Everybody Gets Bad Boards

I can explain it.

The RNG implementation is broken. SGG has no game designers that understand this.

How do you explain that it’s not broken for me?

Yes, I get bad boards. Yes I get good starting boards and crap replacement tiles. Sometimes I lose no matter what I do. It is frustrating.

But I win most of the time (like 80%) and I stay in diamond. I am usually in top 3 for war points. I raid 3-2 and currently war mono. I have learned how to work the board when it is bad. Many “bad” starting boards are not that bad and are winnable. Many presented here as bad boards are no different from ones I win with.

Broken? How exactly?

3 Likes

Just here to vent. Yesterday I got my worst war boards ever. Worst result so far has been 3-3 in war but now I ended with 1-5. That it was Heal Aid made it even more frustrating, ended a battle with 2 points :frowning:

I was sure I would at least kill Ariel in the middle but no, of my late 4 tiles where I thought 1 or 2 would kill her 3 of them ended up missing from Drake’s blind and of course I got a combo from a red match 3 for 3 points of damage afterwards. Saw no sliver of health left but then Heal Aid, Ariel and Aeron in the corner all went off to my very big frustration.

I guess it had to happen at some point but it cost us the flip and ultimately the victory.

The very small consolation is that the tournament boards all were between ok to great and that I beat all 5 Kunchen tanks.

2 Likes

So I think I found a strategy that works. If a board on one run lacks that color, remove that affiliated heros and stack other colors. Seems to me that the system likes to limit 1 or 2 tile colors at a time… :thinking:

I would genuinely love to see the evidence supporting this theory.

1 Like

Did the last update nerf the color stack option, I have tried 4 different color stacked teams on raids and haven’t even come close to wins. No matter what color I stack the boards won’t throw that color tile…I have lost almost 200 cups in the past 2 days.I know I am probably going to get blasted for even again the question but this run has been ridiculous, and losing to teams 200 points below my tp

You are right, you will probably get blasted on this. Many have tried to complain.

Main points:

• stacking mono only allowed you to do damage with 1/5 the tiles. While charging enemy mana with every time that is played.
    -mono is either a big win or a big loss.
    -the boards are random. Collected data says it has remained so. If you can show otherwise please share screenshots and video.
    -play it out and see what happens over time
    -having run mono for months on raids, sometimes no matter what you do you will lose. Happens with other types of stacks, but mono is more prone to being messed up by bad boards.

See here for current discussion on the topic (and some arguments): Bad boards

EDIT: see here for some specific discussion on mono teams - Everybody Gets Bad Boards - #199 by TribL

Flagged for potential merger

4 Likes

3 Likes

Last war I won all flags on both my accounts, all stacking - mostly 4-1 or 3-2. In RiadT I’m top 5% and 1% respectively doing the same. Once life left on one account, 4 on the other. So no.

Ok this is my target board. Been running red on hard story mode with plenty of blue. This one image of many similiar runs. Will see if switching to blue makes any difference. Any other suggestions to test my previous observation? New to testing.

Really not sure what you are testing (from your previous post it seems that you are claiming by not bringing a color you get more of those gems). Video would probably be more complete (but that would need you to set up on YouTube).

From this it looks like you have a preponderance of blue tiles because you’ve been matching the other colors, leaving blue behind.

Are you making the claim that next time since you used most of the red tiles you will change your fire heros for ice heros and hope that you do better with the supposedly chosen tile set based on what you ran in this run?

I’m sorry, I’m a bit confused.

1 Like

You’re going to have to be a bit more precise than that, and collect a considerably larger sample. I recommend running a mono team and screen grabbing your first 100 opening boards so you can count the tiles of the strong colour.

Ideally you should record a few more than that and also run a control team, but 100 opening boards would be a pretty good start. Many forum participants would be happy to calculate a confidence interval for you, if you were to submit the data, and if the upper bound of the 95% CI for the proportion of tiles that were strong was below 0.2, you would have uncovered some evidence that merited further investigation.

(By definition and as a result of randomness, there is a 1 in 20 chance that a 95% CI will not contain the true probability of the parameter being estimated, but so far every time anyone has constructed such an interval, 0.2 has fallen within it. We should expect that eventually, one will appear to show some bias and repeated sampling will need to be conducted.)

2 Likes

This harder then I thought lol. I believe that things are random, but think the computer calculates in a strange method. I’ve tested this with a random number generator by creating rows of 20 moves, columns 1 through 5 for color. Each random roll had the results show alot of repeated numbers. So for instance the number 1 should up 70% of the time. Still random. So what I thought I stumbled on was a pattern the the program liked generating 1 during the process. Hypotheses being, will swapping to a prominent displayed color change results of the following battles.

In my pic, I could not remove blue. It looked like a picked other colors but I try clear unused colors to maximize combo damage by usable tile colors.

So not trying prove if its random, but if you can adapt to the color generation.

unnamed (1)

But I am better now. See?..

spongebob-rainbow-gif-6

3 Likes

Ummmmm…kerridoc, isn’t it OBVIOUS why SG would dump bad boards on players, like our friend above says, in increasing frequency? Players get pissed when tile drops suck for an extended time - I’m notorious in my group for having spectacularly bad tile drops over extended time - but SG has undoubtedly done the math and determined that players (me definitely aside) will spend more $ to power up and “get revenge”. Come on man, I hate when people won’t just come out and say it. SG is in the biz to make money, and if some players leave but the rest spend more, then the player doesn’t matter at all. This is a good thread, but one with a very easy answer - yes it’s happening despite strenuous denial to the contrary, and yes it’s because of $.

Money. Looks like someone cut off my last part of my post lol

Hi @Sip

@Kerridoc retired a long time ago :sob:

For what it’s worth, after over two years I get good boards, bad boards and boards in between, same as just about everyone I talk to :man_shrugging:t3:

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: War teams reset bonus

RNGesus: I have an idea. Let’s create a Raid Tournament that doesn’t allow certain tile colors and then flood the board constantly with that color until the player loses.

Me: F you, RNG.

2 Likes

3wgj58

3 Likes

It’s not just raids, it’s everything, @TGW. I’ve noticed a crapshow against titans, war battles, and meaningful battles in Challenge Events, Class Quests, and other special event later stages…even if you run Rainbow. The tiles are set up to allow maximum healing to the enemy and maximum damage to yours. Opponents drop 5 to 10 specials before you’re even charged enough for one, and most times you’re already dead anyways.

But, yeah, board favorability comes in waves.

2 Likes