šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on ROUND 4 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

No one said it is canceled and no one said it is delayed. Assuming they changed their plains after a couple of negative posts is just naive.

That was clearly not the right time to show us that. Doesnā€™t change it will still happen for now, unless something a lot major would happen.

There used to be some things much more criticize and vocal on this game that still come live without giving a s*#$% about our threats.

It is not over yet, be sure of it.

10 Likes

They as owners can do anything with this game, we as players can decide - want we play in THIS changed game or not. At this time there are many adequate playerfriendly alternatives. To play in something only because early it was good not my way

I know ā€¦ but 5 Finleys are not a panacea, far from it.

My opinion on new costumes for any hero!

Initially, the SG did the right thing to pull only a suit without a hero, but then for some reason they added a hero, this was a crucial mistake!
We need to return to the fact that the wardrobe is just costume for the hero, which does not work if there is no hero!

And then everything falls into place.

If you need a suit on Finley, then there should be 2 summon portals for this event: a hero summon portal and a costume summon portal (moreover, the% of costume drop should be 3 times higher than the hero!).

Thus, you leave the monetization for the SG on the heroes and you can breed and multiply costumes endlessly!
@zephyr1

6 Likes

when they found out about the new costumes, the players from my alliance who put money into the game said they will stop spend money and then they would stop playing because they didnā€™t want to dig their characters one more time, and those who didnā€™t spend money said they would stop to play because they donā€™t see how they will play against these characters, and they are right about all this. Everyone gets tired of SGā€™s greed and this will only lead to one thing, the game will die and nothing else.

6 Likes

Itā€™s called PayToWin. In case with 5x Finley(c) - hardcore PayToWin. Every game need balance and not power up for already OP heroes. It will work only near end of this game

2 Likes

Empire and puzzle may be like whatsapp due to their updates (considering only money )

I think that a good solution for all this would be that the heroā€™s outfit could be obtained more easily for those who already have the hero, I know that it would also be a matter of discussion ā€¦ but if there were two outfit portals ā€¦ one for get the hero and another just to get outfits ā€¦
Although I have seen that if you have the old hero without clothes, nothing changes with respect to the new lp, I see it difficult ā€¦ if not impossible.
The truth is that here everyone complains.
Those who believe that the game is boring ā€¦ and that events are getting easier every day ā€¦
Now that events are difficult, those who believe they can never overcome them complain.
Then those who could not with Telluria came to complain ā€¦ then those who had Telluria.
After this, those who thought there were few heroes came ā€¦ they took out many heroes ā€¦ those who seemed too many came ā€¦
Later those who thought the HOTM were very weak came to complain ā€¦ now those who see them OP complain ā€¦
Then the ones in the suits ā€¦

So Iā€™m very afraid this will stay the same.

1 Like

^This. They already sunk artwork design costs and added the code for these costumes to exist. Past behavior dictates that these will be seen in the live game at some point [and a summon portal will be involved].

8 Likes

Yes, I understand you ā€¦ but nowadays everything absolutely everything moves for money.
And believe me ā€¦ when this game becomes obsolete for whatever reason, another will come ā€¦ and over time it will be the same or worse than this one.
There is a saying that says old acquaintance is better than new to know :wink:

Not sure someone will be spend money if they will know what this game will die after 1-2 months

I have to agree with you.

Initial idea with the costumes felt more accurate. Cost for single summon was lower and the % chance to get legendary costume was much higher (as far as I remember about 5%). Downside was you only could get the costume and not the hero, so if you didnā€™t have the hero you only had empty costume.

People who did not have the hero were very disappointed about having useless costumes. But I think that was the point all along! These heroes can be obtained for free from training camps etc. Costume was only supposed to buff these that you already haveā€¦ If you donā€™t have the heroes then donā€™t pull for their costumes for godā€™s sake! Aimed for Joon costume but pulled Vivica costume and you donā€™t have her - fair enough, one day you will have her and you got the costume at much better % than any legendary hero.

I think the only thing this portal was lacking at that point was a chance to include current HotM at its normal 1.3% chance of appearing. Else it was fine as it was, and imho they were too quick to rework it. After rework yes, you had no problem with not having the hero for whom you pulled the costume, but the odds were put back to itā€™s regular 1% rate, so far more likely you did not pull the costume lolā€¦ again with necessity to pull 300 times to have a good shot at the one you are afterā€¦

My idea for how to handle non-S1 hero costume not to scrap the concept completely would be to have them unlockable for the hero after you finish certain hero challenge that requires playing with the hero long enough (win 100 raids, deal x amount of damage, deal finishing blow to x heroes etc.). Such costumes should not provide stat bonus, but could change hero looks, add new special, change stat distribution and class. And you could switch between both versions to fit your current needs. A gratification for playing with the hero long enough - not having it OP, but unlocking some more possibilities to play them. I am VERY MUCH against having to pull again after a hero I already pulled for, to make the hero viable. Even if we are talking about the weakest HotMs - people who have them as benchholders SHOULD NOT be forced to pull for their costume again to have them playable. I may as well keep my money and pull at S4 for the broken heroes instead of trying to pull after Natalyaā€™s costume featured at the same % so she can become at least marginally capable of taking on these broken heroesā€¦ This literally makes no sense.

15 Likes

Just hold back on summons. Even if you wanted to pull heroes, S4 and that new event is coming out soon enough. And those will definitely be more powerful.

If the majority pull back enough on their spending, then their revenue will take a serious nose dive. Whether this translates into them pulling the plug on this game, no one knows.

What is sure is that they will be forced to sit back and their revenue generation methods.

This idea is so costly. Of course it is double beneficial for SG profits but half loss for players who spend the money only to get the costume without the hero, then how the player will be happy it the costume canā€™t be played unless u keep spending money to match the hero with the costume u already got?

No, a big noā€¦ noā€¦

2 Likes

Well, thatā€™s your opinion ā€¦ which I respect, but I donā€™t share.
But who knows what will happen in the future.
I make you a simple reflection.
If you were SG ā€¦ what would you prefer?
Players who do not invest in the game.
Or players who invest in the game?
Everything happens the same ā€¦
I believe that this game has all the modes to be able to play it ā€¦ and I have one thing very clear ā€¦ by paying, you donā€™t win in this game, it can help you go a little faster ā€¦ but it doesnā€™t help to win anything ā€¦
I think the problem is that too many players focus too much on what others have, instead of assuming their position in the game.
I know that because of the heroes I have, I canā€™t be in the global # 1 Alliance, why? Because I canā€™t do anything but tickle a 14 * Titan and in war Iā€™m not going to defeat more than the leftovers of others, I donā€™t have enough materials to make tornadoes or harpoons or scrolls, so what do I do? Do I come here to cry? No.
Lonqie I do is look for an Alliance with Titans if I can do damage ā€¦ and wars in which I know that my participation will be good, and honestly I donā€™t care about the number 1.
But as long as the players only see the one above them ā€¦ they will still be wrong.

2 Likes

Those who do not spend money in the game are the same players as those who spend. Will be this game more fun and profitable if about one million players leave it?
Again - itā€™s all OK if in sneak peek 2021 announce will be something about closing the game :slight_smile:

So:
Quintus - 747 attack, hits all 270%, slow hero.
Master Lepus - 812 attack, hits all 270%, fast hero
Killhare - 757 attack, hits all 350%, average hero (becomes fast with mana 11 troops, or whatever level is needed for her to charge with 3x3 tiles with costume mana bonus)
Really? What were you thinking?
I am aware that SGG and Zynga do all this to make money (and that is ok), but vast majority of the player base are f2p and c2p. They will eventually look at their Quintus they ā€œwere luckyā€ to get outta TC 20 and compare him to c Lepus and c.Killhare, they will think ā€œWhat am I doing here?ā€, and leave the game. And there will be no game without that vast majority of the players.
I am also aware that SGG/Zynga have to make more and more powerful heroes to keep those summon gates busy. But, to take some, you have to give some first. Only ā€œrightā€ way to keep everyone happy IMO is to first do a major balance update to ALL the heroes and make them sort of ā€œup to dateā€ with the new extremely OP heroes/costumes. And by ā€œmajor balanceā€ I am not thinking about new costumes or something that will be behind a paywall.

15 Likes

Some considerations:
I think the only thing this portal was lacking at that point was a chance to include current HotM at its normal 1.3% chance of appearing.

This is a good idea, can be included in the wardrobe call for costumes for past GMs

My idea for how to handle non-S1 hero costume not to scrap the concept completely would be to have them unlockable for the hero after you finish certain hero challenge that requires playing with the hero long enough (win 100 raids, deal x amount of damage , deal finishing blow to x heroes etc.). Such costumes should not provide stat bonus, but could change hero looks, add new special, change stat distribution and class.

This idea is very good, but you need to come up with monetization for SG, for example, an upgrade for crystals (guaranteed), then either you pass the test or spend crystals - and everyone will be happy!

2 Likes

This will be beneficial to all players who have been in the game for a long time, and who have just come, because there will be a choice - to pull a hero and another suit or new heroes ā€¦ Otherwise, old players will need to drag new heroes (pump them), and catching duplicates of heroes with new costumes is complete nonsense, agree?

6 Likes