Forum Challenge Event Discussion

Maybe. Suggestions are welcome here on ideas. The last one was easier than desired, but also don’t want these to be restricted to the top players, rather open to more people.

I wanted to try something with team cost as that’s probably one of the most under used things in the game.

We debated a little where to set the mark. Ended up at a team cost of 30. Maybe we could have gone lower. We’ll see.

I have already checked it.
If I want to use five heroes, then I can use one 2 star and four 3 star heroes within this team cost.
I have a max emblemed two star for this :smiley: (Layla)

May want to double check math here. A 3* at 3.50 has a team cost of 8. Four 3* has a cost of 32, so exceeds the maximum amount. You would be limited to three 3* which has a cost of 24.

However, a 2* does have a team power of 6. So you can use three 3* and one 2*. And that is where the team cost of 30 came from.

I’d note that five 2* heroes also has a team power of 30. And emblems don’t affect team cost. Also, there could be other permutations with 4* and 5* heroes, not to mention 5*-3.70 which has a lower team cost than 5*-4.80 (maybe there’s a difference at 2.60 or with 4* heroes, not sure).

We considered 24 (three 3* or four 2*) but didn’t go this low. After, it would be interesting if people think we should have. And also how does the challenge fit the ToL format (where you can’t repeat a level - another reason not to go to extreme).

1 Like

Sorry, you are right.
I have added some unleveled 3 star heroes beside Layla to have a 30 team cost.

1 Like

I have just found this:

Stars Ascension Level Max Level Team Cost
1 1 20 3
1 2 30 4
2 1 20 4
2 2 30 5
2 3 40 6
3 1 30 6
3 2 40 7
3 3 50 8
4 1 40 12
4 2 50 13
4 3 60 14
4 4 70 15
5 1 50 20
5 2 60 22
5 3 70 24
5 4 80 26
5 Likes

Great,… I’m not sure,… but here is my 1st draft…

or…

or…

Btw congrats @yelnats_24, @Radar1, and @MOSTRA!

5 Likes

A general pondering…

Whatever happened to the challenges like the thanos challenge that got people to vote on patterns created by dragons or diamonds? That was fun and I believe the response was good too.

Even voting on who the best hero was and encouraging debate, before the final vote. There was always discussion. Has player activity on the forum waned? Thinking aloud :thinking:

I was genuinely unaware of the first Forum Challenge Event… How did I miss that? Rhetorical question. Although the fewer people competing, the better chance of winning… Hmmmm

2 Likes

Yes, I believe it has overall.

There are a few theories on why that may be.

#1 - lots of people quit the game because they didn’t like the direction the game is headed in
#2 - lots of people quit the game because they have more pressing real life issues to deal with
#3 - lots of people quit the game because they’ve been playing for too long and needed a break

Hmmm… nah. The more likely and probably most common / popular reason why people stopped posting on the forum:

• lots of people log into forum, see TGW is still posting there in spite of their best efforts to get rid of him

tumblr_m7xjjevoeE1rn95k2o1_250

4 Likes

So NOT true, but I’malways guaranteed a smile when you post something :heart:

Oops could be flagged for being off-topic.
Um… good luck to those competing in the forum challenge :thinking:

2 Likes

:grin:

As long as I can make some people smile!

In all seriousness, yeah, there aren’t as many people around these days. I might be personally responsible for scaring off a couple of them, but I can’t take all the credit for the waning population around here.

… which was never my intention in the first place anyway. Guys, I just wanted us all to petition for SG to do gooder - for themselves and for all of us. Didn’t mean for y’all to up and quit the game completely. :neutral_face:

Oops I might also be flagged for being off-topic.

… and at this point I no longer even care.

Release the Kraken Flaggens!

Got to have something to read tomorrow, right?

Ooh, forum messages! Let’s see… flag, flag, flag, bill, flag, flag, rude reply, flag, flag, jury summons, flag, flag…

Most exciting part of my day right there. :+1:

2 Likes

The ones with unlevelled heroes scare me a bit. They may be too soft.

2 Likes

The two challenge events I hear people talk about are the “hero brackets” one where it mimicked the ncaa tournament and thanos. To be honest, I never really participated in either - it was during a time when I was real busy at work and minimally active here. I believe those were spearheaded by the mods. I also believe they took a lot of time.

For a while, I was hoping to try and find some sort of event. I was thinking something like a recurring event. It took a while but I thought of this. I’d note SGG did the recruiting contest recently with categories for various entries. Also, while not the same, @JonahTheBard did the anaudiencewith series.

So I think a challenge event like you suggested would be welcome. We probably just need to identify the event and a champion.

2 Likes

But we can use as many items we want, right ?

So the unleveled heroes can be protected.

Maybe I can add unlevelled 2* for tile damage… but solo would be cooler…

3 Likes

I figured something like this:

Or a single 5*:

2 Likes

@yelnats_24 & @WaVe, good choices… but a 5* at tier 4 is an assets for later stage (eg: stage 7 above),… but I know… I also have some of maxxed 5* spare heroes last times.

EDIT: deleted

This is definitely true. As of now, telluria is actually my only fully leveled 5* (with 2 more leveling in 4th tier, marjana almost there at 4/78).

So I guess I’ll give it a shot with the unleveled 3* (don’t have many, besides the ones shown I guess two or 3 more red ones, or perhaps one in costume where I haven’t leveled the costume yet. Should probably stop eating 3* now :smiley:

1 Like

What’s the concern? What do you mean by the last screen shot? I’ll admit it’s not perfect and does require some integrity, but I don’t think that’s different than other forum games. I’m not certain what your concern is here though tbh.

I mean, we can screenshot with unleveled heroes (to make it 30 cost teams), then but use the leveled heroes, and take a screenshot the last victory.

EDIT: I mean yes, require integrity. :muscle:

Yes, it is possible, assuming someone has an unlevelled dupe. Here’s to hoping people play with integrity.

1 Like