Global chat improvements

Awesome!!! Lol love it.

2 Likes

Personally I had no problem with players getting banned, if they deserved it, and there were plenty that did. I think the problem lies not with the reporting, but with whatever process lies beyond that to start the ban. Is it a human reviewing the report? Is it an algorithm?

There must be something there that puts the reported comment into some context, otherwise every single post could conceivably be reported and receive a ban.

Another problem with the so called “perma-ban” is that in reality it does nothing of the sort. The player affected merely starts a new account, rejoins the chat and continues with their trolling, or whatever gets them off.

GC and the other rooms really are a hot mess. Quite how to resolve the problem shouldn’t fall on the player base to decide.

2 Likes

Duh, I had to change it after that! :joy: :wink:

2 Likes

I almost never touch global chat myself… I did once early on in the game, when I was newb and clueless and trying to figure out why I was being raided by all these higher level teams when I had just barely started the game.

That’s actually where I ended up getting recruited to my first alliance. It wasn’t from a recruitment banner spam ad though, I despise those. It was the leader himself who called me out personally, and told me that I needed an alliance to help me, and he promised that his group was a perfect place to get started. He wasn’t lying; they did help me learn and grow quite a bit in the beginning, until the original leader left and it became a mess after that.

The rest of the chat though was just… ugh. Lots of graphic adult talk (which I have nothing against when it’s in an appropriate forum, GAME CHAT is not the place for that)… lots of people insulting each other, calling players out by name and telling other alliances to blacklist them… TONS of spam recruitment ads… and not a single moderator in sight. Total anarchy at a rate of about 10 posts per second, I don’t even know how anyone can read all of that without having an epileptic seizure.

My apologies! :grin: I could edit the post to call them “Lightning Pegasus” or something instead…

… or did you already change your alliance name to that?

3 Likes

One thing that annoys me is people entering an english speaking chatroom, and speaking in non english

2 Likes

There certainly have been players that deserved a chatban. And there are players you have received a chatban undeservedly. And I have it from a trusted source that specific temporary bans have been issued for reports on a post of “<3”, and similar messages. Other bans have been imposed simply because a message containing true content was reported repeatedly (is that reference vague enough?).

If friendly, generally-accepted social greetings in a font-based medium, publicly-acknowledged accounts of events told by persons acting with honesty and a clear conscience, and the most horrible, hateful, extreme posts in the history of E&P are ALL lumped together as being ban-worthy, then I would hope that chatbans are imposed only as a result of mathematic functions, rather than as the action of a perceiving sentient agent. I could be wrong, here, but I’d wager it’s based on mathematical logic – once it’s set up, it maintains and operates itself (COST! SAVINGS!!).

I simply think that we, the players, both can and should do a better job of regulating ourselves. Depending upon a system or methodology that either cannot or will not discern among camaraderie, open discussion, needless vitriol, and utter foolishness mostly goes to show how lazy we are. But it doesn’t speak well that someone or someones thought such a means would be sufficient, either.

1 Like

That is annoying, yes, but I also feel bad for them at the same time. It’s not their fault that English is not their native language, nor is it their fault that English is the default language for the game. In those cases, I don’t think flags and chat bans are necessary. They just need someone to direct them to the appropriate channel. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is unfortunately a very real problem. There are people all over the internet who post only for the purpose of being cruel, trolling, abusive, etc. on purpose because they either think it’s funny, or because they are just evil people in general. Far to many websites and such let those types get away with it because they don’t have proper moderation protocols in place to prevent it.

On the other extreme end, you have forums and such where members and moderators regularly abuse the report functions simply to silence people they disagree with, even when those people weren’t breaking any rules at all.

1 Like

We are facing problem for small accounts reporting us just because our accounts is big i am goin to send a pic just for an example of some of those people
You should investigate before we get ban for not doing anything wrong and you believe the reporters
Please protect us and be fair

Well, they could have hard solid evidence of several screenshots of what nasty things you have been doing in the global chat. SG won’t ban players if no offenses were made. Too bad, your hands were caught red-handed.

Whether they are alt accounts or not, it is of no moment. Next time, avoid the global chat like a plague.

Welcome to the forum, BTW. If you were here long enough, similar issues were raised every now and then. Some advocate not going to the global chat.

While, as @Ultra points out, the most suggested solution is simply not going into Global Chat, for a vast number of players, newbies especially, that isn’t an option. For long term players and those familiar with the forum it certainly is, but unfortunately the Forum is not heavily promoted in-game; the chat rooms are.

Sorry, I don’t know how to link topics, but those were 2 of my suggestions on a similar thread. Both easily implemented and would solve a lot of the issues most attributed with Global.

As this issue around Global with the content posted and its report/b@n culture has been ongoing for 4+ years, do not expect it to get fixed any time soon. Or ever, for that matter.

2 Likes

Sensorship is a big problem here.

Change your business model. The interaction between players is what makes people want to come back if the game gets old, which it is.

Discord is a prime example. What a simple concept. No game play, just people talking….and they stay and talk about relative concepts on the thread because they enjoy talking to one another.

We get banned here for asking someone to help with a titan.

So chat is super focused on being “A game for all ages.” It’s quite annoying. You cant say ■■■, forck, slhiit, pluussy, batstorsd, csunt, or anything close, which is fine. I am sure this post of mine will be flagged by the trolls.

I don’t understand the fact that the “creators” don’t understand that most people who play this game are old. Do you rely on the fact password protection on purchases are disabled? Many old people who play this game buy stuff from you all the time. WE NEED MEMES! WE NEED PICTURES!!! You haven’t changed the game in some time; you merely make it more time consuming. Hire me. You need help and focus.

All who agree please feel free to comment and subscribe to my channel.

Any ideas on how to restore chats? Merc requests and recruiting are way out of control.

Can you be a bit more specific. Is it every room…? I know I use “General” chat to look for and post Merc notifications.

A specific Merc Room would be awesome, although I think this has been asked for previously :thinking:.

Yes there is a dedicated room for Alliance Recruitment, but I’ve noticed for a while recruitment notices appear anywhere :disappointed_relieved:.

4 Likes

How the hell we should recruit if not in alliance recruit room. Global is for everything else.

1 Like

Global chat is destroyed by itself

1 Like

Global chat is not worth mentioning. Stupidity levels are sky rocketing there. I’m alergic to it, and I sneaze every time I accidentally log in there.

2 Likes

Peer support and experienced specifically. I was mistaken in thinking people would expect recruiting in alliance recruiting

2 Likes