đŸ§Ș Early Information on ROUND 4 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

Even with all the stat boosts, none of the season one heroes with costume bonus are monsters. (Albeit SGG claims they have high hero power number). That’s how much power creep there is.

1 Like

I think Sg is failing to realize that there will be a point when the common player (which makes up probably 90% of thier customer base) will reach a point that they cannot compete with whales that have the best heros that were are and will be, they’ve consistently shown disregard for constructive feedback from us on forums and beta testers for things like HA new heros that are obviously to OP etc and if they keep on that track the common player will stop spending or worse stop playing and even MV revenue will drop.

Once whales are left with just whales then the game will die.

I don’t see it happening right away but at this rate it won’t be too far in the future either which sucks as corporate money grabbing then consistently nerfing after releasing as is gives a lack of trust on the customer part.

Which begs the question how much trust is left??

These costumes will come out eventually it’ll happen but at what cost to them in the long run

Players say “I’m to invested in E&P to play another game” no thats your choice you can un invest (and its not an investment either you don’t get any return in this game) at any time go f2p and play the game for what it is a game or buy into the hype and blow a bunch of $ then be sour when they just add more money grabs. The choice is yours.

I don’t get too excited for a hero if I get them or disappointed if I don’t its all odds just like a lottery but at least with that you could win something tangible unlike the rent a hero system in E&P, as you cant sell your account and if by some way you do and they find out that account is wiped forever sg is extremely strict and hunts that down like bloodhounds
Why? To keep as many spending as much as possible.

So don’t be overly concerned when these costumes come out, don’t get extremely upset at the ppl who get them if you don’t. Instead limit yourselves be c2p or start a YouTube so you can deduct your spending on taxes and possibly make a return otherwise when this game goes boom thats all that $ gone like the wind.

Be smart everyone spend wisely and happy gaming :heart:

2 Likes

The only way I accept new costume for non-S1 is if it comes WITHOUT COSTUME BONUS for the heroes who already have elemental link/innate resistance/innate ability/family bonus/realm bonus.

4 Likes

No I don’t think so. At this rate of power creep increase, S5 4* will be STRONGER than s1 5*. Their 3* will be close (only slightly weaker) to s1 5*

1 Like

They shouldnt even be making costumes for anything but S1. The costumes should be available also in TC 20 or out of HA 10 when you exchange your hero that has a skin. The fact they were able to swindle many player to actually spend on them is brilliant on their end. Anything else beyond that should get a buff to be able to keep up. They’ve already opened Pandora’s box with letting Telleria out well before she should have been released.

Its already bad enough that they decided to give out emblems like Halloween candy but now we know why. This is gonna be the excuse that you can keep up with the creep ummmm surge. Your Vivica can keep up with the S4 heroes if you have 20 nodes in them without
maybe

2 Likes

Which lead to:
How do my Vivica+20 keep up with S4+20?

8 Likes

Simple it won’t and thats the point

1 Like

I’m totally okay with non S1 hero costumes. If it is going to be done, it needs to be done sequentially based on release, to somewhat make up for the power creep since their release. S1 heroes should also occasionally receive an extra costume (should come packaged with their other costumes) that stacks costume bonuses occasionally as well, to keep them at least somewhat up to par with power creep.

5 Likes

Putting paywall on top of paywall is ridiculous.

An S1 hero with 2 unique costumes will have power equal to 6* heroes, they will have extra 10% attack, 10% defense, 20% HP, and 10% mana generation.

That is pure madness!!!

It close the door on player who do not have costume.

If SG chose this route, player base will feel cheated. There is no point in pulling now, better wait untill there are 3 costume in the package.

7 Likes

It doesnt but they will say you should be able to complete the season 4 maps

Today I was supposed to be celebrating a personal milestone. A goal is set for myself when I started playing despite being ignorant of how hard the task would be. Today I wanted to celebrate maxing my 50th 5-Star hero. However, this really put a dark cloud over everything.

I use to think the S1 costumes were a great idea. I still think they could have been if implemented differently. Unfortunately, now I see them for what they are. Just more of the avalanche of heroes put out there tying to get us to not buy, but gamble for.

So many weak heroes have been ignored. Problems that existed since S1 are still present today. However, 90% of what we get for content is the push to gamble more money for the heroes that replace the ones we already bought.

17 Likes

This whole situation is such a joke. They nerfed frigg, then hours later came out with this monstrousity which is costume Finley. I legit think this is retribution for the pro nerfers. Well they got their wish, now here’s someone even worse than Frigg, deal with it.

The system do not allow editing older post so I have to add it in new post:

I give SG high marks for reevaluating the situation. They also proved me wrong today. Previously I’ve generally disliked the number of nerf posts and the amount of negativity that exists about this game.

I’ve always assume the forum “thoughts” come second to in game data. I’ve assumed it didn’t matter what we want (for most things) as it doesn’t align with what they want is what actually pays the bills. I’ve been proven very wrong. So again I commend them for listening to this small minority but very vocal community.

Does this mean we need very coordinated vocal efforts to make changes? Or is it
Coordinated efforts like no spend?

I’d be interested to know what kind of feedback from us, the players, is most valuable. I’m sure bug bounty helps but what aspects can’t they infer via game data (source: me, an analyst that finds what customers say they want and what actually generates value are often opposites).

1 Like

It’s good to see most of us singing in unison about how ridiculous the concept is.

Tavern of Legends
Ninja Tower
Mythic Titan (to be fair this is a halfway decent idea)
League of Villians (still don’t understand how S1 heroes from the story are showing up to the party years later)

What’s next? Costumes for Event heroes?

You really want to shake it up? Just release 6* heroes. Rework emblems to 40.

Better than the:
“That hero is game breaking!” NERF*
“That hero isn’t strong enough!” 300 diamonds for 1% chance to buff it to a useful state.

Well played. Meanwhile Khagan, who literally has more relevance now that he has ever had, gets a costume after being buffed twice, no problem.

What the hell are you all smoking back there?

2 Likes

That’s a fair critique. I should have clarified that the costumes do not necessarily have to stack in linear fashion. Was thinking of along the lines of diminishing returns as seasons wore on and power creep continued. Maybe a new costume each season, with the initial giving the current 5/5/10/5% and each additional adding another 2/2/4/0% or whatever rate power creep has been maintaining.

1 Like

I think earlier CEO mind thought about providing good game to people , once they saw the income they now focused only the money . They brought constume for S1 heroes to match their powers with S2 S3 and hotm heroes and now they introduced high power villains and S4 to make constume to S2 and HOTM , what’s the point here , nothing .same procedure come again as before but increased some powers . Aim => 100% money only . Literally dev team is running the game so much .

Here’s my thoughts on the update and where we go from here

11 Likes

Are you sure it wasn’t just delayed?

12 Likes

The European Parliament started a discussion about banning loot boxes half a year back in the whole EU.

It started in Belgium and Netherlands back in 2019 and might be rolled out in the entire union.
However, since it is not written law yet, it might be valid that Zynga wants to get as much money from the playerbase in short time as possible. If the regulation will take place games like E&P will loose their economical value for investors like Zynga.

Bzw. I know the difference between loot boxes (money for random items) and in-game money (money for in-game money / in-game money for random items). But it is still gambling.

8 Likes