šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the January 2020 HOTM (Vela)

Because fire stack can kill Zeline fast. I am only talking about Zeline next to BK. Because she is the greatest hero next to him. Without Zeline, then you can use a purple stack with Seshat(ideally 2).

Vela needs a little bit of love, but not much, imo. Iā€™d think that dropping the dot to 3 turns (and possibly adding like 30 damage) would be enough.

4 Likes

My two suggestions for Vela in Beta were:

1. Reduce the number of turns for the DoT to 3 turns so 208 over 3 turns.

And

1. Change ā€œWater Damageā€ to ā€œFrostbiteā€ (Water Damage just sounds ridiculous)

So on the point that matters I largely agree.

5 Likes

:joy: If sheā€™s splashing water at me the only way Iā€™ll be damaged is if Iā€™m a robot with live wires

1 Like

Iā€™ve been a pretty avid kayaker and I get most of my best creative ideas from long soaks in the bath - long enough that I had to look up whether water damage was even plausible when I posted about changing itā€¦

Long story short I can stay in the bath or bobbing around in the sea/river for 2 days continuously before I can expect some skin degradation - just for it to start, need longer for it to do serious damage. Either way I donā€™t see the plausibility of a 2 day soak on a fantasy battlefield as per the genre to really workā€¦

1 Like

Having said that Charmander gets damaged by the super effective bubble beam or water gun soā€¦

Water dmg could be a tsunami though I suppose

I like ā€œfrostbiteā€ best. Blue is ice after all.

1 Like

Perhaps it drown the enemies thereby suffocating them? Just like Atlantis underwater stage.

I thought she was ok, but with these changes would be more interesting.

Whirlpool is the pokemon version, it trap opponents and last for few turns.

1 Like

Heroes are cards though, arenā€™t they? Water does a lot of damage to card.

2 Likes

Neahā€¦ E&P cards are laminated :rofl:

make her DOT over 2 turn and she will be a great hero like grave otherwise she ll be just ok but definitely not a hero i want

1 Like

No they arenā€™t. Theyā€™re electronic.

3 Likes

Water canons do damage considerably quicker

Giving ā€œfrostbiteā€ to Vela would really ā– ā– ā– ā–  Isarnia off :laughing:

2 Likes

The good side of her DoT is it stack with other type of DoT: burn, poison, and sand (is it the correct name?).

2 Likes

I can agree that, although not among the worst heroes out there, she seems pretty much lackluster compared to vast amount of other blues. Changing her DoT from 4 to 3 or 2 turns would definatelly do a lot for her. Then again - do we really need every new hero to be above the average? Personally, I will not give her scopes in her current state, if I by chance happen to pull her.

I think your underestimating this hero. The 10 crit is going to do wonders on titans. Especially if your running Frida/Aurthur and Miki. The fact sheā€™s Druid class is a real plus as well. Take a look at what a 14 tiered emblemed Vila would have for attack power stats.

1 Like

It seems DoT raised significantly with attack emblems, isnā€™t it?

1 Like