Elradir – 5* Nature/ Green - June 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

So that would stop two of them being able to blow up the opposition. Which means he is less powerful and less unique. Which is a nerf by most players’ definition.

Like I said…

A solo Elradir would behave normally
Which is still spectacular considering the damage cuts through def and hits ALL enemies

Otherwise yes…
would be hard pressed to do.
Shouldn’t it be?!?

Not seeing it, really. What’s the point of a HOTM behaving “normally” (i.e. same as everything else in the game) anyway? Don’t we like unique skills?

It would still be unique throwing ailments to ALL enemies.
It would still be strong. Seriously… where is the hatred on this hero? Where is he called hot garbage? I can’t find it.
He is NO REUBEN

Plus…
We had a Hotm a while ago that formed an unexpected synergy.

Unlike Myztero…
Everyone and their dog has this hero.
It’s a safe bet that thousands have dupes

Also unlike Myztero. His speed won’t waste tiles. His passive is in-step too!
He’s a great hotm. The twins are self evident, and a bit niche.
However, go look at the top 100 and find a defense without ailments

For now. Most have one leveled.
If you don’t care about balance,
Fine… no one else does either

If they do care?! Maybe fix it before there are thousandss that have dropped 12-18 tonics. And any ailments on defense, raid or war… becomes a bad idea

There’s a hero like that already - is called Lady Loki.

What you ask for is make Elradir like Lady Loki.

Except only move his own ailments back to enemies.

And be that only ailments that deal damage.

So be it like 20% of Lady Loki. Great hero.

THIS here that you keep pasting in:

4C7387B4-D85C-415B-B649-055C47470514

that works only if:

• you ascended two Elradirs
  • both of them survived enough to charge at average speed before being wiped out by the enemies
  • enemy team has some strong damage ailments (GM and Clarissa have probably the highest ones per turn)
  • and you time Elradirs’ skills perfectly when having both Clarissa’s and GM’s ailment at the same time on both Elradirs (they only last two turns remember!)

It’s so unlikely to happen lol.

Here’s an alternative.

• Pull two Friggs
  • Ascend both Friggs
  • Get two Friggs in a team together
  • Get a board that allows both Friggs to charge at the same time while still have enough tiles for them to deal their max 244% dmg
  • Fire both Friggs the same turn
  • Come back here on the forums complaining it should not be possible to have the second Frigg deal damage the same turn while the first Frigg already dealt the damage using the same tiles on the board because all the enemies then get 800+ dmg each and it looks so terrifying on the gif

I am pretty sure that’s more broken. And the setup required for it is so much more likely.

5 Likes

You don’t need 2 ascended. 3.7 works too. Lots of vids for that.

Not so average with ailments in play

You think Frigg is more common than Hotm? I don’t… those twins could be more versatile. But offensively… I don’t see the tiles after they charge to compete with Elradir stack from a dot base

More reaching

I have Elradir on 3.70 and had to lose like 10 raids in beta just to be able to check whether the reflect damage he deals charges Russell… gave up and ended up testing it on PVM. Yea it looks pretty funny when it happens but you make an issue out of it as if it was guaranteed to happen each game - it doesn’t. The fact that some guy just posts a video of one successful try from dozens most of which failed isn’t really proving anything. Even finding a proper defense to pull it off on must cost like a million ham. I haven’t raided against Clarissa in months now, not to say find Clarissa AND GM in the same team - it’s like hunting for a unicorn.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I could give credence to offensive heroes never hurting anyone’s feelings.
So they get to run amuck. Which was especially true because you could never see them. While defensive heroes always are center stage for balance arguments. Especially after saturation’s form…

But… now you can see them :smiling_face:

And even still. I will see nothing but a pair of dupes and briefly think, "grrrrrr mondays". Probably still not a big deal.

For the alliances that share war videos
There maybe a some extra zing in the ouch factor.

So the argument stands that wiping an enemy out with 2 heroes in 2 turns doesn’t break the game. And I maintain that they won’t do anything about it :+1:

I didn’t know I was going to have to debate what reflect is or isn’t and what stacking a skill means. I’ve got the hive swarming and it’s been a hoot!!

Thanks for the good debate E&Peeps

I’m gunna bow out and let you guys get back to uh… farming for tonics :joy::v:

I’ve got to finish building a road and have spent too much time here as it is

Sorry. I’m sure I can explain again, and differently even! But it would be the 20th time

1 Like

I’m surprised russula wasn’t pulled into this massive debate about stacking/reflect yet. As her effect only applies to her, she can probably do the same thing with her niche. El is a hybrid of stack/reflect, but Russ is pure stack

I woke up to 85 new posts on the elradir topic. A hotm from 2 months back. That’s got to be a mistake I thought. …

Wow!

Impressive 1 vs 10 debate. Great entertainment

For the record pulling this off is not easy and vs the exact right team it can be done maybe 1 in 4 tries.

My regular 2x elradir, myztero and 2 healers team is highly effective against these teams and may actually be my most efficient team, but will be well suited against maybe 1 in every 10 or 15 teams I face. Huge fun when it happens though. And well worth the 12 tonics.

I’m sure pompituous would love to see this nerf-not-a-nerf happen just to annoy me, I doubt he actually thinks this is OP or that anyone else is using this much or there is a risk of a flood of double or triple elradirs about to flood the market.

Elradir is a greatly underestimated hero but most still don’t see his value. It is reflected in his reviews and in the feedback he has received. And the fact that most people who got dupes ended up feeding the dupes. Although obviously not at Reuben hate level.

4 Likes

I love being a minority of one

That must make me wrong :wink:

And posting a vid all over the forum of wiping a whole team with 2 heroes is right! Okay.

I will stay the minority, it’s fine.

Cool! :yum::+1:

Do it with 2 other heroes, in 4 tries lol…

Yet GREATLY underestimated. lol…
No one hates this hero. Some youtubers tried to downplay him before he was released. Not sure why that still matters :rofl: I don’t think they ever do anyway
It’s not a bad hero.
It’s awesome that he can reflect dot damage without the actual dot classification.
To ALL enemies… over an extended time

These new hotm multi-passives
Are killing it…!

@Kilted had a smart idea to stack 2 together!

I saw you started typing about half-an-hour ago @Homaclese
What are you working on?

Crop dusting with donkey cubes? :upside_down_face:

Half-an-hour. You gotta be through the first raid pot by now. And a ton of ham!
Well… I’ll leave you to it. Good luck

I love how this 85 worth of posts started from your recent video.

1 Like

I have 2 kids, and its the weekend… what do you think I am working on?

I have no idea what this means

Managed to do it with Skadi and C Kiril on my 9th attempt, against a slightly weaker team (although roughly same TP). Harder than I thought as even after you get the 9 tiles you have a stack of 4 or 5 and you still have to survive, and it is easy to get cut down by minions and slash attacks. If I had GG it would be much easier I am sure.

Can anyone else think of 2 hero combinations that would work?

How about a grimble plus alfrike vs a freya plus Frosth team??

1 Like

I still have no idea what this means. But knowing how clever you are I am sure it is hi-LAR-ious.

In the meantime, enjoy this match from two OP heroes ably supported by C Mel and D Andre. I had a board that lined up perfectly, but unlike the video that sparked this entertaining debate, against this type of team config this team can get this result with almost any starting board.

Oh and

No, that doesn’t make you wrong. You have an undeniable talent for being wrong regardless of whether you are in the minority or majority.

:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Now I have no idea what this whole reply means.

Why is the video for me?
How is it about OP heroes?
Are you saying other people can’t win with different teams? I don’t get it.

Or was it just so you could drop an insult at the end? That’s probably it

You are special

You think Elradir is OP. Myztero is just as good as Elradir. Hence… a team of OP heroes

What insult?

Can you show me where I said this please? Thanks

This one:

We have disagreed about hamgate,
And more powerful 4* LB over 5* LB,
And why rerolls shouldn’t be disregarded when talking about versatility

I wasn’t wrong at all!
But I’m not going off topic and insulting you about being wrong for those things.

We disagree often. Always…
Which is why I try to avoid talking with you. You have to result to insults

Thanks for blowing me a kiss though.
That was nice

You doubt they will fix his skill. Because they don’t care about balance. You aren’t saying it is too weak. So if they won’t balance (because it needs balancing, but you don’t think they will do it because they don’t care about balance) a skill that is not weak then by method of elimination it must mean that it is a skill that is too strong? Almost… overpowered?

I am sure I will find many such references, I just had to check the first couple to find this one.

MMm. Hokay.

I never initiate them, friend. You do. And you even “smear” (one of your favourite terms, no?) the forums with insults against me when I am not even around, nor involved in the conversation. You reap what you sow.

Oh and I’d love to avoid talking talking to you… yet here you are, responding to my video. Which had nothing to do with you. So.

Welcome. I am nice.

1 Like