šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on ROUND 4 Costumes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

What I donā€™t get is how they nerf Frigg and Odin in the name of balance (which I agree with and I have two friggs) to then introduce costumes on the strongest heroes plus villains event, which have op base stats and create imbalance. Itā€™s utterly contradictory to your core message.

Your either trying to maintain balanceā€¦ Or your not. #be true to your core values. Or at least be honest and tell us what your real motives areā€¦

If you claim balance is your key. Donā€™t create things that so obviously create imbalance.

20 Likes

First of all, many thanks to SG for putting on hold the costumes to those already OP heroes that no one is clamoring for. Included in those were the idea to roll out costumes for HOTM. SG is putting those on hold, and let me just suggest now, you forever scrap them, especially the HOTM costumes. The problem with them? Two words: Telluria and Vela. After nerfing these heroes into mediocrity, you now think that a costume you have to pull for will ever fly? It wonā€™t. It will break the game. The HOTM should be buffed. Asking people to pay twice for a premium exclusive hero is ridiculous.

Costumes for HOTM will never work. I hope after the this last little public outcry SG will begin to look more closely at suggestions that will continue to make us loyal to the game, and not gauge our eyes out.

26 Likes

Seriously. Just continue to tweak and rebalance the older heroes who are clearly far less effective than their newer legendary counterparts.

The costume idea was fineā€”if a bit too expensiveā€”for classic heroes, but we donā€™t need or want them everywhere.

Most of us will leave the game should a money pit like that open up.

12 Likes

there is a option " i wonā€™t change a thing "

Their core value is greed. Theyā€™ve shown that again and again.

They want just enough game balance to keep the most amount of money rolling inā€”thatā€™s their core value.

The only way we can keep the game balance is by screaming from the rafters, halting spending, and if we have to, walking away from the game. Unfortunately theyā€™ve shown themselves not to care all that much about our complaints here or in the betaā€”not until they reach a fever pitch and threaten to halt spending or create enough frustration to pull folks away from the game. :confused:

5 Likes

Honestly, i think zynga is trying to tank the game so they can start milking another oneā€¦ I see no other reasons for that ā€¦ and if s4 and costumes rnd 4 goes the way they plan they will lose me for ALL their products or games ā€¦both cieā€¦

4 Likes

Nailed it mate. Well said.

1 Like

I first thought this is a prank. Now I know its just greedā€¦

4 Likes

Canā€™t even edit!
Honestly, i think zynga is trying to tank the game so they can start milking another oneā€¦ I see no other reasons for that ā€¦ and if s4 and costumes rnd 4 goes the way they plan they will lose me for ALL their products or games ā€¦both companies.

I already lost longtime alliance mate ( over a year playing together and playing in the last 3 years) because we have all buildings ā€¦ tons of heroes waiting for mats of tc constantly running without opportunity to " feed" the heroes to level anything interestingā€¦

Il just take my 30 + $ I spend a month and migrate to a more honest platformā€¦

I accepted the fact that I get limited amount of 5 * but now its getting ridiculously expensive and greedyā€¦

For f sake I liked the game ā€¦!!@ why? !!

3 Likes

That was indeed bad timing or terrible coordination.
I mean, itā€™s like saying you started a diet yesterday with a donut in your hand.

Not really convincing.

6 Likes

I was always FTP anyway, but these costumes have definitely NOT made me eager to spend a cent on this game!

4 Likes

Well said. They are not sorry they are sorry they got caught

7 Likes

they will just delay these costumes nothing else
We know that THIS will happen:
-huge power creep with villains and S4
-every single hero previously released on the game will have a costume sooner or later

So any 5* we got from now on are incomplete. dont spend your money on any summon gate if it doesnt have costumes inside

5 Likes

Haha indeed mate

How true!

And donā€™t spent any summon gate, if all of its heroes doesnā€™t have costume. Couple months and they will add new for another hero there and chasing begins again. Or notā€¦ since by then so many have already stop playing and even more players have stop spending.

They can say they are putting those on hold, so what?! They will add those some point. ToL is useless before that happens, Atlantis pulls are useless, event pulls are useless, seasonal event pulls are useless.

They are adding new event, which is more p2w than any other event with much stronger heroes than before. Totally pointless to spent.

Only thing keeping me around are my game friends. And some Iā€™m going to lose, because of all of these new things.

7 Likes

Costumes for seasonal 5* heroes huhā€¦ It seems devs really want to kill their game lol.

Iā€™m not surprised at all by their decision. The powercreep (and greed) was evident.

3 Likes

Says it all when someone new to the forum signs up JUST to post their opinion of their disgust.

2 Likes

I am glad they took a step back and I hope they re-evaluate making costumes that buff heros(non-Season 1).

If they do start releasing costumes, like others have said, it does not make sense to summon a hero until it has a costumeā€¦but at that point they learned we are fine with all heros having a single costume. Guess what happens next? They will release a SECOND costume for heros following the same pattern.

I just hope they figure out a half decent way to allow heros that we worked hard to get and fully leveled and had to either spend alot on and/or got lucky on. Like others have suggested such as giving them buffs aka balance. Some way that makes both SGG and players happy.

Since they will probably will not nix everything and they will want to use the new costumes/artwork/etc what I think would be cool is have some way to upgrade or build up a costume that uses some forms of collectible currency/shards. Ways of getting the currency could be unwanted 5* duplicate heros (this would also help that issue) or have it so each portal pull gives you some and then allow some free ways to earn as well. And once you have enough, the costume unlocks.

Anyway. I am still holding out some hope for this game (and 2021 for that matter lol).

1 Like

Lovely info, immediately saw/read this thread after pulling C.Marjanaā€¦ Was thrilled to get her, now I am discouraged. Canā€™t wait to see what costume idea SG has for Black Knight, maybe heā€™ll be Paladin class too, that would be the icing on the cake (smh).

@Guvnor ā€“ do you know if we will have a chance to get these proposed non-season 1 costumes from Level 10 of Hero Academy? If not, Level 10 of HA is completely worthless IMO.

2 Likes

The only thing the Small Giant Staff have told us about the initial intentions for acquiring these Costumes is in this post: Post 28

But do also note that theyā€™ve closed Beta early based on the feedback, so perhaps theyā€™ll reconsider. More on that here: Post 291

4 Likes