:gefdoll(s) : Will You SPEhf Ledt (f

Well, maybe I’ll waste all my shields, gloves, etc. Or wait for morlovia and Halloween lool. It’s easier

1 Like

Turned an amazing user generated idea into a huge turd. I’ll wait to see how hero academy turns out.

If I had to guess level 10:
4 fully leveled 5 heroes + 6,000 gems + 96 days
EQUALS
4% chance at a HOTM / 6% chance regular 5* / 30% chance of 4* / 50% chance 3* / 10% chance Renfeld.

2 Likes

^ This might be more accurate if you put a decimal in front of all those percentages.

Near the end of beta for the AL, there was talk of a way to use AL10 to basically buy unlimited emblems and 4* mats with alkashards given enough money. Was that ever addressed? If not, the game might have suddenly and unintentionally become full P2W…

Yep, that was addressed with aggressive nerfing of both Alkashards rewarded from Transmutations, and how many Emblems you get from Combining Alkashards.

1 Like

Yep, I noticed a drop of comments from other Mods. Even some players have decided to take “breaks” because of how terrible the labs are. They just figure the academy will be the same way.

1 Like

@TheSchmoo Tried to fix it, but 5 minutes have passed… and cant…

1 Like

It takes 160 days to get a full Alkashard. Knock yourself out.

The good news is it doesn’t take an average of 140 weeks and 21000 gems to get a tabard. It merely takes average 20 weeks and 3000 gems to get an extra 4*, plus average 6 weeks and 1500 gems to convert it to a tabard.

1 Like

That’s not how the math works out in practice, though.

Running AL9 20 times will give you a cumulative probability of at least one 4* AM of 64%.

That means if 1 million players each ran AL9 for 20 weeks, 360000 of them won’t get ANY 4* mat.

You’re getting bitten by the same thing that bites people with Summoning odds.

Your statement is like someone else saying “if I Summon 77 times, I’ll get a HOTM because 1.3% times 77 is 100.1%!”

But in reality, 77 Summons have a similar cumulative probability of at least one HOTM of 63%.

It’s completely understandable that people will think it works that way, but that’s exactly what’s going to lead to the same frustrations that we already experience with Summoning RNG.

10 Likes

Sitting on 26 compasses and zero hidden blades, if there were an unfarmable 3* → unfarmable 3* option I would consider it. Given I’d be getting a random mat, it’d be worth perhaps 25 gems to me.

Never going to happen, I know. As it stands the Alchemy Lab will get built sometime after I finish maxing the barracks and the last forge. i.e. last.

That actually existed in early versions of Alchemy Lab as an option in Level 9, but it didn’t make much sense, since it was the same Level you can use farmables on.

Trading 12 Compasses to get 1 3* unfarmable wasn’t a very smart design, and they ultimately cut it based on Beta feedback. Many of us were concerned that players who used that option by accident or without understanding it would be extremely angry about it.

There was never a Level that was equivalent to Level 10 but for 3* mats, unfortunately.

1 Like

The most disappointing thing for me after reading the feedback of what is about to be released, there’s been a huge waste of developmental resources on something marginally better than tc 14-18.

I know sometimes new content flops in games but if sg weren’t keen on adding another way to obtain items then don’t insult the player base by producing something that doesn’t excite or show value to the community.

It doesn’t look good for the hero academy in the future if this is how the alchemy lab ends up. I would rather see even more old content revamped similar to the events than barely usable new content.

7 Likes

I have no interest in the Alchemy lab. I’m tired of RNG. If I can’t pick what the heck I’m getting, then I’m not doing it. I’m doing fine with what I have.

6 Likes

LOL
Never gonna GIVE you up - Rick Astley

But you are right… Many of us are never gonna build it up

1 Like

No, I don’t find any of the options appealing either.

1 Like

I will use only no gem alchemy of course.

And considering how long it will take and that probably i will use only low level alchemy, i will build it asap.

In spite of being a complete and total cheapskate, I do believe I actually would be willing to spend gems for unfarmable ascension mats, so long as the price is somewhat reasonable.

I agree, it’s just too much right now. Level 9 should be 75 gems max and for lvl 10 150 gems sounds fair. Right now whales will run it 24/7 as it’s not a very significant cost to them, and every 4 months they can pick up extra emblems or a ascension item. Creating a bigger gap between these players.

1 Like

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m 100% in support of the little guy. I had originally suggested selling unfarmable 3* AMs in the gem store at 75 gems apiece. But they don’t listen to us, we don’t really pay their bills. :man_shrugging: 150 gems is more than what I’d like to pay for an unfarmable 3*, but not so high that I would absolutely refuse to pay. Probably would pay, then walk away mumbling under my breath about how I just got robbed. :grin: