🧪 Early information on the September 2024 HOTM -- Zidane [Part of The Beta Beat V68]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the September 2024 HOTM, Zidane

All Information from Beta is Subject to Change!

Don’t get attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Zidane Beta Info & Stats (Extremely Likely to Change)

Fancy name: Charming Privateer

Power: 996

Attack: 1058
Defense: 976
HP: 1627

Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Class: Ranger
Family: Legends 2024
Aether Power: Gamble

Innate Ability: Increased Attack per Non Fire Enemy
At the start of each battle, this character’s attack is increased by +5% for every enemy that is not of Fire element. In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave

Innate Resistance: Resist Buff Immunity
This character has innate resistance against ailments that give immunity to new buffs.

Mana Speed: Very Fast

Special Skill: Tricks of the Trade

• Use a Random bolt for a specific effect.

Barbed Bolt

• Deals 330% damage to the target.
  • The target receives 537 Bleed damage over 3 turns.

Poison Bolt

• Steals the latest dispellable buff from target and grants it to the caster.
  • The target receives 696 Poison damage over 3 turns.

Fire Bolt

• The target receives 855 Burn damage over 3 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Fire allies +20% critical chance for 6 turns. This effect cannot be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see the master beta-beat thread:

4 Likes

So only the fire bolt gives the e-link?

2 Likes

Thanks PFF !
He looks good to me as VF and combined special plus DoT looks strong (and each DoT can even stacked). His passive also good so @TribL should satisfy with the Zidane name :grin:

Btw, does his EL applies only on last effect ? Or it activate to all random bolts?

1 Like

I think both barbed and fire bolts need an additional effect like poison. Most likely the e-link is for every bolt. But why would only poison get an additional effect?
Maybe barbed gets Anubis’s greed or burn gets damage amp, idk. The rng effects needs to be enticing enough for people to want to try this hero out

Yes, I have just checked it, when this hero has given Bleed damage, then elemental link was not added to Fire allies.

1 Like

Sounds like a bug, elinks have never been conditional.

2 Likes

Special Skill - Zinedine-Headbutt

10 Likes

I thought that was his finishing move. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lol it does look like pretty much Lights Out

I think the value of the e-link is so great because they intend to make it conditional, but I agree that it is very strange, and I would not like to see another 5 HOTMs follow this style.

So… I like that there isn’t a crap option in the bunch… But… I don’t see him cracking the starting lineup for my team … or even a reserve… But he’ll be fine for the new players who don’t have vf heroes.

2 Likes

A new version of Malicna, with some changes. I was glad that I didn’t receive her when she was released.

Unlikely to use this hottie cos battlefield is hard enough as it is, without added stress from Hero skill gambling.

3 Likes

Useless hero, for real i dont even know for what they bother to make this HOTM :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Did they copy the artwork from Zidane in Puzzle Combat? Or is it original artwork?

It’s a recycle artwork

I haven’t played PC but wow, that looks ugly, like a beta EP.

At least this HOTM is less of a joke than August, and that not a high bar to clear :rofl: :rofl:

Compare to previous VF hitter HOTM this is still lacking and add gambling into the special.

In comparison,

Turgruk deals 450% direct dmg (+50% first hit making it 500%)

Uthragan deals 150% to 1, and 573 poison (base) to 3, healing 100% of dmg

For this HOTM, only the Fire bolt is decent, you might as well take the other 2 away, remove the element of gambling, and buff Fire bolt to burn 3 target. That alone will make this a good HOTM after months of trash this yr.

1 Like