Eid mubarak - add a gift for Ramadan

Where is a gift for ramadan and mubarak??? !!!

Alhamdulillah !! (Praise be to God !!)

1 Like

Letā€™s try to avoid a religious thing in a game please.
I am all for celebrating each and every religion but just not in a game.
It can get very emotiveā€¦

9 Likes

i just want all religions to be respected!!!

2 Likes

110% agree. Every single religion should be fully respected. But have you any idea about how many official and none official religions exist?
SG would be giving away gifts (not) left right and centre.
Plus not sure how I say this correctly but - happy Ramadan

2 Likes

I think the most suited salutation is ā€œRamadan Kareemā€.

Islam is the second religion in the world. there is discrimination!
it doesnā€™t matter how you congratulate. it is important that it is from the heartā€¦ and thank you!

1 Like

Iā€™m a pagan. I have no holy anything to get rewards for. Please respect me, too. :wink:

9 Likes

You deserve a free gift too then ā€¦ everyone gets my voteā€¦

2 Likes

Me as a not very religios christ would habe absolutely and totally no problem if e&p had only islamic offers and events, and it was designed and run by any islamic country.

I wouldnt even bother not having my religion in the game, why would I? Its not discrimination. If i wanted my religion shown in a game I would have to look up one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hate people throwing around with sentences they donā€™t understand. Discrimination would be, if all Christian would get a present for Christmas and all other would get nothing. As every player has a Christmas gift, it is equal to everyone!

What would be next? No challenges during sabbath? Non violent raids?

Keep religion where it belongs, in your mind!

6 Likes

Nobody gave up. Gtv for lent :wink:

2 Likes

What if there is no Christmas present, but everybody gets a present for Eid? That would be fair, right?

Well, Christmas kind of evolve into a non-religious celebration. The Christian do celebrate it for its original religious intent but non-Christians take it as a festive season to gather with family and friends, exchange gifts and eat wonderful meals. E&P is giving out Christmas gifts for the later non-religious intent.

Eid Mubarak.
Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri (this is my countryā€™s way to greet :smile:)

3 Likes

True, but there is Springvale for Easter. I donā€™t have a dog in the fight, Iā€™m not religious. But I can see how some people may see Christian-based themes and would want their religious holidays to be represented.

Maybe next Ramadan, I wonā€™t feed Jahangir until the sun goes down :slight_smile:

Well, what happened to Christmas happened to Easter too. This is kind of the state of how things are for Western society (much to the lament of the religious leaders). This is one path Muslims wouldnā€™t want to follow.

To be honest I donā€™t mind more extra free gifts for any holiday :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT:

Upon further thinking, the seasonal events arenā€™t designed to be religiously themed. The seasonal events are suppose to represent the four seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.

The developer wanted each season to have its own unique heroes.

1. For Winter, a Christmas related theme was selected since it occurs in the winter. They purposely used Santa Claus and family concept (commercial non-religious) instead of the birth of Jesus concept (religious).
  2. For Spring, a Easter related theme was selected since it occurs in the spring. They purposely used Easter Bunnies and eggs concept (commercial non-religious) instead of the raise of Jesus concept (religious).
  3. For Autumn, a Halloween related theme was selected since it occurs in the autumn. They purposely used Horror/Vampire concept (commercial non-religious) instead of the Christian saints concept (religious).
  4. For Summer, there isnā€™t anything popular they can based the event upon. So, they ran with an Arabic theme.

Also, it is important to note that the Hijrah calendar (Islamic calendar) is about one and a half week shorter than the Gregorian calendar. Eid Al-Fitr is fixed on 1st Syawal (Hijrah). E&Pā€™s timetable of events are based on the Gregorian calendar. E&P events are predictable since they follow the same distribution pattern year after year). Due to the length difference of the 2 calendars, event based on Eid Al-Fitr will not have a fixed period year after year which is an issue by itself.
(Interesting note: I remember in year 2000, we celebrated Eid Al-Fitr twice in the same year due to calendar difference. The 2nd celebration occurs in conjunction with Christmas)

7 Likes

As @anakellch pointed out, the christian themed events in EP include more cultural non-religious elements that actually donā€™t really have much to do with christianity (Eggs, Bunnies, Reindeers, Santaā€¦). And I bet they have a reason to call it Springvale and not Easter event, to keep it neutralā€¦
Not really sure if it would be highly appreciated by islamic representatives if a gacha-lootbox-lottery mobile game make an event based on an islamic holiday with funny weird and animal charactersā€¦ or if this would be seen as disrespectful, tbh.

Also I am seriously upset when I see people demanding to have their religion represented in the game (no matter which religion) paired with the accusation of being discriminated against otherwise. I am ok with the christian themed events, given the fact that they donā€™t really refer much to the religion itself and that the company is based in a christian country. However, I wouldnā€™t mind having more neutral events. But then: Even Atlantis relates more to the greek mythology than the seasonal events relate to anything christian. We have Proteus, Poseidon and other different mythical figures and gods. But none of the christian themed event really relate to anything from the bibleā€¦

5 Likes

Of course, as long as everybody is treated the same way, there is no discrimination.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œll2000sr, post:12, topic:185797, full:trueā€]
What would be next? No challenges during sabbath? Non violent raids? [/quote]

While minimizing content during the sabbath sounds nice, that would benefit very few players.
Iā€™ve missed out on a thing here and there due to observance - but that is personal, and I let my alliance know in advance.
Non-violent raids sounds funny - like the ā€˜Friendshipā€™ finisher in Mortal Kombat. (Oops just mentioned a different game.)

1 Like

I think @anakellch has summarised the current wisely - SG is a European operation and so has chosen seasonal themes that necessarily have some reflection in the cultural and Christian heritage of much of Europe.
That being said, it is predominantly santised for a broad, secular audience and is now rooted in ā€˜seasonsā€™ rather than religious holidays. It would therefore be unusual to dedicate an event to a purely religious holiday.

3 Likes