Feeding Heroes: One at a Time vs. Ten at Once

If by the unfortunate chance 4* hero reaches 4/70 with a skill level less than 8 can they be fed additional heros to attempt to raise the skill level. Or are they stuck. With the new class system they are not eligible to use emblems with out a skill level 8 I believe

1 Like

Yes, and in the new version 18 release it’s much easier to fix the stuck special, as the odds are quintupled once they’re otherwise maxed.

(@Kerridoc @Rook Possible Merge of Topic)

2 Likes

If I understand correctly then at 4/70 , a 2* red hero would give my guardian falcon an 8% chance. This % increase only applies to an otherwise maxed hero?

Actually it’d be a 20% chance. A 2* matched-color normally gives a 4% chance. Quintupling (times 5) is 20. So five 2* feeders together would guarantee the skill would level up.

However, it’s quite unlikely to get a 4* hero to 4-70 without a maxed skill. The 3 ascensions alone cover getting to 4/8, and the xp required to take a 4* from 1-1 to 3-60 is about the same as taking it from 4-1 to 4-70. So even if you’re into the final ascension without a maxed special skill, it’s likely to max before 4-70.

2 Likes

I completely agree and have witnessed it with Tyrum, if you level 3* heroes with equivalent star feeders, they don’t have the room to ascend slow enough for your special to max when I maxed him I still had to do 2 additional 10 set feeds to get his special to max. I would never feed another 3 star hero anything other than 1* heroes, not even a dupe of themselves.

But @Kerridoc I do have a question as it pertains to the 4 and 5 star heroes…once a 4* hero’s special is maxed and all that’s left is leveling and ascension should we feed it other 4 star heroes, or just use the TC 11 heroes to finish them out? And for 5* since it takes so much more should we feed them 3* heroes in that case? I know that trainer heroes are perfect for this, but we don’t always get them.

For 4 star heroes that are being fed, when do you suggest they be fed to another 4 or 5 star hero?

1 Like

Keep your 4* heroes for a long, long time. Especially if you’ve already put food into them. You want a large, deep roster for wars. And once you have a nice variety of leveled-up 4* heroes, you can do a lot of custom raiding by building teams that are perfectly suited to attack the defense you’re attacking.

Also, in general on the main topic: I used to try feeding one at a time… and I switched to 10 at a time… lately, I’m experimenting with just feeding 5x 1* at a time, and I’ve had good results. Both of the Wilburs I recently got have hit 8/8 skill before third ascension.

Good gaming!

4 Likes

I already have multiples of these that’s the reason why I’m considering feeding them. Like I have 4 sabinas I do not want and need that many lol, 3 chaos I don’t even use the first one like that so 3 is excessive, too many Hu Taos so I definitely need to feed a couple of heroes out. My unique roster before duplicates are over 80 already, so I definitely have a great mix, all of the healers, pulverizers, snipers, specialty and more. So now I’m at a point where I jus have too many of the same hero I can’t even collect my TC heroes lol

@Fizban

1 Like

I’m looking to pull a few more special 5 star heroes and then I’m all set, my time will be devoted to maxing heroes and doing exceptional well in raids/battles

@LadyAchilles it is fine to feed 4* duplicates if you have plenty, but do err on the side of caution and keep a bit more than you think you’ll need - never know when a new game function (like wars, tournaments) will suddenly make an unused hero relevant, or that an updated buff will make a previously weak hero strong - and certainly this applies for 5*s as well.

If you are going to feed “extra” 4* and 5*, don’t level them up to any degree first, it’s not worth the ham or time. Generally speaking, 2s are “ideal” feeders, in terms of cost effectiveness for their production. Obviously if you’re paying or saving up to do pulls you’ll end up with “expensive” feeders (duplicate 4s etc) but they’ll be a drop in the bucket of the bulk of a hero’s levelling.

As others have mentioned there should really never be any issue maxing a 4* or 5* special no matter what you’re feeding it, and out of sheer necessity it’ll be a diet of mostly 1* & 2*s unless you’ve saved up trainer heroes for a very, very long time =)

2 Likes

Great feedback. I never plan to deplete any hero, I will always keep at least one of each esp in the 4/5 star area, I’m a gotta catch em all type. I just don’t wanna catch em all 3 and 4 times lol

1 Like

I’d keep 2 of each “A” grade 4* at a minimum. I have 3 maxed Grimms, but only two of anything else.

1 Like

@Kerridoc when it comes to dupe 5 stars do you keep more than 2 if you end up getting them?

No. Personally I prefer variety in my team choices. It’s hard to imagine wanting more than two,of any 5* so much i’d devote the resources for three. Two…yes, for top-tier 5*.

2 Likes

@Kerridoc I agree. Thanks for the feedback

Silly question- more on the topic of feeding in general, unrelated to leveling up special skills (assume they’re already maxed out on skills). Is there any reason you would feed your heroes just enough to get to the next level?

I would think the opposite food-wise: you can feed as many heroes as you want at a time until just before you hit the next level because the cost doesn’t change (1 at a time, 2 at a time, doesn’t matter), but then STOP right before the XP bar gets to the next level. Then, 10x feed to jump as far as you can at the cheaper cost and save as much food as possible.

However, in war, I noticed the only fellow comrades that didn’t have maxed-out heroes (3 of them) all had XP bars JUST into the new level! Could be coincidence after a 10x feed for all of them, or maybe they’re all still 1-feeding for no reason… but am I missing something?

1 Like

Not a silly question =) Technically you’re absolutely right, it’s more efficient to push right to the “edge” of a level and then do a large bunch. But it’s less significant on heroes (where feeding is cheaper, the jump between levels less extreme, and lots of small levels to deal with) than it is on troops. ALWAYS try to use the practice you describe when feeding troops. You can try on heroes, but it might end up drivin ya crazy :wink:

For hero that I believe in keeping a dupe my rules are:

3* ONE dupe max (2 exceptions, I have 3 gatos and a mono muggy team) if any are needed on this level (I usually only keep a dupe of a sniper and family/event heroes that are good).

4* TWO dupes max (Grimms/Proteus) if more than 1 is worth having. My personal rule outside of them is ONE dupe of each healer (except Kashhrek), one selected sniper in each color (Caedmon/Scarlett/Triton, no purple snipers and Chao is NOT worth duping) and good event heroes (Merlin/Jackal/Lance/Cheshire etc).

5* THREE dupes max for the possibility of trading in hero academy.

Outside of this I feed all others.

1 Like

Play style

No

That is just their play style.

They may also be rapidly leveling an alt account ( see notes ).

Notes

Click for notes

FIN

As long as my computer’s calculator isn’t broken, ScndStar was right in saying .98^10 = .817. It appears you did .98^5 = .9039.

I have the same situation with Bane where max at 7/8 and still chewing feeds 'forever". I reported this to SG that at this state, should be 8/8 like other heroes and stop chewing. No action taken. Still the same with costumes.