đŸ§Ș Early Information on the February 2020 HOTM (Jean-François)

If the dot stays as high as it is (which already makes other dot heroes look silly) he should have his defense reversal changed at the very least
 the fact that it applies to all defense down, including elemental, while also having a defense up against his weak elemental, makes him a bit too much in my opinion. I get that folks want a very strong hero so they can potentially do a bit better but the heroes should at least have some idea of balance with other hero types they are competing vs.

@Mr_Style_Points

Have you done the calculations for grave? While taking into account Graves extra dmg vs green, red attack/defense link and Very fast speed?

Jean damage is completely negated by a wide majority of hero’s int he game and it helps shift the Meta from what it has been for literally 2 years. options and change are good and welcomed. Also be mindful you have a much higher opportunity to mitigate his damage completely due tot he fact it takes 4 turn for his damage output vs Graves 2 turns with direct damage initially.

The Gravemaker Meta has gotten so stale and old. Change is good, options are good, embrace it. I really hope people who are so strongly advocating for an unnecessary nerf to this hero understand the game needs to continue to evolve to keep it fresh and retain the player base.

Also think about new players. Imagining coming into this game and getting lucky enough to pull a powerful HOTM to start your roster with. that’s exciting and great for people. They will stick around like a majority of us have. When grave first came out he propelled and extend players longevity and success playing this game.

A hero like this is a smart business decision on SG’s part too. He’s basically gravemaker 2.0 which is great and refreshing.

I also have a strong feeling you have gravemaker and Guin and don’t want to give up your emblems because you no longer have a distinct advantage over a majority of the player base. Don’t advocate to nerf a hero because you don’t want any competition to the advantage you have had with gravemakers unique AOE burn strength.

Jean F to Gravemaker is what Kingston is too Zeline. Same type of function and strength its just 2 heroes can do it now instead of one hero which gave that person a huge advantage over everyone else for so long.

Kingston and Finley weren’t nerf’d, nor should they be and the game is still fine with them. Leave Jean F as is too. the end.

2 Likes

Both of these heroes were nerfed prior to release, based on feedback from testers, I’d say if testers are calling for a nerf here, there’s probably merit to it.

8 Likes

Like already was told, they were nerfed. If you post something on this forum, then post knowingly, not fictional. Everyone knows Kingston special affected all enemies, but you.

3 Likes

when there’s “x” fire damage, it’s just x. It’s a flat number not a multiplier.
Same as Proteus’ tool tip

If it wrote “x%” fire damage, you would be right

Argon was stating how troop bonuses affect the burn damage. Attack bonuses from troops do boost the damage dealt by his burn (and also by Proteus).

Please read this guide for how Damage over Turns works:

2 Likes

He mentions percentile attack increase from emblems which is his estimate calculation. This will increase his base attack stat and is irrelevant to the flat damage number on the special attack’s tooltip (At one level some classes do gain 4% increase it’s still base attack number increase)

2 Likes

oh you’re correct – that comment is on emblems specifically. What then would the correct number be for his total DoT (assuming all relevant attack paths are taken for wizard class) ?

I think the dot is multiplied by troop attack multiplier and thats it :).
Increase from class levels would be good for special attacks with multipliers and tile damage to some extent.

I would pick the defense/hp path for this hotm

Could be misunderstanding here a bit but, attack with emblems does increase dot. If that’s not what we are talking about, feel free to ignore.

1 Like

No they won’t, because the special attack gives you a flat number. Not anything regarding hero’s stats like “150% damage”. The reason troops affect the dot is because the damage output from hero is processed by troop stats, then sent to target(s)

1 Like

Still uncertain if you’re talking to me or not but

2 Likes

did you pick crit bonus on 8th level? just asking

Not my hero, but it’s not based off crit, as my gm does the same with no crit up, attack power effects dot (it’s the reason 3/70 gm wont have as much dot at 8/8 special as a 4/80), I thought this was pretty well known at this point.

1 Like

thanks for pointing out. As far as I see it’s not a simple math though. That Morgan must have 1 attack node selected - the attack increase is +15.
This reflects on dot tooltip as +12 :thinking:

2 Likes

I believe it’s always an overall percent of her attack, in Morgan’s case it’s something like 94%ish percent.

2 Likes

Guys please don’t destroy and this hero like Neith, I dont know if will get it or not but I am sure I will fight against him and i dont have problems with this. Not everyone have Gravemaker or Guin. Please dont make Margaret,Anzogh or Neith.

8 Likes

I too would hate for J.F. to become another Neith myself :stuck_out_tongue:

Not that I dislike Neith but her damage is truly underwhelming – 220% was too much before, but at average speed I would’ve been okay with 180% damage to all (which would put her around the same as Kadilen’s damage, and she’s fast). 150% is simply just low and underwhelming for her speed.

That’s why I suggested in Beta that his burn damage – if adjusted – should still remain reasonably high so he’s not just reduced to a support hero.

5 Likes

Apparently you can only dislike this hero if you have Guin/GM, they have been used as the staple example of experienced players too much. There are already so many fantastic tanks and attackers to do what those two do and there are already so many counters to those two.

Jean is over the top way to OP at the moment. He doesn’t have to be redesigned or completely nerfed to become useless, but a little moderation in the fixes would be great.

People act like if we share our opinions that we think he needs to be fixed, that we are suddenly demanding that he be very slow and only does 5 points of fire damage to one hero now hahah. C’mon, y’all are better than that. There have already been many fantastic examples throughout this thread on how he can be tweaked and still be a wonderful, strong hero.

5 Likes

I’m usually the guy who asks for no nerf. Or that the nerf occurs less aggressively. But in the specific cases of JF and Telluria, I see that some aspects must be redrawn, so that there is a chance of victory for both the possessors of these heroes and those who will not possess them. As it stands, the balance tilts very sharply for those who will have them. Advantage is one thing, domain is another totally different.

Also in the specific cases of these two heroes, the adjustments must be very careful so that there is no “Neith effect” on them. There are a range of interesting and clever proposals for adjustments over the course of these heroes’ topics. Suggestions that do not “take anything away” from heroes, but open possibilities for their opponents to defend themselves. This is the case of lengthening JF’s DOT turns so that the opponent has a chance to heal or dispel him, just as we do with Azlar.

However, Azlar has immediate damage, which JF does not have and that even his higher speed would not supplant her, so the adjustment would have to be “surgical” or we will have another hero who only takes up squad space.

That’s why I’m against nerf occurring in the defensive part of his special. With greater durability, he will have some chance to make a difference. I respect the different opinions here, all have merit. But those are my two cents.

3 Likes