Grimble – New December 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

I think grimble would be a nice adition. If you bring costumed rigard, Costumed tiburtus, ursena and grimble to a fight then those four fired in succesion will deal some serious damage.

1 Like

Nope, not yet and maybe never.

If your opponent is heavy minioned, it’ll be game over in about 70% of the cases and Grimble can’t change it by just killing the minions.

If there are only a few minions, there will be better choices to counter them and they won’t be a real threat.

He’s just a goat riding piece of meat and not worth a team place right now.

3 Likes

Don’t hate on grimble just cause he laughs at both of your Mother Norths. :wink:

1 Like

Nice suggestion, Goatie has to eat tons of porridge from now on.

1 Like

He really is a fantastic counter for her … her, Santa, Del and seshat currently, but not much else… funny to see mother bring back heroes just for grimble to kill them all off again and juice your mana… but obviously, ideal situation is north not firing at all.

6 Likes

Porridge Feast 4 Goatie :partying_face:

6 Likes

Hahahaha. You’re supposed to attack teams with north on defense so grimble can eat the elves, not north on your own team. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would wait. I’ve used him at 3/70 before myself. The truth is in war, he is extremely niche, there is maybe 1 team out of 30 to use him against. Maybe. Last war I didn’t use him at all. Maybe your war bracket is different than mine, but in mine minions are not a thing.

I disagree with Olmor. When he is useful, he is super useful and basically dominates the board.

2 Likes

Yes, but those situations are very rare. I spend 3 flasks this eve fir Grimble and used him some times before.

It needed about 50 raids to provoke a situation with several devastating minions to be eaten.

If you raid seriously, you even wouldnt provoke those situations and they would happen even lesser. Far too situational to give 6 tabbards to him.

And ta ta ta ta taaa, here it is:

Normally it goes like this and e.g. Ursena or even Qintus would have been better…

1 Like

Taking mine to 70 and then tucking him in the back of the closet until the time comes where he may need to be dusted off. We will re-evaluate the post-Telluria meta, but I suspect that may still be one or two viable summoner defenders from Grimble getting tabbards at that point.
To be fair, by then Delilah will have come back around and Seshat will be making a reappearance not too long after.

I only see him as a Delilah counter , opposite colour , she is usually tank position or flank and would go off reasonably early with her average speed and would stop the situation which she builds up minions for whole ally. MN is on wing and by time she fires, good chance grimble could be killed or a sniper can do the job on remaining heroes , with Santa being a tank and slow , you prob won’t take purple to the match and also since he is slow , you rarely ever see him spawn in multiple minions at the one time for his allies

1 Like

Mother north, santa, buddy, delilah, puss in boots, seshat, LotL, red hood, Q of H, and soon to be telluria too. (Did i miss any?) The list is growing, and will only get longer. He will be very useful.

5 Likes

I raid with Grimble. Or try. Even against Delilah as a tank, I’d rather take a hero like Seshat, because she has the tile damage to kill Delilah before she heals.

I have taken Grimble and fired him off, yes, it was ok for one special (4 minions killed), but because of his low attack, he was worthless for the rest of the match, in terms of tiles and special. I think his special did 150 damage. Not inspiring.

His damage is so low, you really need 2 or more minion makers for it to be worthwhile.

1 Like

Yes, he only will become decent, if the opponent has almost won after setting up tons of minions and it is questionable, that he’ll be able to avoid a mischief afterwards, even if he kills all those minions at a time.

1 Like

He’s a great yeti killer. He (probably) wipes all the trash mobs at 2/50 and 6/8 ss when I brought him.

:man_shrugging:t2:

In honesty, I’m wondering why y’all are surprised by Grimble not having a huge number of uses…

From the start my opinion was that he was a Niche Hero and his overall uses would be extremely limited…

I mean it’s the same as for Captain of Diamonds… Not many uses for him either.

1 Like

Lots of hate for grimble even though he’s being used at 3/70 from folks and not in comps that would help his damage. He’s not a bad hero, the only niche part is the minion eating, his aoe at average speed isn’t bad, he’s a damage support hero like many others, but can be wonderful if there are minions and he’s great in holy tank wars but folks like what they like and hate what they hate.

When maxed he can put up around 300 instant damage to everyone without an attack buff and no defense down in play… there’s a hotm coming out that does that in burn over 2 turns who also has niche secondaries but yet he’s seen as a really solid hero and even comparable to gm. Just funny to me I guess.

2 Likes

To be fair, the lions share of the JF hype was pre-nerf. He is still liked, but they took a big chunk out of him

2 Likes

Oh I know, and jf will still be a good hero I’m sure, just more of a damage support hero now, which is fine, but I’m also not a player that has issue with grimble, simply cause I prefer more variety in hero ideas, even if a bit niche so long as they do something useful like damage as well.

3 Likes

Thank you for your comment!

I was lucky enough to pull Grimble, however, didn’t get him leveled quick enough for MN in Santa’s Challenge.

He seemed like a fantastic HoTM, especially in regards to minions. I could see he would be a niche hero on my roster, but one I desperately needed. I have Gobbler & he lacks a lot.

Since I have only been playing for a few months, I came here to see what others felt about Grimble & quickly found that he was not a favorite, with many unable to find anything useful about him. I slowed down on leveling him, regretfully, but will resume now.

Thanks for taking the time to map it all out for us, the ones that haven’t been playing forever…haha

3 Likes