Elradir – 5* Nature/ Green - June 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

Your both taking it too literally.

If there’s no damage on the 2 Elradir you can split hairs about what that means :joy: knock yourselves out

The reflected damage would not stack if the actual ailments (burn, poison) remain and were reflected.

I think it’s a TERRIBLE idea to leave the ailments attached to the reflect.

But if the reflected damage…
On the ENTIRE enemy team…
Was a nature’s payback ailment equal to the damage it delivered.

The ability to cleanse for allies that never hit him would also…
Not break the game…

The difference to Elradir would mostly be unable to stack up damage from converted dots with a second, third and so on. Just like all the other skills in the game

It doesn’t stack! That’s what everybody in the world in space except you keeps saying.

I don’t understand what you mean by this. The actual aliments are still there each turn until the Dot wears off.

If Natures Payback is on Elradir and it has one turn left and then you cast Emilio, for instance, your entire team will only take 1 turn of burn damage. Then Natures Payback wears off and Elradir will take 4 turns of fire damage just like everyone else on his team, assuming he does not buff himself again with Natures Payback

If the ailment rules for burn and poison carried with the reflect:

:point_up_2:How much damage would one hero on the team have received?

Let alone… the entire team…

In this case 1 Elradir, would have taken 167 (clarissa dot), and 268 (GM dot) for a total of 435 damage. The second Elradir would have taken the same amount. They each reflect 167 and 268 to each enemy hero (because that is how much they would have received in the first place). Each one of the Elradir’s does 435 damage to each enemy or combined they do 870 damage to each enemy. In this case is 4,350 damage in one turn to the entire team.

1 Like

Weeeeeee

You left out this part:

:point_up_2: then how much damage would be done?

I don’t understand what you mean by this. The normal rules for burn and poison are being carried with the reflect…

You can apply 2 burns on an enemy. But only one will damage them. The first will get canceled. It is the same for poison

Reflect doesn’t follow the same rules as ailment.

If multiple instances of reflect happen the same turn - they all deal damage.

For ailments, the ones of the same nature would override each other. Two GMs would deal one instance of burn damage. But Elradir’s damage isn’t coming from burning ailment - it is coming from reflect. Ailment rules do not apply.

1 Like

:wink: yes!

But ailments are what generate the damage. And reflect drops the ailment

And this is allowing for something that doesn’t happen anywhere else in the game!!

So furthermore… if single Elradir is hit by two GMs, he won’t reflect damage twice.

But if two Elradirs are hit by single GM each Elradir will reflect the GMs damage… making it apply twice.

2 Likes

Exactly! .

So far, the only other heroes who can do this with the same skill and stack it up, or…

Are one’s that apply direct damage :joy:

That’s what it is… unique.

You said I am “reaching” when I brought the Elizabeth alegory. She makes you have a mana slow down but it’s not tied to a status ailment (can’t be cleansed) but to a fiend.

It doesn’t happen anywhere else. It’s unique. That’s how some heroes are. Is it broken under certain circumstances - yea, but it does add depth to the game.

2 Likes

It is unique, :+1:

Jesus…all this arguing over a hero that nobody really wants, takes JUST the right enemy team to fight against to pull off the amazing, and also great board luck and timing for firing the skill. This probably works 20% of the time attempting it.

For the record, it is NOT stacking. It’s an individual skill on one hero that reflects damage. There are two of these heros so it does this twice. It’s how it’s designed and supposed to work. It will not be nerfed, nor does it need nerfed.

5 Likes

Also my point. Thanks for the nod

Fair enough. There are several fundamental issues, that bake into the confusion.
If it was a true reflect, then Sif, Heimdall and Cobalt shouldn’t get hit. Which makes his animation appear more correct… and reflect more blurry.

The only other Reflect Skills I know of are Ursena and Mitsuko. Is there another? And Ursena will cancel out Mitsuko’s reflect… also, neither target the entire enemy team.

Riposte skills send back damage, but only to the attacker.
And Myztero will also send back ailments, to all not just the attacker. But his is not a reflect, rather a skilled attack.

For Elradir,
Dropping the ailment (from the reflect) and reflecting only the damage is a key that allows the damages to compound with dupes, where it would normally just cancel the first one out, because ailments have never been removed from a damage before. Now that he has done this. He can compound damage that stemmed from a dot (which also bypass def), and do extraordinary nuclear hits.

It is cool to watch. I haven’t seen 2 Eleadirs in my WT yet. Doubt I will.
The player: Talking, will have a ? when he sees it :rofl:

Is this ok?
It’s especially ok for those that have dropped 12 tonics

2 Likes

it’s right there in the card:

it’s obvious to me that you’re not bothering to read the cards and understand the differences in the card wordings between Elradir, Mitsuko, Ursena, Theobald, Boril, Sif, Cyprian, Elena, Mack, and Myztero, and any other relevant heroes i can’t think of off the top of my head. Boss Wolf.

1 Like

Oh I get it. Word for word:

This:

I don’t want to see :point_up_2:
Turn into this:

When the hero by itself is just fine

So you don’t want it nerfed, you’ve stated as much several times; but you do want it changed so it is less powerful. Do explain how both can be done without contradiction.

1 Like

And it could cleansed rather than dispelled. No change for those that have dropped 6 tonics.

Key word is ailment. His damage originated from them. So don’t remove the classification with the word reflect. Which shouldn’t divvy to all enemies anyway