šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Soul Exchange [Part of The Beta Beat V45]

Season events usually starts on Monday and Easter will be in middle of April this year.
So I guess Springvale will start only on April 4th.
So I think this first occurence of Soul Exchange will not overlap with Springvale as they are more than 1 Month from each other.

In 2021 Easter was on April 4th and Springvale is only started on March 29 based on Offerā€™s log:

4 Likes

Ha! That is a bit of a gap. I was thinking Springvale started March 1, but obviously wasnā€™t remembering correctly.

1 Like

If you are sitting on 200 dupesā€¦ It isnā€™t a solutionā€¦ If you are like me and have 30 or soā€¦ Iā€™m happy with it. But 200 becomes 180, then 165 a few months afterā€¦ Unless you are collecting 20 dupes every 3 months, this should get you towards a reasonable roster size.

1 Like

Im also there with 20 dupes, but I want none of those featured heroes so I need to wait another month to see what they offer then. If it was high quality solution I would be able to convert my 20 dupes to ā€œsoulsā€ or something that would be in a bank until it opens again. That would be a better solution for everyone.

6 Likes

I donā€™t think it will be monthly event. If Iā€™m not mistaken there were some rumours itā€™s 3 times a year.

I like SE event, but I think your idea of banking would be a nice addition. Maybe put a cap on the number of souls you can ā€œbankā€. Say 20 , if the highest tier is 20. That would allow some space to be freed up if you determine the heroes arenā€™t desirable. Even if you can only ā€œbankā€ during the event.

3 Likes

This would be niceā€¦ Letā€™s say you have zero heroes to trade in, but the one you really want is out this cycleā€¦ If you could bookmark it and it would carry over to the next soul exchangeā€¦ Then if you still donā€™t have 20, you bookmark it again and it will carry over again. You can only bookmark one to carry overā€¦ But this wayā€¦ You arenā€™t totally screwed because you only had 19 to tradeā€¦

2 Likes

Ughhhā€¦24 more daysā€¦too long waiting for Rumpelā€¦

3 Likes

Seeing a lot of people that will skip the first soul Exchange. Iā€™m not skipping it. Iā€™m going for that Rumpelstiltskin. Iā€™ve been wanting him for forever and heā€™s ā€˜onlyā€™ 10 heroes.

Also seeing some people skipping this soul exchange because they are afraid a following one will feature better heroes. Keep in mind that there will always be a chance that the next soul exchange will feature better heroes. Donā€™t postpone it forever!

1 Like

Definitely not worth the mats

2 Likes

Probably only jade will be in there

1 Like

Coming in late on this one.
As a solution to the duplicate issue, to summarise my thoughts:

Too little.
Too late.
Too expensive.

10 Likes

Mica isnā€™t amazingā€¦ I could see her being in there eventually.

Just ignore itā€¦ Really doesnā€™t change the status quo for you.

1 Like

Why would it not change the status quo for me pray tell?

1 Like

Agree. You voiced my private opinion on this initiative.

I am only going with it just to see how much better it can get. Cos this 28 Feb launch is sorta like a global beta to test player response.

If response is muted, as in ā€œnot enough of a spike in 5* ratingā€ in Apple/Googleā€ play stores, SGG response can be (1) make it more attractive (reduced costs, more recent heroes, costume cones free) or (2) ā€œwhat the heck, we just continue but wouldnā€™t put too much effort into this cos it doesnā€™t get us fresh revenue and at least we can say that we did something ā€œ

If response is overwhelmingly positive, as in enough players used up their quota of 1 exchange:
About 1.2m active players, at least 50% (600,000) participated;
SGG response can be : yeah we did a great job here. Look at the player response metrics. Letā€™s let Zynga know so that they can add this bit to their press release. No need to reduce costs. No need to make exchange offers better. Players are biting. Woo Hoo

Hoping that player response is somewhere in between.

4 Likes

Too expensive for the average player IMO.
Also keep in mind that itā€™s not free cause in order to have a stock of dubs
you have already paid with gems to extend the hero storage.

I would consider it if they offer the new heroes and not a recycle of the old ones,
but as I read tier-1 is a disappointment, tier-2 decent and only tier-3 is the interesting one.

I would suggest to wait, cause in this game if you wait youā€™ll get rewarded in the end.

2 Likes

No, mica gives +33% mana gen. Thatā€™s too valuable to be featured in SE, it has to be the useless ones

Looking forward to it. Was promised for so long it began to feel like a lie.

Still believe the price is too high for most players and uncomfortable for many of the rest.

Still believe that the heroes being put into soul exchange by the players should have different values just like the heroes that are available.
The expression ā€œwhatā€™s good for the goose is good for the ganderā€ springs to mind. This last point does make me angry and is really just :poop: baggery from SG. A poke in the eye and you know they know it, you know they discussed it and you know the decision makers didnā€™t care. That is a shame.

Kinda like the reduction to one exchange per portal, it forces decisions and if there are two heroes you really, really want, a real pros/cons decision tree and a deep ponder about the relative merits of each. Kinda the fun part of the game.

Like the idea proposed above about banking souls for summoning the next portal. Like in FPL (Fantasy Premier League) where you can roll over one free transfer to the next gameweek so you can have two the next.

5 Likes

If you already paid for the roster spaceā€¦ Wouldnā€™t that be a sunken costā€¦ Sure there was a costā€¦ But you paid itā€¦ It isnā€™t like you can ask for a refund. Wouldnā€™t this be tantamount to not wanting to buy a new car because last year you bought new tires on your old car?

1 Like