Frosth – 5* Ice/ Blue - April 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

He needs other blues to be a decent support. Or if you have other minion summoners with more important minions you need to protect like lady lake, QoH, or the Chinese heroes diao chan/xia Hou dun/ Cao Cao.
Frosth does have very good synergy with heroes like XHD and Cao Cao, same colours, the two of them benefits from frosth’s e link and family bonus

I currently have such blue heroes and no others to work on:
Screenshot_2022-08-01-17-06-46-78_262dc09b83f42fc5604598f73a64a305

Nevertheless, he could be a decent support for your blues because of the e link

Is the card above up to date? My card says the minions get up to 200%. How do they get up to 200%? I mean atk and hp

With difficulty. This limitation was mostly added due to Seshat’s minions who will replicate and preserve the boost. It was possible to get her minions to have many thousands of HP and ultimately even overflow and cause Seshat to die due to negative minion HP (my guess as I only did it once)

Outside Seshat you’d need to have minions that don’t die but also aren’t replaced. So basically the hero would need to be prevented from summoning new minions while Frosth continues to spec.

The wording is poor. It’s not 30 + 30 + 30… = 200. Rather, the 200% is a cap or max, so the minions can never “double” their original value.

This is what I hope c frosth would be

Class: paladin

• summons a frost sprite minion for the caster and nearby allies with 26% hp and 30% attack inherited from the caster

• all allies minions get +33% hp and +33% attack. This special can increase HP and attack up to 230% of the minions original hp and attack

• elemental link gives all ice allies small amount of mana at the end of the turn for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled

At first you maybe thinking, minions to only 3 allies, that’s quite a nerf for him.

That’s actually a big deal

You do this because your other summoners’ minions can benefit from his minion boosting effects without being pushed away by a weaker frost sprite minion.

This has always been a gripe I have for frosth, and it’s that he summons way too much minions, that he pushes away other summoners quality minions. Me getting Cel makes it so much more evident that frosth hinders more than he helps when paired together

2 Likes

You don’t have to cast him when he is charged. He is not a good AI hero.

He is fine the way he is, leave him alone please

Which is why this proposed moveset is for a costume. Nothing about changing this guy’s current skills

I have had this issue as well, maybe simply adding “summons a minion if the hero has less than three minions” otherwise he just buffs existing minions.

2 Likes

That would be great actually.

Should I be happy? I already have newer ice heroes so he won’t be first to update. Or a candidate for Soul Exchange?

4 Likes

IMO he pairs well with Pengi but isn’t good for much else.

These days I use him on cpu farming with Arco and 3 hit all heroes. I don’t use him much in raids or wars anymore. It depends on how deep your bench is and who you can pair him with

2 Likes

That’s mine…

I use him in last stages hard S5 mapping… When he throw 3, you got 1200 hp each hero.
Useful for me.

1 Like

The OP is adjusted with the April balance update.

2 Likes

Nice to seen him slighty buffed, still it aint even solid with current power creep. If his initial minions starts somewhere at 15% hp / 35% attack it might be interesting. Or total rework when his special would buff all the minions without summoning his weak ones.