Frenzied's FTP roster (advice would be appreciated)

I go where my heart takes me :purple_heart: and I’ve been wanting Seshat since my very first day of playing. I also struggle in my Dark Element collection, only having Amoenna as a fast hero there. But. Costumed Renfeld makes things so much easier in challenge modes. So Onatel - being a five star with the same skill (right?) is so tempting. And I think I’d end up picking her if it was me. If you like her, that is!

It all depends on what makes you happy to choose. :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

My heart loves strong “hard level” auto farm heroes and healers and Freya kinda does the trick as both…So I suspect I will end up choosing Freya even though I am weak in yellows, greens and blues…

Figures…

2 Likes

And yes, just echoing about costumes. It’s so easy, once a costume is released, to feel one is getting ‘less worth’ when getting a hero without it. That feeling sucks.

But we must remember to compare with heroes we have the highest chance of getting. Especially when we ain’t whales.

I compare Seshat and everyone else with S1 heroes without costume. I try to remember that all the time. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

That makes sense! I’ve been tempted too - she’s high on my list as well. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I think, you’re mixing up Soul Exchange and Fated Summon here :wink:

2 Likes

Using Soul Exchange numbers as a way to gauge hero worth.
That being said, to me, a hero’s worth is what it’s worth to me based on my existing roster, not what SG thinks it should be worth. But these are all subjective.

3 Likes

That’s of course a valid point. But here reference was made to Vela being worth 10, Ariel 15 and Rat 20. And so far, according to the Soul Exchange master thread, only Ariel had been in SE (indeed for 15, I’ve just checked that). In the thread for SE guesses Vela is mentioned for 10 and Rat for 15, but we will only know this for sure when SE appears next month.

2 Likes

Ah fair enough. I didn’t recall all the SE tables so I just assumed they were being quoted.

2 Likes

Mitsuko stands out for me - Blue reflect is a very rare skill :slight_smile: mana cut is nice too

Or Onatel for general mana control of course

I love my Seshat, but you have Domitia too - Seshat is of course an upgrade, but Mitsuko would add much more

Grazul no because you already have Zimkitha as a red cleanser, you have less urgent need for Graz’s ailment block

you can tell, I look for rarity / uniqueness of skills not currently present in your roster :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This 100%, my base Seshat is still very viable… I found snap up base Ariel in a heartbeat!

3 Likes

Yes I did, didn’t I …oopsies! Nice spotting. :wink:

1 Like

My priorities:

Skadi, Tarlak, Mits, Grazul…

Happy gaming

1 Like

Regarding 5* heroes I have a similar roster to yours - mostly S1 heroes.
I don’t have a single hero that will be in Fated Summon.

My choice is:
Blue - Ariel.
My only blue healer is Kiril (besides a few rare heroes) and I read that Ariel as a healer and mana booster is still great.

Green - Tarlak and Ratatoskr
Both are great for titans and they are healers too, so I would drop my Melendor and use either of them as a healer and tile/attack booster.

Purple - Freya
She’s gorgeous, she’s useful, she’s fast and she can be my first minion summoner. (Don’t look at me like that, Kvasir…). I want to use her for difficult quests or map stages.

I wanted Ratatoskr and Tarlak for a very long, but somehow my heart tells me take Freya.
I think that I will use Freya everywhere - quests, maps, raids, wars. Playing with her will be more fun and this game is all about fun, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Definitely agree with @Muchacho. Does it bug me that I have Seshat, Kage, Krampus, and Heimdall - all without costumes? Yeah, a little. But they are still among the best heroes on my roster, so I’ll get over it. Don’t let the perfect become the enemy of the good.

This is a good combo in lots of places. Both are fixtures of my purple squad.

This is what I have to remember. There are a lot of great choices for my roster here. Instead of lamenting the ones I didn’t get, I have to be happy with whichever one I get, because they represent a much-needed upgrade of some kind.

I also knew she was going to be great the day she came out. Thanks, HA 10, for letting me get in on that. She is great, but…

…she is better, imo.

Wise words.

She’s one that I can’t decide about. She has made my life really difficult many times, and purple is my worst color, but with all the anti-minion heroes running about, I think her worth has dimmed a bit. Still a great hero for the def boost to all at fast, though.

Didn’t take many times of watching her blow up my Vela to get that message! There are some blues it would be really nice to reflect, but I still see a lot of support blues like Krampus out there also, and those would make her less effective. Plus, I have JF and G. Kong who give def up against blue, so maybe I should pass on Mitzy. She does get a family bonus with Kage, though… :thinking:

Maybe be careful about using Tarlak as a healer instead of Melendor. Tarlak’s HoT is only 324 over 4 turns. C. Melendor’s is nearly double that at 609, and it’s only over 3 turns. Plus C. Mel gives you more survivability with def up. Tarlak is what he is - a great attack booster - but his heal should be a nice bonus, not something you rely on, imo. Also, you’d want to be careful running him with another HoT hero, as he might overwrite a better HoT.

Bahahaha!

5 Likes

Maybe I forgot to mention that I mean only my titan team. Healers for titans are not something you must have. I just don’t have better options currently. And I use regular Melendor for titans as he has higher attack. :slight_smile:
For everything else - I agree!

4 Likes

Yup, base Melendor is on my titan team as his A value is over 900. His bulk heal would coincide with the Tarlak I don’t have’s (yet?) HoT.

:beers:

2 Likes

There’s a bit of optimism!

2 Likes

very much agree, the presence of Blue def up heroes makes Blue reflect less critical. And I face the same thing with Ursena and her Yellow reflect - when the enemy yellow is Director Zuri or Prof L., then…

on the other hand, it’s great for PvE (I use Ursena in PvE much more than I use her for PVP!). Imagine bringing Mitsuko vs. Sobek bosses… :slight_smile: (and I also don’t have any Blue def up heroes, so Mitsy will fill a niche for me)

3 Likes

Every now and then a little slips, don’t tell anyone. Seems my optimism is really similar to a shart.

:beers:

2 Likes

As much as I like boosted health, I don’t think the boosters with a set number (instead of a percentage) are having the staying power as a healer that heals a percentage. This is because of the power creep/leap in the game. As HP numbers rise, the amount healed by a percentage healer rises as well, but the set number of a booster does not. The Professor is a great example. Seeing her struck terror in my heart when she first came out, but now not so much. She is good but not great anymore.

2 Likes