šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Tavern of Legends Event [Part of The Beta Beat v29]

@zephyr1 if this will be on 22nd of may, then when will the costume event be? Last month that was on the 20th

Just asking :smiley:

The Costume Event is expected on the third Monday, as usual, which is May 18th this month.

Calendar information is available here: 2020 MAY Calendar (Events, Trials, Rare Quests, Atlantis & Valhalla) Tentative

1 Like

I have to agree with 100%. Itā€™s very hard to stay interested in E&P, SG. When you budget for pulls and get 3* feeders. In the time I have played. I have pulled 5 HOTM. I also have a hard time getting anything I donā€™t already have out 9f my tc20ā€™s. It certainly makes me hesitant to spend any monies.

Lets give each heroes a fixed odds. 0.1%?

4 Likes

I have a question. So do wee need at least 50 heroes for this event quest?
I mean when you succeed at 1st stage, and you go to 2nd stage,
do we need other 5 heroes?

Or if you succeed, you can use them again at the next stage?

1 Like

Yeah I think you need at least 50 heroes. Canā€™t reuse, quite an interesting challenge

2 Likes

I just came back to this thread after a while and see the change from ā€œabsorbedā€ to ā€œmemorizedā€. I was indeed under the impression he would not be affected by any of the ailments.

Wow, sorry SGG but I canā€™t see this being a good hero. Iā€™ve been very wrong in the past but in defense itā€™s just easy to avoid him. In offense he is completely dependent on the AI targeting him. I guess heā€™ll be useful against heroes that hit everyone with DoT like Azlar, etc. But stillā€¦ for a 0.1% chance?

I think Telluria would be a much better hero to have a 0.1% chance at lol.

1 Like

Sorry if this has already been asked in the 588 comments before mine, but what are the odds SG will eventually decide to add current monthlies to this summoning? Iā€™ve run a LOT of math on spreadsheets tonight to plan my summoning. If the Tavern had the additional 1.3% HotM chance, itā€™d give me the same odds of an awesome team addition as any other well-planned summon. But without that, my odds are about cut in half. Itā€™d be about as good a deal as Wonderland for me with the HotM, but without itā€¦ why? Some of the old monthlies are awesome, but less than half of them excite me

1 Like

Iā€™d say itā€™s 50-50. Either they will or they wonā€™t.

But on more serious note, Iā€™d say quite high, all depends on how much money they make on the first round. Same happened to costume chamber. Itā€™s believed (not confirmed) that after so many people passed on the first round of the portal, they took it back and reworked to make it appeal more because the revenues were extremely low.

This one is insta meh for many, beside the superlow odds for a fancy hero (that isnā€™t even that good), thereā€™s nothing appealing in this portal. A 1% chance at scoring the pool of plenty heroes that has further maybe 10-15% at giving you the hero you want will not attract anyone reasonable. Once data proves it, they may want to take it back and rework the odds, probably rework the costs also (if the chance at current HotM is added but others are not lowered, they may increase the cost to make it most expensive of all the portals).

Unless really their intention is to not make money out of it, just offer fun event and 2 free pulls (maybe 3 more from associated offer) per month same as they give you the free daily pull. You also technically can buy 10 more at 1200 gems without odds for pulling HotM, just noone sober does it unless they are millionaires (or let their infants play with the phone).

3 Likes

I think is a good thing not to include the Hotm, there are so many portals every monthā€¦ The bad things, in my opinioni, are two:

• if you give a ??? Superspecialsecret Hero a 0.1 odd It must be a top top top Hero to attract. Very fast AoE Is great but the damage and special seem (seem) not to be so strong. (But Is only a theoryā€¦ Is the First very fast AoE!)

• second problem Is the odd for old Hotmā€¦ Ok if they were 4 featured but with 20 Heroes at 0.05ā€¦ mmmā€¦

The fight with limited roster seems great, expecially for middle-expert players!

1 Like

And another ā€œmust have heroā€ hidden behind greatest and most uneffective paywall in the game? While it would make sense by principle, I am glad they did not go that way.

7 Likes

Yeah, youā€™re right, i surely never will catch him, nor you, but they work with millions of playersā€¦ If millions try with 0.1 % weā€™ll have thousands of ??? In game and heā€™ll be significant.

If the Hero remains as It Is, the % Is too low ti attract the big spenders, who probably already have the old hotm, so a good ??? hero could be helpful, to attract spenders and to give another liiiiiiittle chance ti non spendersā€¦ But itā€™s too little by now :slight_smile:

Yes. All like at war, but you can use battle items

How does that help? At this point itā€™s purely lottery numbers. Even with 0.1% fixed rate it would take 3000 summons to have 95% cumulative probability of getting a desired hero. What hero is worth that much?

Also after 50 HotMs the combined odds of landing an HotM would be over 5% which seems like a pipe dream. Hell even with 35 HotMs odds would be better than any other summon portal on release day.

If they wanted people to chase heroes with this portal, theyā€™d have designed it different IMO. This is just preying on peopleā€™s gambling tendencies.

4 Likes

At the current rate, the probability for each hero is 1.3%/23 = 0.056%
Next year it will be: 1.3%/35 = 0.037%
Next 2 years: 1.3%/47 = 0.028%

Of course making it fixed at 0.1% will help, not only it is larger than current state, it also protect from diluted pool.

I am against featured old HotM as just like Atlantis, it will pass and never to return in the featured spot.

That is the point, it help us :crazy_face:

1 Like

Looking at from just numbers standpoint, yes itā€™s better chance at landing Alby because 0.056% is nearly half of 0.1%. However I see no practical difference between 0.1%, 0.056%, 0.028%, or 0.01%

My wallet isnā€™t deep enough to perceive that difference. Iā€™m not ready to do 3000 summons to chase Evelyn and Iā€™m not convinced there are enough people out there who can.

Those are the portal design rules SG created and can be changed. They could allow user to choose which hero to be set as featured at 1.3% and throw rest in non featured. You get best of both worlds with that model

9 Likes

Looking at this event, it seems mostly like the rewards are structured to remind players that getting 5* heroes, especially HOTM or this secret hero is a rare gift. Now granted, Iā€™m new since Jan2020, so I donā€™t have the history a lot of you do with E&P. That being said, it sure seems like the game was designed so no one could ā€œcatch em allā€ without throwing buckets of money at the game, so that very few players can have Meta-dominant teams. Which means 99%of players can play the game with suboptimal teams and still win enough to enjoy playing and come back to keep playing.

Iā€™m excited to try the Tavern when it drops and see how my roster stacks and how far I can get with my one 3/55 5* hero and other 3- and 4* heroes.

Maybe I can beat LVL 8 or 9?

Maybe I lose are 6?

Itā€™ll be a new challenge!

5 Likes

Now that is interesting :star_struck:

5 Likes

I think this would be enormously succesful. Iā€™d probably even consider increasing my spending to do a 30 pull each month at this. Iā€™d dearly love hel and athena, but thereā€™s absolutely no way Iā€™d spend anything at this travesty of a portal as is

4 Likes

I would much rather see the resources for this project be used on something more meaninful for the game.