:gefdoll(s) : Will You SPEhf Ledt (f

But at level 10 AL they are not “giving” anything away. They are simply changing 1 4 star item into another. You still have to earn that 4 star item. Making me pony up 250 gems and making it random just makes it needlessly annoying and expensive.

4 Likes

Well, at least I don’t have to decide which building to convert to Alchemy Lab. Kinda disappointing though. And grinding it to LV10 is completely pointless as said above - you still must get that 4* and paying 250 gems for a chance of getting another (while you may need the item you are transmuting for later hero) is ripoff. Honestly, a Seasonal/Challenge/Epic summon costs 260 gems when you do 10x on average, and even getting Renfeld is better because at least you’re getting some surplus.

1 Like

Nope, never.

20 short answers.

1 Like

Level 3 says 167k 57000 Food 24 ing. Was Iron omitted after 167k? I don’t understand.

Zero need to transmute crafting or battle items. Lowest I have of any mats is 400.

If it’s still 10k alkashards for a freebie, that’s 4-6 months! You will get at least 13 4* AMs in that time, and likely a few more.

Maybe transmute a 4* AM if I ever get an abundance of one type, which has not happened. I do have an abundance of some 3* AMs over others, but that’s not an option and since level 9 is random and one at a time it’s not worth 150 gems.

Very unimpressive. When I’ll have iron to spare…for sure.

1 Like

I currently don’t see a reason to build it at all. Maybe one day when everything is finished, I could think about it…and as a c2p I see a lot better possibilities to spend my gems.

Or, maybe as soon as I realize that SGG also messed up the hero academy and I still have one forge left to transmute :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I’m still planning on building it and making my way to 10. It seems like everybody hates it and I think that will force them to make some positive changes eventually. I’d like to make some progress in case those changes come so I’m not at square 1 if it becomes worth it.

I might just be overly optimistic :man_shrugging:t2: I’m definitely not planning to use it or spend gems as is tho.

6 Likes

Iron isn’t required for any of the Transmutations.

It looks like the OP has both the original and current Food costs listed. The lower amounts are the current ones.

1 Like

I was considering that too, but I’d rather just work on prepping for Hero Academy in hopes that’s actually useful.

5 Likes

So by prepping you mean using your resources to upgrade your 2nd advanced storages instead?

Sadly at this point you have to choose where to direct your optimism. You can either hope that they eventually make Alchemy Lab useable or you can hope that they dont make the hero academy as bad as this alchemy lab :pensive:

I’m actually not sure which I would prefer between an effective AL or HA.

2 Likes

I would only upgrade to AL if I had to do it to gain access to another building or if I had everything else upgraded to the max & needed an iron sink outside of hunting lodge items/tornadoes.

I am not optimistic about this changing but until this thread I was holding out hope for what a HA could look like…only to be reminded that no amount of heroes mean anything if you can’t get the mats to ascend them…which in turn has me spiraling into despair again about how useless the alchemy lab is.

1 Like

Yes, exactly. It’s pretty predictable that increased Storage will be necessary for Stronghold and Hero Academy upgrades, so I’m just going to keep plowing along on those.

Honestly I don’t have a ton of optimism about the “Stronghold Upgrade,” as they’ve called it, anymore.

Alchemy Lab is a near total miss from what I was hoping for, and I don’t really expect that they’re super likely to substantially rework it in the future. There was plenty of opportunity to do so in Beta.

They might tweak the costs, but that’s not really going to make it into something I’d be excited about.

Given that, I have nowhere other than Hero Academy to direct what little optimism I have.

I’m more excited about the Challenge Event revamps, and am looking forward to Season 3 (probably next year).

I’m mostly just trying to not be so disappointed about Alchemy Lab that I drop off playing in the meantime.

But no promises on that front…I’ve been pretty tempted over the course of the Alchemy Lab development.

It’ll help if Costumes turn out to be fun, but I wasn’t much of a fan of the first version in Beta, since I’m not excited to Summon for Costumes.

10 Likes

I don’t even upgrade the Hunter’s Lodge past Harpoons and that building is at least useable. What a hot mess. I don’t think SGG even knows what it’s doing at this point.

5 Likes

Well. I don’t think 150 gems are too much. Normally I waste 100 to continue raiding more 6 times. Just for playing a like longer

You’re probably not alone in that thinking, and I’m sure plenty of people will choose to spend Gems on Alchemy Lab.

Titan shields are awesome. Saw guys on YouTube with only 3 atackers 1* againstv12* titans and giving 70k+ just using shields

But I Wil not be happy if it result in another 3* mats. I have dozens of all

Well you have a 95% chance of getting a 3* AM from Alchemy Lab Level 9…so you’re very likely not to be happy then. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m not a fan of the rob Peter to pay Paul idea here (especially since I have to pay just to rob Peter)… Great, you may have got a mat that you needed, but you also had to give away a mat that you likely will need. It’s senseless and unexciting and I think the devs should have listened a lot more here. I won’t be putting gems into the lab, but I’ll keep an eye open for a best practice passive way for accumulating some shards over time.

The ones that will really get took are the ones that will buy an ascension mat deal for mats they don’t “need” just so they can pay to convert said mat… and I know folks will be doing this, sadly.

1 Like

I know I shouldn’t complain, but I’m good with 3* mats. Just need some tabards for kunchen, iv wasted on domitia, sartana and Seshat, before getting kunchen.i opted level Seshat first instead of kunchen

You’re a perfect example of what many Beta players said should be expected of a player at a level to build Alchemy Lab — and are exactly why many of us gave the feedback that it wouldn’t serve your needs well.

Well, you have a 0.7% chance of getting a Tabard for 150 gems.

You may notice that looks a lot like the odds of getting a HOTM from 250-300 Gems. I’ve likened Alchemy Lab to Summoning for Ascension Materials in comments I’ve posted before.

If you’d prefer, you could use Alchemy Lab 10 for 250 Gems for a 16.7% chance at Royal Tabards instead.

But you also have to trade in another 4* mat — better choose carefully so you don’t regret your choice later.

I don’t personally fine either of those options appealing — do you?

1 Like