poison can finish off heroes, unquestionably better than Grimble in most things (maybe not Titans). Don’t have her at all, but I had a similar experience with Kelile (4* red at +19) and the burn which can not only finish off heroes but keep down pesky rogues or fighters.

So of those heroes, only Sartana and Domitia are unquestionably better.

But TC20 has on average a 5% return rate on 5* heroes which means you’ll get one about every 45 days on average. This doesn’t mean you WILL get one on day 45, just that’s the statistical average. So statistically, you’ll have you wait to get either. You might get Sartana first pull but probably won’t.

The advice Gryphonknight gave was to wait until you had 10 of the 4* ascension material before pulling the trigger, so if RNG shines on you, you’re not waiting too long. I did that for Elkanen who was still a disappointment, but because I waited, Kingston had his mats ready when he showed up at my door.

I think Grimble is fine but will consistently disappoint you because he only works in a purple stack and even then only kinda due to the crit bonus. If you can wait, I think you’ll be happier, but compared to the other options, he’s not the worst. Try him out at 3/70 in the meantime and see how you feel. It’s really more whether he matches your playstyle or not, and there’s only one way to find that out.

Elkanen for all his warts is still a decent hero in my book because I value survivability, and if nothing else, he’s decent at that. :man_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

That information is exactly what I was looking for. You took my given info and gave solid advice. I wish i could give you 100 thumbs up. I truly appreciate your effort and rationale in the reply.

For a simple decision grimble will sit at 3.70 until 10th tabard or better option comes along. It only took me 7 months of playing to accumlate 8 tabards so whats another 6 months! Thanks once more.

3 Likes

I think many of you highly underestimate the impact of 10% critical chance in a 3-2 stack. I win 80% of the raids I do against Guin with Grimble, Rigard +20, and Proteus +19. Other two depend on team, but aren’t overwhelming. My team ends up around 4,000, but most emblemed Guin teams are 4,500 plus. Since I leveled him I don’t avoid Guin at all, nor MN.

3 Likes

And he eats minions…

11 Likes

You are a crazy healing madman haha. I love it.

4 Likes

Well you’ll almost never lose with that team, but each raid is 10+ minutes haha

4 Likes

Lol you are mad! Wish I’ll be the female Olmor one day. You really know how to get someone even more excited about this game. What’s that Song?

1 Like

A DJ from Berlin remixed Bella Ciao, which is some kind of a partisanish war song.

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes I understood what he was singing. It’s a good Song. And it fits Empire war too :joy::+1:

1 Like

i like your vids and your comments but your taste of music is awful :laughing: :wink: lg aus österreich

3 Likes

Goa Fraggle since 1995 :om:

2 Likes

What the f0ck ? How can you say that he is not a tank ? He has 824 def and 1425 hp without any troop. What are your standards for a tank hero ? 900-1000 def, 1600+ def ?

A good tank essentially need to be one of those two things to be doable for diamond league:

• a real punisher, so that hurts you a lot if you trigger him (like Gravemaker or Ursena)

• a great stalemate, gaining time for other heroes to kill the opponent (Kunchen, Guinevre, Aegir…)

He is none of that.

You can work around his main skill (minion destroying) simply don’t bringing any minion maker hero.

Right now i faced him only two times in raids. In one it was tank and the other was flank.

I don’t have any minion maker hero, and i can definetely say he it like a wet noodle.

I can even throw at him tiles and let him hit me twice, and still i will going to win the raid.

It was almost sad.

7 Likes

What you are decribing is a meat shield not a Tank; an impacting Tank is supposed to be and to give something more tha this :wink:

2 Likes

I can’t consider Gravemaker a tank. With a 3-2 team, from 5-6 tiles he is dead. For the other statements you are right, but in a middle alliance with a 200k score, a heavy tank, after 2nd or 3rd reset is hard to kill. If you are a f2p you don’t have enough good champions to deal, or you don’t have enough materials to ascend them to the final tier (5* especially)
I faced him only once in raids, he was positioned as a tank. I killed him easily.