šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the May 2020 HOTM (Clarissa)

My most effective teams against telly have green, so yes, Iā€™m bringing green against gravemaker. Three times in war. AND, he is usually who I pick to set off, as I still have a chance, as opposed to tellys other support heros and herself.

1 Like

This is just an easier way than removing the 20% damage buff that is given to defense which will be way harder to do in a balance pass than just nerfing DoT.

1 Like

Again, itā€™s not like you would normally stack green against a Gravemaker tank would you? Youā€™re only stacking green to counter Telluria. Likewise, when going against a Gravemaker tank, Iā€™m normally stacking blue.

Given that Vela usually flanks Telluria, stacking red probably isnā€™t the best idea, but it works. But this is getting a bit off-topic and more for the Telluria threads.

I get it, Iā€™m just hoping thereā€™s a better way to go about it then a giant nerf hammer, as that will effect these heroes on offense as well and I donā€™t think thatā€™s a need when some dot heroes are fairly underpowered on offense. Guess we will see.

2 Likes

Iā€™d expect to see base stat changes to compensate for offensive tile damage, and to slightly increase DoT but not up to the 20% we see today.

1 Like

The reduction in DoT is a bit of a downer but she was head and shoulders above GM with the same DoT level, this adjustment tones it down. The defense against special skills gains a turn which is nice (nicer for defense than offense I believe).

Could someone confirm if the 25% extra damage still the same after this rebalance of the DoT damage?
Increased Damage - How Much?

I still hope to summon her, if the new costumes and new 3* and 4* S3 heroes are launched next month there is a good chance that she joins. IF Clarissa joins I may never max Telluria and simply keep tanking with Ursena and pop Clarissa in there too (extra defense against special skills at very fast, makes a decent wing. Force the war yellow stack by flanking Ursena, not good at the top level but we arenā€™t there so it could be effective.).

1 Like

Really? Iā€™ll admit that when he was released, Gravemaker was overpowered compared to the existing heroes.

Since then weā€™ve had a lot of hotm released, season 2, season 3, new event heroes, and new seasonal heroes.

Power creep is real. Grave is still good, but nowhere near overpowered compared to other heroes released.

Clarissa was overpowered hitting 5 targets like Grave. She was a good, desirable hotm as a near clone of him.

This DOT reduction makes me wonder if she is worth chasing / worth tonics.

8 Likes

she is definitely NOT worth Tonics

11 Likes

Tabards though :smirk:

2 Likes

Agree that GM became less lethal after emblems were released. The burn crept up while HP went up more quickly meaning the burn was a smaller and smaller percentage of the average heroā€™s total HP.

This is my experience.

I would have preferred they kept Clarissa as she was but still think this version would be a good addition.

2 Likes

This change came out of left field. Honestly thought she was done :confused:

Makes me also wonder about that balance change that is rumoredā€¦

10 Likes

Theyā€™re probably just trying to keep her from having OP Synergy with NORNS :man_shrugging: :laughing:

1 Like

Iā€™d like to think of it this way, if she came out as pre-nerf we would see a rise in Guin tanks and synergies we see now as with Telly. It further throws us down the rabbit hole that good tanks have with punishing DoT flanks.

Because of their speed, and damage, it reduces the players ability to react in 1-2 turns. Curbing the damage will let them design heroes in the future without having to revolve around what we see now.

Wow, Iā€™ve been saving my gems for months for the Gravemaker cloneā€¦now sheā€™s 25% weaker on DOT? Hopefully sheā€™ll be bumped back up to Gravemakers level on release. Their stats are basically the same, why nerf her? The class maybe? If so, CHANGE HER CLASS! We need more sorcerers or whatever else. We just got a new HOTM Paladin anyways in Telluria. The change is really confusing. Are they basically telling us that they released Gravemaker way too overpowered TWO YEARS AGO and theyā€™re afraid to release a purple version of him now?

7 Likes

Tbh changing the class is the last thing to do.
Telly or Clarissa, you got to pick one - which is only fair imo. You cannot have it both ways, ppl who wouldnt have both heroes, can fully use one, ppl who got lucky and will have both, gonna use Telly and will still have solid second hero. Telly already made enough mess in this game.
Lets hope it will end up like it was before last nerf, coz it seriously makes no sense at all.

2 Likes

Unlesz she was changed to barbarian to compete with gm.

1 Like

From where is that suddenly coming from?

2 Likes

There you are, exactly as I predicted. Tweak on DOT, and the howls commence.

From the comparative figures above, Clarissa is only weaker than GM if straight out damage is to be the sole criterion. On that measure Telluria is significantly weaker than Lianna. Poor dear could really use a buff.

What else does grave/Clarissa do? Damage is their game. The poison resistance is not that goodā€¦dark resistance against dark skill.

Gm is a much better hero to pair with telluria and vela than clarissa from class to element. And thatā€™s arguably the the most relevant meta currently. Thats even if clarissa had the same dot as gm.

Soā€¦ Even before nerf, gm>clarissaā€¦

Siting the completely irrelevant stat advantages clarissa has is completely disingenuous. Its like saying atomos is better than liaana because the only stat lianna wins is dmg on a single target.