đŸ§Ș Early Information on the new Challenge Event Heroes (Pirates of Corellia, Fables of Grimforest, Guardians of Teltoc, Knights of Avalon, and Wonderland) [Part of The Beta Beat v23]

SG confirmed in the AMA that they have two completely separate teams working on the games.

6 Likes

Rumor says Pirates will have a 3* hero named Vodnik.

But.

This is the least reliable rumor I have heard yet. Waiting for more details before I get too excited.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I already have a thread drafted.

But in the meantime, the thread with the release notes that rumor is from clearly wasn’t intended to be public yet, as it’s unlisted and closed.

3 Likes

Closed makes sense if the compile failed.

Unlisted is weird. Staff has topic deletion privileges.

They pretty much never use the deletion option, unlisting is used when threads are intended to not be public.

4 Likes

Beta Update

A new version of Beta has been released, with rebalancing updates to Lady of the Lake, Bauchan, Finley, Marie-ThérÚse (Formerly Marguerite), and the addition of Vodnik, a new 3* in the Pirate Family.

I’ve updated the top post of this thread accordingly.

I’ve also updated the Avalon thread, and created a new Pirates thread:

5 Likes

Again, hopefully they some other animals for the new guardians, because this is the most fearsome gazelle I know.
peppagaz
Champion of the Ski.

I think some more suitable animals could be: Jaguar, Crocodile, Serpent, Lioness, Mantis, Leopard, Tiger, Bear, Wolf, just to name a few.

3 Likes

Beta Update

Bauchan, Black Knight, and Marie-ThérÚse have been updated in Beta. I have updated the top post of this thread accordingly.

1 Like

Wow, I’m really speechless about these changes. Hopefully old heroes as Azlar would start dealing 380% AoE damage to catch up.

6 Likes

I think it got really OP now

Not really. She is slow in the first place. And if I had to face her in the future, I’ll have at least 2 debuffers in my attack team. Just in case. Her ability is dispellable. I think she is a very good hero, but not OP.

1 Like

Well frankly between Marie and Finlay I think they’re overcompensating for how little the community is thrilled by the other three 5* Pirates. Given the major stat boost all of these have over existing heroes having a sizeable AoE, good heal, reviving effect and defence buff on one hero is just missing minions that toss kitchen sinks at you though I’m sure that can be added

In all seriousness personally I think Marie’s AoE should be replaced by the Zombie Curse (enemies causing damage to their allies when they die) part of her initial special as that was more interesting/unique than tossing in an AoE and probably lose the defence buff.

And rather than compensate for the lower desirability of the existing 5* pirates how about giving them each a buff? Doesn’t have to be major tweaks but perhaps a single addition to each skill. Locke’s DoT could be made undispellable unless she dies, Kestral could perhaps get an attack or critical buff for all heroes and increase Sargasso’s heal block to -125% so that essentially a heal does damage instead equivalent to 25% of what the heal would have been.

5 Likes

Beta Update

Finley and Marie-ThĂ©rĂšse have received rebalancing updates, reducing their effects. I’ve updated the top post of this thread accordingly.

4 Likes

The new build isn’t nearly as OP with her special’s damage dropping to 168%.

On defense: It’s still speed slow and only works on living allies, and can be dispelled by several fast dispellers. This makes her natural position a tank (since you’d want to max out number of living allies to hit with zombie blessing), but she doesn’t have the stats for a tank, so she gets relegated to flank. I say that because your whole team is either dead or winning most of the time if a slow wing fires–I’d rather have Alby or MN in that position than someone who needs living allies. With her on the flank, it still gives plenty of time to charge dispellers, or work the other side of your board.

On offense: You’re still working with a slow special. If I can charge my slow heroes on a 3-2 and have enough of them alive for zombie curse to work on–I’m winning that fight (even more so for the people who use mono stacks). Second, and this is the part I’m not seeing discussed in this thread, she’s going to reduce all of your heroes who zombie to 500 attack. That means the passive attacks from my dead heroes who would have been locked into adding their 800 base attack to my tile damage are now only contributing 500. That’s going to heavily reduce your tile damage. Maybe you’ll just be ghosting tiles by the time her special pops, but I doubt this poison bite skill is anything to write home about.

Maybe this is a crazy argument, but your zombied heroes in raids could actually diminish your damage output for the fight.

(That said, I do agree
 can we make some of the old AOE heroes abilities a little less cringey? Looking at you Guardian Kong–you sad, sad ape)

1 Like

Lady lake should add debuff status to enemy same as melendor. Consider her as a slow mana healer tho.

@zephyr1 Hi, i have a question regardin lg Chameleon. If he changes all the cards color, it is changing the elemental defenses colors on attack?

You mean the elemental defenses buffs? Like Kasshrek’s? Or Domitia? If so, I don’t think so :slight_smile:

Sorry, i mean both :slight_smile: Kasshrek’s elemental defense or Falcon’s elemental defense down.

I see
 But I don’t think Chameleon’s special has something to do with the buffs. Actually, I am worried about something else and I asked this 2 months ago. What happens in a tournament like this? If you have more blues, Chameleon is able to change the defense in red? Even if the red color is not allowed?

No, Guardian Chameleon doesn’t change the Special Skill or other effects at all.

Only the Hero’s color/element is changed, so the only effect is changing what they’re strong/weak against, or what’s strong/weak against them.

I haven’t been able to test this personally, since an appropriate Tournament wasn’t running while Guardian Chameleon was in Beta.

3 Likes