đŸ§Ș Early Information on the May 2020 HOTM (Clarissa)

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the May 2020 HOTM, Clarissa.

Click for Mostly Useless Information from Beta

Don’t get too attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

Clarissa Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 733
Defense: 712
HP: 1367

Class: Paladin
Resist: Poison – This Hero has innate resistance against Poison.
Element: Dark/Purple

Mana Speed: Very Fast

Special Skill: Poison Plague Miasma Mace

• Deals 135% damage to all the target and nearby enemies.
  • All The target and nearby enemies receive 298 224 Poison damage over 2 turns.
  • Deals extra damage against Holy.
  • Element Link gives all Dark allies +64% +30% defense against Special Skills for 3 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

Or: How many summons are needed to get a HOTM?

Special thanks to @Garanwyn for assistance on summoning odds and proofreading for this section.

It’s important to remember that HOTM have very low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a HOTM.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 12.3% chance of summoning the HOTM.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 73 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 100
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 229
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get a HOTM by pull 352

Putting that in Perspective

• 27 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 100th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 100 times, 270,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get the HOTM by the 229th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 229 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get the HOTM

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

20 Likes

I see that she does

Is her element wrong? Should she be a dark hero? Or is she a holy hero that helps dark allies and hurts holy enemy heroes? That would be an interesting dynamic

5 Likes

You’re quick, I was still editing, that was already updated. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

haha nice! just happened to be on at the right time and reading through it.

2 Likes

Seems even more powerful than GM, the element should be dark btw, I hope not but probably will see a nerf incoming before release.

1 Like

A purple gravemaker that hits all instead of ‘only’ three with a brutally strong elemental link.

Will/Must be nerfed. With her current abilities at very fast mana, Clarissa is completely OP.

12 Likes

I don’t understand. After all the discussion about pre-release JF, now this. Let’s wait for the next chapters.

13 Likes

Finally GM purple version
 please do not nerf
 at least new member have a chance to get this GM type hero
 :+1: :muscle:
Great synergy with Costume Tiburtus, Ursena
 so great :+1: :+1: :+1: :open_mouth:

9 Likes

Zero percent chance that special makes it out of beta. Awesome, but completely OP. Even more than the initial version of JF.

10 Likes

Let me sum up how the next few weeks will go to save everyone time. People will see this massively OP hero, yell from the top of the mountains about how OP it is, the next round of beta will clearly involve a nerf, then the Neith clamoring will come out. 1,000 comments and many hours saved for everyone. You’re welcome :slight_smile:

47 Likes

For very fast mana her specials ways too crazy. She should be fast and 298 poison over 3 turns instead of 2

1 Like

Don’t rob me of my 1000 comments and work hours killed

9 Likes

OP. I would rework the Hero. Hit 3 like GM or hit One and other random Hero.

1 Like

Is this a joke? Are all JF owners being trolled?

22 Likes

wait is this female purple gravemaker? O_O and with gravemaker coming in may

2 Likes

Definitely will be nerfed. Get ready for the nerf advocates party. They have been very successful so far.

8 Likes

Try two Gravemakers because GM I know hits only 3 not all

also the new elemental links seem to be a bit OP? I mean previous elemental links were way lower than their normal skill counter parts; like evelyn’s heal is only 4% or something, compared to normal HoT heals;

But the new elemental link is as good as the special skills that give + special skill def?

6 Likes

I felt the same when I read her skill

2 Likes