🧪 Early Information on New Pirates of Corellia Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V23]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the new Pirates of Corellia Challenge Event overhaul.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

The new version of Pirates of Corellia will launch in October 2019

See also: September 2019 Challenge Event [Knights of Avalon] & October 2019 Challenge Event [Pirates of Corellia]

New Pirates Family

Click for Mostly Useless Information

New Heroes

NOTE: These heroes are in addition to the existing ones Lady Locke, Sargasso, Captain Kestrel, Boomer, and Peters

Marie-Thérèse (formerly Marguerite) – 5* – :new_moon_with_face: Dark

Finley – 5* – :snowflake: Ice

Vodnik – 3* – :snowflake: Ice

New Summoning Odds

APPEARANCE RATES
Rare Classic Hero: 63.1%
Epic Classic Hero: 20.8%
Legendary Classic Hero: 1.5%

Rare Event Hero: 7.9%
Epic Event Hero: 5.7%
Legendary Event Hero 1.0%

BONUS DRAW
Legendary Hero of the Month: 1.3%

New Challenge Coins

Challenge Coins can be received from Challenge Event Rewards, as well as from new “rare enemies” called a Suspicious Chest that appears at random in Challenge Event Stages.

10 Challenge Coins can be used for a free Summon from the Challenge Event Portal.

Challenge Coins appear to be copper colored (more orange than EHT and ETT), and are pentagon shaped. They have each of the 5 Challenge Event Family symbols on them, so they appear to be intended for use across Challenge Events, not specific to one Event.

The premise of Suspicious Chests appears to be similar to the concept of Orichalcum Seadragons appearing at random during Atlantis Rises and dropping Atlantis Coins, which can then be used for Summons. One difference is that in initial testing, it appears that Suspicious Chests only drop a single Challenge Coin — but you only need 10 of them for a Summon, not 100.

In-Game Tooltip Text for Challenge Coins

Used for a free summon at the Event Summon. You need 10 coins for one summon.

This item can be received as loot from a Rare Challenge Event enemy.

More Details on the Suspicious Chests

They appear at random in a mob/monster slot. So far I’ve only personally seen a couple, so this information may need to be updated, but there were 3 useful things to note:

1. The Suspicious Chests appear to be of the element/color that has the Elemental Barrier that reflects all direct damage and status effects from the same element. Based on a Known Issue (bug) mentioned in the Beta Release Notes, I believe all Suspicious Chests will be of the element that has an Elemental Barrier for each Challenge Event, but I’ll keep an eye out for any in other elements to disprove that.

2. The Suspicious Chest is “Invulnerable” and “Shielded,” which means that it’s “Vulnerable to damage only during the turn before it attacks.” This is an intrinsic attribute, not a Status Effect, so it can’t be dispelled, and shouldn’t be removable, even by Guardian Chameleon. The chest shows the word “INVULNERABLE” below it at all times, and the pop-up information when you tap and hold on it shows “Shielded,” along with the explanation above.

3. Defeating the Suspicious Chest adds 5000 bonus points to the Stage Score in Rare. I’m told by other Beta testers that the 5000 bonus points are currently the same in Epic and Legendary, but I haven’t yet personally confirmed this myself, and it’s possible that might change.

New Stages, Bosses, and WE Costs

There are now 15 Stages for each tier of the Challenge Event (Rare, Epic, and Legendary), and they have new Bosses and WE costs, many of which are effectively reduced vs. the current Challenge Events.

I haven’t yet had a chance to run through every Stage to note the Bosses for each, but will aim to do so before Beta ends.

In the meantime, I’ve noted all of the WE costs below.

And yes — there really are Stages costing 1 WE in Rare and 2 WE in Epic now, which may make for interesting opportunities when filling Monster Chests or farming XP during Challenge Events.

Click for WE Costs for Each Stage (remember, this might change)

Rare Tier

Stage Rare Epic Legendary
1 1 2 3
2 1 2 3
3 1 2 3
4 2 3 4
5 2 3 4
6 2 3 4
7 3 4 5
8 3 4 5
9 3 4 5
10 4 5 6
11 4 5 6
12 4 5 6
13 5 6 7
14 5 6 7
15 5 6 7

(Possibly) New Event Duration and Schedule

It’s difficult to say if this is just for Beta, but the Event Timers in Beta for Avalon and Pirates have indicated each event is set to run for around 5 days.

That would be an increase from the current Challenge Events, which run from Thursday through Sunday currently.

An increased duration would be logical, given the increased number of Stages and overall WE required, so it seems plausible that this change is intended for the live game, and not just Beta. I have no insights, however, into how a longer duration would be scheduled, and how the timing might relate to Class Trials, War, and Raid Tournaments.

New Rewards

The Rewards have been fairly radically improved.

The brackets are still broken up by number like the current Challenge Events, not percentage like Raid Tournaments, but the brackets are vastly larger, and the loot for lower brackets is substantially improved.

There are also more Emblems in the Completion Reward for each Tier.

NOTE: It’s highly likely I may type something wrong, so if you see something that doesn’t make sense, please let me know so I can check that it’s right!

Click for Rare Tier Rewards (remember, this may very likely change)
Heroes Avatars Flasks Tokens Coins Ascension Mats Battle Items Crafting Ingredients
Rank 1 Peters Vodnik 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily 10x Challenge 1x Farsight Telescope, 1x Poison Darts, 1x Royal Tabard, 1x Warm Cape, 1x Fine Gloves, 1x Compass, 1x Hidden Blade, 1x Sturdy Shield, 10x Arcane Scripts, 10x Adventurer’s Kit 10x Super Healing Potion, 10x Super Antidotes, 10x Bear Banner, 10x Minor Healing 10x Dragon Bone, 10x Fine Steel, 10x Sunspire Feathers, 10x Clean Cloth
Ranks 2-10 - - 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily 5x Challenge 1x Poison Darts, 1x Royal Tabard, 1x Sturdy Shield, 1x Warm Cape, 1x Hidden Blade, 10x Arcane Scripts, 10x Adventurer’s Kit 10x Super Healing Potion, 10x Super Antidotes, 10x Bear Banner, 10x Minor Healing 10x Dragon Bone, 10x Fine Steel, 10x Sunspire Feathers, 10x Clean Cloth
Ranks 11-1000 - - 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily 2x Challenge 1x Poison Darts, 1x Sturdy Shield, 10x Arcane Scripts, 10x Adventurer’s Kit 10x Super Healing Potion, 10x Super Antidotes, 10x Bear Banner, 10x Minor Healing 10x Dragon Bone, 10x Fine Steel, 10x Sunspire Feathers, 10x Clean Cloth
Ranks 1001-10000 - - 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily - 10x Arcane Scripts, 10x Adventurer’s Kit 10x Super Antidotes, 10x Bear Banner, 10x Minor Healing 10x Fine Steel, 10x Sunspire Feathers, 10x Clean Cloth
Ranks 10001-100000 - - 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x ETT, 1x Daily - 10x Arcane Scripts, 10x Adventurer’s Kit 10x Bear Banner, 10x Minor Healing 10x Sunspire Feathers, 10x Clean Cloth
Ranks 100001-500000 - - 1x WE 1x Daily - 10x Adventurer’s Kit 10x Minor Healing 10x Clean Cloth
Ranks 500001 or Lower - - - 1x Daily - - - -

Rare Tier Completion Reward

• 1x WE Flask
  • 3x Challenge Coin
  • 10x Druid Emblem
  • 10x Barbarian Emblem
  • Hidden Blade
  • 1x Revive Scroll
Click for Epic Tier Rewards (remember, this may very likely change)
Heroes Avatars Flasks Tokens Coins Ascension Mats Battle Items Crafting Ingredients
Rank 1 Finley Boomer, Peters 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily 20x Challenge 1x Farsight Telescope, 1x Mystic Rings, 1x Mysterious Tonic, 1x Damascus Blade, 1x Tome of Tactics, 1x Fine Gloves, 1x Trap Tools, 2x Warm Cape, 1x Compass, 2x Sturdy Shield, 20x Wooden Shield, 20x Practice Sword 20x Tornado, 20x Bomb Attack, 20x Mana Potion, 20x Healing Potion 20x Orichalcum Nugget, 20x Grimoire Dust, 20x Crypt Mushroom, 20x Leather Strips
Ranks 2-10 - Boomer 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily 10x Challenge 1x Farsight Telescope, 1x Mystic Rings, 1x Mysterious Tonic, 1x Trap Tools, 1x Warm Cape, 1x Compass, 2x Sturdy Shield, 20x Wooden Shield, 20x Practice Sword 20x Tornado, 20x Bomb Attack, 20x Mana Potion, 20x Healing Potion 20x Orichalcum Nugget, 20x Grimoire Dust, 20x Crypt Mushroom, 20x Leather Strips
Ranks 11-500 - - 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily 3x Challenge 1x Mysterious Tonic, 1x Compass, 2x Sturdy Shield, 20x Wooden Shield, 20x Practice Sword 20x Tornado, 20x Bomb Attack, 20x Mana Potion, 20x Healing Potion 20x Orichalcum Nugget, 20x Grimoire Dust, 20x Crypt Mushroom, 20x Leather Strips
Ranks 501-5000 - - 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily - 1x Sturdy Shield, 20x Wooden Shield, 20x Practice Sword 20x Bomb Attack, 20x Mana Potion, 20x Healing Potion 20x Grimoire Dust, 20x Crypt Mushroom, 20x Leather Strips
Ranks 5001-50000 - - 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x ETT, 1x Daily - 20x Wooden Shield, 20x Practice Sword 20x Mana Potion, 20x Healing Potion 20x Crypt Mushroom, 20x Leather Strips
Ranks 50001-250000 - - 2x WE 1x Daily - 20x Practice Sword 20x Healing Potion 20x Leather Strips
Ranks 250001 or Lower - - - 1x Daily - - -

Epic Tier Completion Rewards

• 2x WE Flask
  • 5x Challenge Coin
  • 20x Rogue Emblem
  • 20x Wizard Emblem
  • 1x Sturdy Shield
  • 1x Fine Gloves
  • 1x Revive Scroll
Click for Legendary Tier Rewards (remember, this may very likely change)
Rank 1 Marie-Thérèse Captain Kestrel, Lady Locke, Sargasso 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily 30x Challenge 2x Damascus Blade, 1x Poison Darts, 1x Tome of Tactics, 2x Royal Tabard, 1x Farsight Telescope, 3x Trap Tools, 1x Compass, 2x Fine Gloves, 1x Hidden Blade, 30x Strong Rope, 30x Rugged Clothes 30x Time Stop, 30x Dragon Banner, 30x Potent Healing Potion, 30x Arrow Attack 30x Meteor Fragment, 30x Hardwood Lumber, 30x Crystal Shard, 30x Oil
Ranks 2-10 - Lady Locke, Sargasso 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily 15x Challenge 1x Damascus Blade, 1x Poison Darts, 1x Royal Tabard, 1x Farsight Telescope, 3x Trap Tools, 1x Compass, 2x Fine Gloves, 1x Hidden Blade, 30x Strong Rope, 30x Rugged Clothes 30x Time Stop, 30x Dragon Banner, 30x Potent Healing Potion, 30x Arrow Attack 30x Meteor Fragment, 30x Hardwood Lumber, 30x Crystal Shard, 30x Oil
Ranks 11-100 - Sargasso 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily 5x Challenge 1x Poison Darts, 1x Farsight Telescope, 3x Trap Tools, 1x Compass, 2x Fine Gloves, 1x Hidden Blade, 30x Strong Rope, 30x Rugged Clothes 30x Time Stop, 30x Dragon Banner, 30x Potent Healing Potion, 30x Arrow Attack 30x Meteor Fragment, 30x Hardwood Lumber, 30x Crystal Shard, 30x Oil
Ranks 101-1000 - - 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily - 2x Trap Tools, 1x Fine Gloves, 1x Hidden Blade, 30x Strong Rope, 30x Rugged Clothes 30x Dragon Banner, 30x Potent Healing Potion, 30x Arrow Attack 30x Hardwood Lumber, 30x Crystal Shard, 30x Oil
Ranks 1001-10000 - - 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x ETT, 1x Daily - 1x Trap Tools, 30x Strong Rope, 30x Rugged Clothes 30x Potent Healing Potion, 30x Arrow Attack 30x Crystal Shard, 30x Oil
Ranks 10001-100000 - - 3x WE 1x Daily - 30x Rugged Clothes 30x Arrow Attack 30x Oil
Ranks 1000001 or Lower - - - 1x Daily - - -

Legendary Tier Completion Rewards

• 3x WE Flask
  • 7x Challenge Coin
  • 50x Monk Emblem
  • 50x Paladin Emblem
  • 1x Trap Tools
  • 1x Fine Gloves
  • 1x Compass
  • 1x Revive Scroll

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see :test_tube: The Beta Beat (v23) – Sharing the Big Picture on What’s Going on in Beta: Stronghold 22/23 & Alchemy Lab, New Challenge Event Heroes, New Knights of Avalon Event, Costumes

20 Likes

Thanks as always. Marie was previously super interesting as a hero that gave a buff and also debuffed enemies, making it difficult to cleanse and dispel, now she’s a bit less so as everything she does can be dispelled away pretty easily before killing off a hero. Still interested in her, but less so now. Any info on what poison bite does? Assuming it’s a dot? Also yay for another solid 3 star.

5 Likes

Looks like Poison Bite is:

• Deals 240% damage to the target.
  • The target receives [amount] Poison damage over 6 turns.

I have to test a bit more to figure out the amount, but it looks like it’ll be very small. It’s 84 in my first test.

UPDATE: It looks like it’s around 14.5-15% of Attack for the DoT amount. It was 78 with 520 Attack, and 84 with 580 Attack.

8 Likes

So, there is still a chance that next event could be Pirates?

1 Like

Yes, that’s a possibility, as I mentioned in the top post.

7 Likes

Thanks, I was reading it right now. First i scrolled too much.

Be this one or another I hope there are gloves in the completion reward. I neeeeeeed them so much right now.

5 Likes

It sounds to me that continued with Knights of Avalon was tested faster in beta as I understand.

3 Likes

Neat! Thanks zephyr :slight_smile:

Marie-Thérèse (neat name haha :slight_smile: )
She’s a pure support hero now which is fine, I think her skill was fairly complex with lots going on. HoT is still in line with Alberich’s and the defense boost is the same as Victor’s, that should make her slow skill fairly desirable.

I’m not sold on the Zombie resurrection though. On the one hand she’s the first non-green hero to resurrect allies, but Muggy’s Chameleon mode looks better lol. 500 atk and 500 defense is very little, Poison bite sounds like the skill those Giant Snake bosses have too so… meh on that department :stuck_out_tongue:

Finley
He’s still fairly strong as he currently stands with that skill. He basically has Isarnia’s skill against defense teams (and seriously, who doesn’t use buffs on D-teams?), the reduced damage per each consecutive hit is a good nerf but I think the defense drop is still pretty high. He’s looking like a wrecking ball for offense.

Vodnik (yay another 3*!)
Wow, again with this power creep. Those stats are big!

Luckily his skill isn’t quite as absurd as Bauchan’s, it’s still fairly strong but I’d say balanced. The mana condition makes it unreliable for defense, at min damage he hits for less than Gato and hit harder at max damage.

Being blue he will be a decent addition at challenge event runs, although Gato may still be more desirable for consistency and better tile damage. Being the same speed as Valen makes him an ideal partner in crime.

Also updated my comments here: 🧪 Early Information on the new Challenge Event Heroes (Pirates of Corellia, Fables of Grimforest, Guardians of Teltoc, Knights of Avalon, and Wonderland) [Part of The Beta Beat v23] - #15 by DaveCozy

8 Likes

I guess Marie-Thérèse is good for tournaments with all these buffs but for what else?
Isn’t she worse than other slow healers with her buffs being dispellable?

Here’s how Marie-Thérèse looks like, sorry for posting image from beta

12 Likes

A good reminder that Marie-Thérèse and Finley are actually some of the only heroes from Beta that SG has shared artwork for:

12 Likes

@zephyr1 would you please check the info about the rewards of rank 11-1000 on rare tier? No info about tokens and coins

4 Likes

Fixed, thanks! :heart_decoration:

5 Likes

So I’m assuming the zombie blessing from M-T could be dispelled?

It appears to be dispellable, yes.

4 Likes

The Zombie Blessing from MT just got less interesting. The blessed could return with 30% HP and their defense and attack stats intact, as well as their special. Since they took the Zombie Curse. Or at least come back with the Zombie Curse and the Blessing remains as it is.

Finley looks a lot more balanced. It should please most gamers now, although it found its OP version interesting. It looks a bit like Missandra.

I look forward to playing the new events. I hope they start in September.

2 Likes

I’m definitely looking forward to the new events. I want to have every 4* and below maxed. I have every 1* and 2*. Every 3* maxed except for Rudolph, who I don’t have. I need to max a lot of 4s still, but I have every one of them besides Valeria. I am most interested in the new 3s and the new event rewards. I keep feeling like it might be worth it to try to get top 1000/500/100. Lots of stuff I need.

5 Likes

@zephyr1 has there been any beta feedback to developers on why all the new heroes are 3* and 5*? Why not some 4* heroes that are more attainable than 5*?

3 Likes

Thanks @zephyr1 as always!! :slight_smile:
How ist the damage output of Finley now after the nerf? Since the text reads a decrease of damage after every hit, is it halved again and again or is it rather decreased by a fixed amount?

2 Likes