šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Soul Exchange [Part of The Beta Beat V45]

Veterans, who started with this game in its early days, have now waited 4 years. For an initiative that is basic common sense, and should have been introduced from at least Year 2. Even in a limited way.

Itā€™s now coming to Year 5. They finally did something basic to address this issue.

Itā€™s too late for the droves who gave up waiting.

I assume you donā€™t have a bursting roster. Wait if you want to.

If itā€™s still the same 10/15/20 when SE goes liveā€¦, itā€™s unlikely to reduce in cost unless backlash is unanimous, like when SGG first broached costumes for non S1. That only bought us players 5 months grace.

SGG went ahead with costumes for Yunan and Rana.

The only upside I can see is perhaps ā€œnewerā€ options with each SE. And maybe an introduction of a ā€œspecialā€ option : non S1 someone whoā€™s current enough, or comes with costume.

Hope you get the hero you want to wait for.

2 Likes

I find it sad that only negative opinions are being shared for the most part. I have close to 50 heroes waiting for this, so I just wish they would allow 3. Are the costs too high, IMO, not at all. Iā€™m c2p, so I do have more than f2p for sure, but this is a feature for those burdened by duplicates, not for everyone.

Iā€™m looking forward to this and thank the makers for finally offering us something.

8 Likes

in alliance many ask if these will be the heroes for exchange souls ā€¦ I thank those who will answer

Those were the options we saw in beta.
No guarantee, promise, or confirmation that it will be exactly that.

And it will rotate each time we get soul exchange.

3 Likes

thank you ā€¦ many think that if they are these no one would trade but not even 10 heroes ā€¦ if it is a request from the veterans I would like to see how many old players would trade with just one of those seen in beta even if there are strong ones. ā€¦ gravemaker out of costume ā€¦ killhare out of costume ā€¦ skadi garmajall and Inari are not worth 20 heroes ā€¦ personal opinion ā€¦

2 Likes

I have 40+ maxed 5stars and I would trade for skadi, killhare and maybe even give up 10 for the fish. Skadi for sureā€¦want her available for my blue mono stack.

1 Like

Hard to say. Challenge Festival had different Featured heroes than those that ultimately appeared. So it may be and it may be not.

If it is so I will probably grab GM, though Skadi seems to be by far the best options for those that donā€™t have her. Ursena and Rumple are other viable options for their tier.

If not, then hard to say. I doubt heroes such as Ludwig, Ruby or Alfrike appear. At most I expect Jade in 20 tier.

3 Likes

In my opinion Skadi is best used with C Kiril and 3 other healers in different colors. Her skill is wasted in a mono stack

6 Likes

Agree, personally running her with C-Viv. Deadly combo.

If I didnā€™t have a Skadi I would go for her, she is far and away the most powerful game-changing hero in that lineup.

In my position I will be most likely going for Guardian chameleon. Cheap for a strong titan/mythic titan hero (giving you many new options, not just your regular lineups) and can be substituted into your raiding/war lineup if you need a dispeller/buffer.

4 Likes

Given that I have 17 rings and no red project- Gravey baby! Even without the costume, heā€™s still a beast imho.

3 Likes

Rotation

Since Devs reduced maximum Soul Exchanges from 3 to 1, I would not be surprised if the first 3 Soul exchanges had the same heroes

Horghall

Costume Horghall is a safe bet for first few because Horghall gets a lot of grief on social media

Gravemaker

Gravemaker is a safe bet for first few because Gravemaker is just incredibly versatile and tempts owners to summon in Taverns to get the matching costume

FIN

I sincerely hope youā€™re wrong (but yeah, youā€™re probably right). That is a very dark interpretation for the switch from 3 times to once per.

Variety!!!

2 Likes

I think that the exchange should adapt to the deck of each player and I donā€™t know if it is possible for the developers ā€¦ many in alliance have stopped HA10 to take back TC20 for this exchange of souls ā€¦ for example I have both trencher and skadi both emblemati to 20 like me in ally in many ā€¦ it is obvious that a single alliance does not count ā€¦ letā€™s just say our idea about this new arrival in the game ā€¦

Too expensive for me

I want Gravemaker very badly but for 20x 5* heroes I cannot afford him

Affordable

I will probably wait for

affordable, decent Classic 5* hero costume ( since Classic 5* heroes have the lowest, merciless RNG, time lock to get with HA10 5* retraining )

affordable, decent 5* healer

Magniā€™s costume ( base Magni one of best Classic 5* heroes, I would level 2x costume Magni )

Vivicaā€™s costume ( only Classic 5* healer )

FIN

Wasted is pretty harsh. Most skills incrementally lose a bit of value as you move toward a mono stack. Mono stacks have the least efficiency in terms of tailoring specials to the opposition. But it isnā€™t like the value disappears. Rainbow is very inefficient in terms of tile damage but tiles still do damage. Skadis mana generation down looks effective to me in certain situations when combined with Ariels mana gen buff. While weā€™re on opposite sides of the spectrum in approach I suspect weā€™re understanding the underlying dynamics of the game in the same way. I can certainly see why skadi Kiril and 3 off color healers would work well. Skadi would be exceptional in a battle of attrition of that type. Anyway skadi is just pretty much worth it.

My point is that skadi c kiril and 3 healers wins the raid at 9 tiles.

Skadi plus 4 other blues wins it in 9 tilesā€¦ but most blue monos will win it at 9 tiles

Skadi therefore adds very little to the effectiveness of a (decent) mono stack. But you end up losing a lot of survivability by using her im one

5 Likes

Hi @Desmond

You asked one straightforward question and had many replies but most didnā€™t really address your question other than only one! I think everyoneā€™s going off tangent as usual :joy: I think @VeryQuietly was the only one to answer :slight_smile:

So Iā€™d ask for @PlayForFun ā€™s help !??

2 Likes

Iā€™m not convinced of thisā€¦but as I have neither data nor experience. ā€¦
What is an ideal war defense to use this against? I will start trying it once I get skadi if sheā€™s offered.

Do you use a mix of fast and avg healers in addition to kiril?

A skadi who triggers and kills 5 minions is a win in 95% of casesā€¦ trust me on this. And everyone else who uses her.

I combine her with c kiril c bt c rigard and zocc to mitigate the largest threat. I could just as easily go with any healer in his place

2 Likes