đŸ§Ș Early Information on the January 2020 HOTM (Vela)

Yeah it won’t affect Gravemaker’s DoT.

But Vela is hitting red enemies for extra damage (i.e. x1.4 multiplier). And that’s going to hurt if they’re a red hero no matter what. For reference, she’s hitting red enemies slightly harder than Zeline hits blue enemies with her skill.

2 Likes

You made me do these calculations, so if I did it wrong, it’s on you :wink:

Vela: 743 attack x 1.4 extra damage modifier = 1,040 attack
GM: 708 defense x 1.2 defense team buff = 849

Vela’s damage to GM:

100 x (1.5 x 1,040 / 849)^1.35 = 227 (offense to defense),
100 x (1,5 x 1,2 x 1,040 / 708)^1.35 = 371 (defense to offense)

2 Likes

Lool :laughing: guilty

But yeah those values are correct before considering troops, buffs, ailments, etc.

2 Likes

Frida’s elemental debuff on a red hero could be interesting, but those elemental defense debuffs work weirdly, so I won’t even try to calculate it.

If I’m not mistaken, DoT doesn’t bypass minions. They eat it up as any other kind of damage.

3 Likes

2nd time i’m asking
 does she add defense debuff with arthur or frida? Or does she overwrite?

Sorry, I’m not sure what you’re asking.

Vela doesn’t add a defense debuff at all, so I’m not sure what you’re asking about overwriting.

Can you explain a little more?

Figure out the damage first, then do the 1.4 multiplier. It’s extra damage, not extra attack. The damage calculation is the later step.

I mean the -45 attack for all enemies. I read that wrongly as the same buff isarnia and frida/Arthur are giving but I’m wrong in this. Sowwy.

Still curious what happens when going with those 2 for a titan. Specially red one

1 Like

It ends up being the same thing if done in that order. You can multiply by 1.5 first, then divide the damage done to GM, or you can even divide first. Same thing ends up happening, because BEDMAS (Division & Multiplication can be done in either order, so long as all brackets and exponents have been done first)

1 Like

Those 2 being Frida and Arthur? Or one of them and Vela?

Frida and Arthur overwrite, since they both drop elemental defense.

Frida doesn’t drop attack, but Arthur does. So Frida and Vela can work together, since it’s a totally different status ailment.

I believe Vela and Arthur would overwrite for the attack debuff, but I’ll test that the next time Beta reopens, which should be soon.

1 Like

Beta Update

Vela has reentered Beta testing, with no changes since she was last in Beta.

4 Likes

I think @LucasDaoc was pointing out that extra damage modifier shouldn’t be inside the exponent, but rather outside of it. I will run some tests with GM/Mokr and post results. But I’m not sure if it shows anything useful thanks to variance in damage output.

For instance GM’s increased damage against nature isn’t whole 140% when it comes to DoT, if I remember it correctly from my previous tests, then it was more close to 120%.

1 Like

They do. Vela’s attack ailment to red heroes, is the same as the general attack ailment found in existing heroes already (Zeline, Scarlett, etc).

This icon, for reference: AtkDown

Also means that Boldtusk, Kiril, Ares, etc. will overwrite it with their skills too

1 Like

Damn, I’m really hoping at least the DoT gets increased. 204 is really small honestly even for a fast hero

2 Likes

Moderator’s Note

I’m posting this here for players who’d like to plan their Summoning timing in order to try to get (or try to avoid) Vela:

23 Likes

Wish I could rec this more than once, @zephyr1. I was hoping to do my Christmas summons in January, so this is great news! Thanks for bulldogging this to get us an answer. You’re the best.

4 Likes

Now she will play nice with Finley, pop up Ariel, Finley and her in a group, pop a buff on the opposing team and watch the melt, add Snow White into the mix and you got yourself a 1-2 KO.

I love you, Zephyr! 20 characters of love!

3 Likes

It sounds really good thanks for the news @zephyr1

1 Like