šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on the April 2020 HOTM (Malosi)

Will wait till I see him to decide. Started playing this game last Jun/Jul. But from my experience a lot of the hypothetical situations some of you come up with are rarely ever what is encountered. When you press attack and the RNG gives you a board on the wrong end of the color spectrum, even fancy heroes and strategies get their behinds kicked. Hurts even more when you splashed your cash for the pulls to get the fancy heroes. Guys need to receive graciously. Let the devs give us nice things and stop the ā€™ we canā€™t have this, itā€™s too goodā€™ hullabaloo.

5 Likes

I think Malosi is too weak now. I wonā€™t spend money on getting it. Something should be changed.

Veri fast hero who can take every tank out? I donā€™t think so.

Poseidon will fire. Gravemaker will fire. Etc. So not every tank he can take out.

How will it work exactly? Is mana ā€œpausedā€ on 100%? Or will it be fired without effect?

This part. The hero afflicted with Malosiā€™s curse will not be able to buff, debuffs or add any ailments to anyone.

Malosi should not prevent these things:

• Direct Damage
  • Mana reductions
  • Minion summoning
  • Direct Healing
  • Dispels
  • Cleanses
  • Removals

Kunchen, Ariel, Vivica, Mother North will heal. And for example, the Mother North will launch minionsā€¦ Plus snipers will fireā€¦ So Malosi wonā€™t take off a lot of heroes at all.

Healer tanks are the least threatening tanks of all, especially if Malosi blocks their secondary abilities

2 Likes

What do beta-testers think? @DaveCozy how do you guys like Malosi? Worth throwing a few EHTs during bunny time, or save it for clarissa?

1 Like

Personally:
If I get him, I get him. If I donā€™t then I donā€™t
Iā€™m not going to make a special effort to summon him personally.

Rational:
I see his main function as being there for the Buff Neutralising. The sniping damage he does is so small I donā€™t really consider him as a sniperā€¦

Because I donā€™t view him as a damage dealer but primarily as a utility support hero I just feel that heā€™s a little Lackingā€¦ Heā€™s useful (donā€™t get me wrong) but my main issue is that heā€™s single target only.
I personally would have preferred him to be FAST mana speed and Affect 3.

If I did get him I would proably spend darts on him (cause I have soooo many dartsā€¦) but he is unliekly to be working his way into my primary raiding teams nor into my titan teamā€¦ I might specialty modify a raid team but not regularlyā€¦

Wars heā€™ll get a use in an off-colour stack to assist in bringing a tank down butā€¦ Tile damage will do it better & quicker reallyā€¦

Overall, yes hes useful but not as useful as he could have beenā€¦

13 Likes

Would save for thisā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m a lot less enthused about Malosi now that Iā€™ve decided to max Grazul. Not a lot different, he blocks specials at their source and she blocks them at target. He causes damage and she heals what comes through. Given my platoon of unleveled Grazul, Iā€™ll wait another month or two.

Hm, I have a maxed Grazul and Iā€™m really excited for Malosi. Any hero thatā€™s very fast should really be looked at(except you, Margaret. Go away). Yellow doesnā€™t have a lot of amazing 5*'s and I think he could be really good in a yellow stack.

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty happy with my yellows already though so even at very fast, Iā€™m not gonna worry if he doesnā€™t show up. But really, there are a ton of great holy heroes out there. Iā€™ll take my Jackal20 over Malosi as he just makes my others more lethal.

1 Like

Hmm not sure I entirely agree with this statementā€¦

In terms of direct snipers there are Joon & Poseidon who are great. Ranvir & Leo are OK (both better than Malosi in terms of sniping).

In terms of concentrated DoA (3x) you have both White Rabbit & Drake Fong who are really good. Rana, Onatel & Musashi are solid direct damage dealersā€¦
The DoA5 is where yellow falls away a little (Nieth, Owl & Justice)ā€¦

3 Likes

I have Drake Fong, Poseidon, Joon, I miss Guin, white rabbit, Vivica - yellow has itā€™s share of good five stars.

Beta Update

Malosi has returned to Beta, and appears unchanged from his last-seen version.

6 Likes

So would you ascend Malosi or costume Joon?

My only holy hitter is Poseiden.
Other maxed holys are all utilities.
Guin, Delilah, Sif, Inari, Onatel, Viv, Neith and Rana.

1 Like

Think Iā€™d go joon if it was me. Sounds like you need more raw damage and donā€™t think malosi will fill that void unless something changes between now and then

1 Like

Oh wait, I need Sir Roostery or is that roastery?

1 Like

Heā€™s decent but average mana if that makes a difference