Eid mubarak - add a gift for Ramadan

I wrote once about the absence of Christian influences in the SG Holidays. They are secular.

2 Likes

Nothing about discrimination actually, I think its nice for all of us to have something special in the game for all of us to enjoy it doesn’t matter who or where were from.

1 Like

This would obviously be a nice feature for whom the date is relevant, but SG would be doling out freebies every single day (ever Googled religious dates throughout the year?). Now, while I’m always up for free stuff, the devs aren’t quite so keen, historically speaking.

I wish you well in this petition. :slightly_smiling_face:

P.S. As an aside, I personally never considered any of the events to have any religious connotations. The only passing semblance comes with the time of year they are run; no problem there though, as players would surely question a Christmas event were it to occur in August. The content itself is generic commercial guff at best.

Just my opinion though.

2 Likes

As this might be true for some people, it is a broken true, based on only one side of the story. You don’t need to go to church to know that Christmas and Easter are, at their roots, the most important pillars of Christendom. 25 of december celebrates the birth of Christ while Easter marks his ressurection and ascension. There is, indeed extensive comercial content added by civil society over the last two centuries, but these hollidays are two millenia old… Pretending Christmas and Easter are not christian hollidays it’s like claiming Michael Jakson was white :grin: Feels a bit like we’re stealing our own hat…

Does the game say it is Christmas and Easter? Santa Claus, Eggs, and Bunny are not Christian symbol.

2 Likes

:grin::grin::grin: Doesn’t matter what we call it, we all know what it is, even if we pretend we don’t. Americans may call it socker, but it’s stil footbal, isn’t it? You stil need to score goals to win, no matter what you call it :grin::grin::grin: I made this analogy because the main protagonist of the christmas event is called Santa Claus, isn’t it? But Santa is called Santa only in America, every country has their own name for him. Actually there are a lot of countries where he’s called Noele. Regardless of what we call him, at the legend’s roots stands a christian priest involved in some charitable activities. Denying christmass is a christian holliday is childish…

This debate is exactly why SG should shy away from using religious term.

Fact 1: Santa Claus is used by non-Christian.
Fact 2: Santa Claus usage in Christmas is rejected by some Christian groups as it is not biblical (just because a Christian person give gifts doesn’t mean he become a Christian symbol).
Fact 3: Eggs and Bunny are pagan symbols of Assyrian/Babylonian goddess which is celebrated in Ishtar (not Christian’s Easter).

Yes, but these are the comercial parts of the hollidays. Still, we don’t celebrate Santa and the bunnies, we celebrate the birth, ressurection and ascension. The very essence of the christian belief.

Exactly, they are not religious part. They are commercial part aiming at both non-Christian and Christian.

This is precisely why SG use them instead of true Christian symbol because they don’t want to associate it with a religion. This is why they avoid using Christmas/Easter term.

Ok, so why don’t we then have a non religious event for Ramadan? That’s the OP’s point. We have two non religious events for two cristhian hollydays, why not one for a muslim hollyday too?

That is what I said earlier. If SG want to connet to Moslem players, they should use similiar approach to Christmas by choosing a Moslem holiday that is also a cultural event, not only religious. A holiday which non-Moslem can still celebrate.

Don’t use the Easter approach as it can be considered as heresy.

Hey, we’re all here for the loot and the only god in the E&P world is RNG, and what a moody god it is… Have an event for evey religion around the world! Somehow I doubt there’s enough days in one year to implement that :grin::grin::grin:

The key is avoiding religious term and symbol. So I don’t think every religious holiday can be included, only those with deep cultural heritage and be considered as cultural event.

In Indonesia (Moslem majority but non-Moslem country), the major holiday is Lebaran (Eid al-Fitr) holiday, instead of Christmas holiday like in the western world. But I don’t know how they can implement it in the game without using religious term or symbol.

No one is denying CHRISTMAS is a Christian holiday. But I press you to show me a virgin birth, Star over Bethlehem, baby Jesus, crèche, three wisemen, murderous Herod, trip to Egypt, etc. NONE of these exist in the game…because the Christmas being used isn’t religious but secular. Please deny the secularity, I will be amused at your disingenuousness. :wink:

2 Likes

Oh, come on Rook, CHRISTmas is CHRISTmas, even the name screams it out loud. What the hell are we talking about? Christmas is a christian hollyday, the rest splitting hairs four ways… religious, secular or otherwise, christmas is based on only one thing, the birth of Christ, christianity’s central figure. Religious and secular features are unseparable today. You can’t have christmas without Christ just as much as you can’t have it without Santa. But Santa tagged along much, much later… over 18 centuries later… Damn, just google it up! You say it isn’t religious because it lacks religious symbols… The way you put it it’s like “it’s all right to have neo-nazi around as long as they don’t seig heil and display the swastika”… But common folk see beyond this kind of things. Of course people worshiping other deities will feel left out. They have no event based on their hollydays, while christians have both christmas and easter… it was a PR mistake on SG’s side choosing the said events themes based on Santa and the easter bunny. Both winter and spring events might have been thought entirely different. You really think a musslim playing through the winter event thinks “Hey, it’s christmas based, but that’s all right it’s only based on the comercial parts!” I don’t think so… I think they only think " this is christmas based, why ain’t there a ramadan based event?"

Show me a screenshoot where they say Christmas in the game.

1 Like

It is better off Islamic icons as whenever an icon appears any platfrom, a crisis breaks out. Therefore, not to make it a part of the game is a better choice. You guys, don’t get offended. That’s what you want somewhere inside. So, don’t complain. By the way I am Turkish and I am Muslim.

3 Likes

So, what, Santa Claus stands for Hanuka?! And the easter bunny for the chinese new year?! No they’re well known symbols for christmas and easter… No need to use the names, symbols speak for them selves.

So they never say Christmas in the game? Never say Easter too?

Yes, the devs should not have involved religion what so ever… too late for that…