🧪 Early information on the December 2020 HOTM (Reuben)

1m

Errrrr… I am really finding it difficult understanding what this “class” you are talking about as I havent heard or read it or must have missed it here in the forum or in any other platform. Is it because Reuben only does 3 things (deals damage to 3, reduce DoT damage and Elemental Link) while Evelyn does 4 (deals damage to 3, debuffs elemental defense to 3, dispels 3 and EL) that you classified Reuben 2 classes below Evelyn (I am assuming that since both do damage to 3 and can be negated, and that the DoT reduction of Reuben is inferior Eve’s elemental defense debuff and is considering it as a “class”) since the latter has (1) dispel and (2) has superior secondary skill. This is just like chalking to the notion that if the hero’s skillset does more compared to another hero, its just a matter of subtracting the number of skills and the difference would be the “class”. If so, then Onatel (deals damage to 3, steals mana and EL) would have been at least a class lower than Rana (deals damage to 3, deals DoT to 3, reduces the healing received by 3, and cleanses herself). I dont know about that.

Well, there may be a lot of heroes that counter minion summoners, but the thing is, not all have the likes of Skadi (very low chance of summoning at the S3 portal), Noor (many threads requesting for her to be buffed because of her slow mana), Grimble, etc. But even with minions that have 5% attack and defense, it still provides meat shield and a little attack at a fast mana hero.

At any rate, I am not saying that Reuben is better than Evelyn. They have different functions and roles in every player’s roster since not all have the same heroes and troops, does not have the same needs, does not have the same resources to summon heroes using gems, etc. If only Telly and Vela were not nerfed, he would have been a nice addition to a player’s red stack against the GTV defense trio. But I do think that we are dismissing Reuben’s better overall stats and skill damage.