šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the Path of Valor [Part of the Beta Beat v25 & v26]

If you look in the top post of this thread, you may notice that of the 6 example Daily Challenges Iā€™ve logged so far, none of them really requires WE.

2 Likes

Its 3 daily challenges, its really wont be hard to fit in with standard play

3 Likes

Except recruits which we would farm anyways and also come from raids

1 Like

Ahh, my bad, I thought you meant ā€œitemsā€ in the sense of a complete list of bundle/relics/whatever.

Yes, thatā€™s currently how it works. The rewards are fixed, not random.

You can see all of the Milestones, and the rewards for each one, and you can see how many Valor Points away from the next Milestone you are.

3 Likes

No worries, all of that information related to Path of Valor/Relics/Resource Bundles is in the top post of this thread. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Or from the Advanced House.

Getting 30 Recruits in 24 hours would be hard not to do, unless you just didnā€™t play that day.

7 Likes

Not all of us wanna play everyday hence the popularity of the tourney deals and the battle item special deals in the shop lol. If a player plays daily, neither of those things should need purchased

Personally i cant go a day without playing even if i try toā€¦

11 Likes

The Daily Challenges are clearly meant to encourage/reward some daily play.

But as with everything in this game, they could be skipped, and a player would just get fewer rewards.

1 Like

Iā€™m just preparing you for your moderation duties of hiding my posts when people start jumpin on with ā€œhow is it fair that those who play daily get more reward than those that cant play everyday due to real life obligationsā€ lol

If E&P has shown anything in itā€™s history, itā€™s that this playerbase never feels itā€™s fair for those who put in more time and effort to get more rewards than those that donā€™tā€¦

29 Likes

At the current weightings you need 50 from 164 so hardly a huge pressure to play

Thanks for relieveing my concerns lol

That is life in general, not just E&P :wink:

7 Likes

Isnā€™t it the other way around?

• When the raid tournament came out and people were randomly getting great rewards the dedicated folks flipped out
  • When Atlantis Rising came out, people who had completed Season 2 freaked out because others would be able to complete it at a lower cost
5 Likes

Samesiesā€¦

Iā€™m actually really excited about everything here. I almost come to expect that anything in the game will have that ā€œplayer who paysā€ advantage, and hey, if the Valor pass is like $3 for 350 gems and a EHT and extra rewards, thatā€™s DEFINITELY worth it to a c2p like me. If itā€™s $5ā€¦ eeeeehhhh might not do it every time (like when challenge events where I definitely want to do a lot of pulls or seasonal event calendars are occurring). I like that you can buy the valor pass at anytime to get the premium rewards. That adds a nice touch. I may not want to drop $$ at the beginning, but I might find a few bucks in change in the parking lot throughout a month and then be able to justify spending.

It might be too early to say, but good job SGG! This is a new feature that I think actually answers some of the Ideas & Feature Requests that I have voted for!

PS candy crush does stuff like this, and the little pop-ups telling you where you are in standings, or tiers of missions after each level is SUPER annoying, so please, no pop-ups, and I will be IN LOVE with this feature!

9 Likes

Kinda until you look at threads about the required quest level for trials and things of that nature. I could show more examples but would have to dig through my list of flagged posts and no time at the moment

The tourney loot complaints was pure greed honestly. They had a chance to win good loot like anyone else but they didnt like it that they couldnt do it consistently which can be done in challenge events. It was sugar coated with the way you worded it though. And the rest of us pay for those complaints every single week when we get underwhelming tourney loot regardless of % placement. It was a p2w tactic to nerf loot for an entire playerbase in order to keep them ahead and the rest behind. Nothing more or less than that.

9 Likes

I think itā€™s both.

Basically there are always some people who think something is unfair for whatever reason. :man_shrugging:

When most players seem to share the same opinion about whatā€™s unfair, itā€™s good for SG to listen to that and adjust accordingly. The gem fee for entry into the Raid Tournaments (not the loot adjustments) was probably a good example of something that had fairly unified negative feedback as being problematic for game balance across the player base, which led to it being changed.

But for most things, there will always be people with differing or opposite opinions, and Forum debates to go along with that.

15 Likes

DING DING DING DING we have a winner

This also kind of reminds me of an old sports talk radio trope. Radio show hosts always seem to want to project the opinions of vocal minorities onto the entire audience. So one day a guy will call in complaining about the coaching after a loss. Then the next week a different guy will call in praising the coaching after a win. Then the host will say the whole fanbase is fairweather, when the first guy probably still wants the coach fired, and the second guy probably never did!

5 Likes

Sounds quite crazy. Competing in those has already been quite item-heavy. Canā€™t imagine it soaking even more items.

On a side note. I hope there wonā€™t be Daily/Valor challenges needing 4* mats (e.g. upgrade fire 5* hero to the final tier).

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure yet, I havenā€™t gone through all of the Valor Challenges yet to see what the higher Tiers are.

I did the Summoning ones, since those were easy, and started on the one where you have to Raid with Barbarians, but I havenā€™t done the Ascension one, and canā€™t do the War/Challenge Event ones at the moment since those arenā€™t running.

1 Like