Eid mubarak - add a gift for Ramadan

Well, there’s this christian event usually on December extending on the early part of January of the new year since the Gregorian calendar is widely used. It’s not bad for all players if SGG is asked to provide freebies during Muslim celebrations, too. Heck, let us include Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu special days also. What was asked is if SGG and Zynga can dole out something for all players. Is that a bad thing? Please widen your perspective and world outlook, not simply myopic because of your selfish ideas. It’ll make you a better person. Thank you.

Thank you @Ultra. You got the wrong end of the stick. I was simply asking for religion not to be brought into the game and that was because it is and can be very emotive. Nothing more and nothing less.
You will also have read my other posts in which I clearly state that every religion whether that be officially recognised or not should be fully respected 110%.
You will also see that I too gave a vote to other players receiving a gift that are pagans.
So in a nut shell, free gifts for everyone from SG irrespective of religion, creed, colour, sexual orientation, disability, ginger hair Or whatever…
I also congratulated Jebacos with a Happy Ramadan and apologised if that wasn’t the correct salutation.
One thing I cannot be accused of is having selfish ideas in this game.
But thank you very much for your observations and I hope you too get free gifts from SG
Good luck

7 Likes

The free gifts have nothing to do with religious observances. They are given in conjunction with seasonal events based on western civic holidays that (3 out of 4) have an increasingly tenuous basis on christian observances and are more about making you spend more (something I’m sure SG wholly endorse). To have a free gift for Ramadan would require an in-game event very loosely based on Ramadan. That may be a direction that SG want to avoid going in.

1 Like

@Ultra This has already been soundly answered here. (follow link above)

“Christmas” in SG is not Christian, it has nothing to do with the birth of Jesus Christ, or the visit of the wise men from the east bearing gold, incense and myrrh to the Christ Child.

“Easter” likewise has nothing to do with the Christian religion (nowhere will you find the resurrected Lord after his crucifixion on the cross, burial for three days in the tomb, and His return from the dead.)

Halloween has long ceased to be a celebrated religious holiday, but you can still find folks who know that All Hallows’ Eve is actually Reformation Day (October 31, 1517), the day Martin Luther nailed the 95 theses to the Wittenberg Door and sparked off the “reformation” between the Catholic and the beginning Protestant church.

Now honestly, tell me where SG puts ANY religion into their holidays? There is none. It’s utterly secular.

6 Likes

Additionally, many believe Hallow’een was originally a Celtic celebration Samhain (a harvest time festival) co-opted into christian belief to make conversion more acceptable to the “non-believers”.

2 Likes

Religion is something very personal. I grew up and living in a Muslim country as an atheist. I believe there is nothing wrong to celebrate the Ramadan or Christmas or any other religious day in that matter.

To give you guys a perspective from Muslim point of view, let me explain the situation for them. Even though Christmas is completely commercial, it belongs to Christian culture and Muslims don’t celebrate Christmas and they avoid the word Christmas. At least in my country, harsher Muslims are acting it’s sin to enjoy with Christmas. So as a solution they slightly celebrate New Year.

In my perspective, religion has no place in a game, but could be a bit hypocritical coming from someone who doesn’t have faith in one.

3 Likes

I appreciate other cultures, and recognize that they have both religious and secular traditions.

I was merely pointing out that the current “holidays” that are included in the game are secular and not religious (which is why I included a detailed religious version for each one; they are clearly not what SG has included in the game.)

I believe SG avoids religion so that it’s game is open to believers of all faiths. Just my personal opinion. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree with you. Tbh the only problem is the world we live in. There is still so much hate and unfortunately that hate is feeding by lots of sources. People are getting more and more sensitive these days.

If you ask me let’s all celebrate St. Patrick’s day and pee green lol. A good laugh and joy to share all we need.

2 Likes

But no! That would be religious! :grin:

Truthfully, my memory of Ramadan was the kindness of our Arab neighbors who shared everything with us. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m from Turkey. Not an arabic community but same goes here. :wink:

1 Like

I can’t blame most of you, guys. The poster simply asks for freebies in this very festive season of the Islam faith. Indeed, it is hypocritical claiming that no religion must be entered in this game when December shows christmas-themed acitivities for the yuletide, which is basically a christian belief no other religion simultaneously celebrate. Come on, don’t tell me Santa’s Challenge is not purely christian in practice, though it may have been originated in pagan belief, extending it to the early days of January to celebrate the 3 kings. You seemed to forget your history.

Again, what was asked was a simple request that SGG also doles out freebies on religious events celebrated worldwide. Same with your christian beliefs on December even if Christ was not really born on December 25. I see the problem though. Conversion of the Hijrah Calendar to the actual date in the Gregorian Calendar.

And that, my friends, is just saying my piece and my peace. Have a blessed day/night everyone. Let peace worldwide reign. Inshallah !!

1 Like

Hopefully, a summary of the conversation so far will help to clear any misunderstandings.

:point_up_2:This is the OP.

I assume the OP is requesting for a Calendar Gifts and Offers Pop-Up thingy specifically for Eid Al-Fitr.

:point_up_2:Some players opine that religious things shouldn’t be in the game.

It is interesting to point out a veteran player thinks that there are no religious element in the game even though the game has Easter Bunnies, Halloween and Santa Clause. The reason is not he/she is being ignorant. It is common knowledge that most Western societies nowadays do not relate Easter Bunnies, Halloween and Santa Clause to Christianity anymore.

:point_up_2:The OP feels discriminated.

:point_up_2:Another poster supports the OP by pointing out that Christianity is represented in the game.

:point_up_2:An effort is given to explain that the Seasonal Events are not religious in nature.

To simplify it:
There are 2 totally different celebrations happening on the same date and sharing the same name. One is celebrated by the Christians and the other by the non-Christians. On 25/12 Christians celebrate Christmas no.1 for the nativity of Christ, while non-Christians celebrate Christmas no.2 for the fictional version of Santa Clause. SGG based their Seasonal Event on the fiction based non-religious Christmas no.2. (Same idea different execution Easter Bunnies and Halloween.)

:point_up_2:Thus, a poster suggested that a reskin of the Seasonal Events to avoid further misunderstandings.

What he/she means could be something like this:
Follow the model of the Summer Seasonal Event.
A) Summer Quest is Arabic themed
B) Calendar Gifts and Offers is a generic “Summer is here” theme.
So, SGG can change the Christmas, Easter and Halloween’s Calendar Gifts and Offers into a generic “Winter/ Spring/ Autumn is here” theme to avoid misunderstandings that the gifts are given for a religious occasion.

Conclusion
In a nutshell, the idea that gifts are given for a religious occasion is a misunderstanding, due in part by the theme selected for the Calendar Gifts and Offers may mislead some to think that it is Christian related. Thus a poster suggested some cosmetic change to the gifts in order to prevent future misunderstandings.

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri to all Muslim friends
(Translation: Peace and Harmony Eid Al-Fitr Day Celebration)

2 Likes

I personally always thought having Santa-themed heroes was misplaced in the game myself. And at first I never even associated Springvale with Easter until they added the easter eggs to the boards.

What did I say right at the beginning- bringing religion into all of this gets very emotive.
And to be very honest my view is that in my faith there is nothing religious about Santa Clause and there is nothing religious about Easter Bunnies I really do consider them to be secular.
In my faith we never had bible classes that included Santa and we never had bible classes that included bunny rabbits. Just saying …
With regards to Halloween I really can’t say, I can’t remember Sister Joan explaining all that to us in RE. But in any event carving pumpkins and putting on silly costumes just isn’t my thing. But to those that do - carry on, celebrate, have a good time you are doing no harm.
So in a nutshell, the way I see SG giving gifts mainly relate to highly commercial “dates” rather than religious celebrations.
There you go said my piece…
And peace be with everyone in the world whether you celebrate faith or not. That’s between you and your God.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I would like to recommend the empires and puzzles editors and management to consider Muslims & other religions on holidays like Ramadan(a special month for Muslims) since a massive number of the game players are Muslims.

Thank you.

For those who are unfamiliar with the holiday:

:wink:

2 Likes

I say, get rid of any religious, skin color and sexual content. Make spring and winter events religion free, just like summer and autumn. Change all heroes skin color to purple or orange, make them all wear full body armor so they’re gender free… I bet, even then, some people will find some imagiary reason to feel unhappy and discriminated… it’s just human nature…

Santa Claus, Bunny, & Eggs are not Christian related. Did they say Merry Christmas or Happy Passover/Easter in game? Did they add free gift for Good Friday? Christmas around the world had been reduced to secular event. Bunny and Eggs are pagan influences, they might even be considered as heretic.

I think it is easier to add Arabic New Year than Moslem holidays. It can be like Chinese New Year.

2 Likes