šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Round 3 of "Big Balance Update" [Part of The Beta Beat v58]

I see your point. In my experience, playing the element game has been very successful for me.

As I stated previously, the meta heroes on all the top defenses fire very quickly. So, if you canā€™t do lots of damage before they go off (looking at you, Hathor), you essentially lost the battle. If you put enough Ice tiles in her before she goes off, you can kill her and still wonā€™t have a special pop for you.

This isnā€™t a binary situation. Heroes and abilities do matter. Getting the right tiles also matter. Part of the reason people in this community are so upset is that matches are being won and lost on the original board setup. Iā€™m able to hang out in the Top 50 in Raids because I understand the value of the tiles AND the heroes.

2 Likes

Ofc tiles matters. If you manage to go counter color ,than by all means that is recommended. But at war that means 6 teams with stacks against the said tankā€¦ and having 6 teams like that is quite hard even for the spenders.
I mean lets take you Hathor example (though nobody plays her tank, but weā€™ll assume they do).
Building 6 teams with 3 strong enough blues? I mean 6 that have like Frida(cant think of another attacking dispeller right now) + Magni C + Perseus C?
For Hathor you do need a dispeller since she will 100% fire before you charge. 3 heroes that counter and hit hard at the same timeā€¦ quite hard.
At war sometimes you are better off using a stack that matters instead of like a Vela + Morel + whatever. Because if you charge and shoot them and Hathor doesnt dieā€¦ then its all over.

There are 2 aspects you need to get right to win. 1.Have the starting board decent enough (this is really out of your control, people try to play a fast mana killstack that charges in 7 tiles)
2.Your killstack needs to be decisive. If you charge them, they need to kill at least 2 or 3 heroes.

This is the state of the game right now. Its unfortunate really. And LB2 put the last nail in the coffin. Because the stats on defenses are so damn high that killstacks now need to be likeā€¦ elemental def down + 2 other hit 3 heroes that deal over 300%. Which leaves even less room for maneuver.
Sometimes you just need to think more about what your heroes do than the color they have. I would use even a weak color (purple on purple tank) if that stack gives me better chances than the right color. I would take a panther setup any day in place of a stack with non-decisive heroes like Matilda.

4 Likes

My approach is a bit different.

In War, I go 1-2-2. I have at least 17 4/80 5ā­ļøs in every element. I pile 2 against the Tank and 2 against the most dangerous Flank. The third would be some kind of specialty/irritant hero of one of the other elements according to proper synergy.

With this approach, it allows me to get close to killing the Tank with 6 tiles and maybe even kill it if the cascade includes tiles of the other ā€œ2ā€ I brought. I frequently am able to clear the Tank before any specials go off on either side.

Part of the reason I chase [some] new heroes are the upgraded ATK stats specifically for the increased tile damage.

WHEN THIS FAILS, I go through the process you outlined above. If I get super fortunate and get a 5-match, it might serve both purposes at the same time.

RE: Hathor

Yeah, sheā€™s a grip to deal with. Many times, I try to dump tiles on the other side of her and try to build up specialsā€”particularly those that block buffs or healing before she goes off. If she does go off, I try to build up offensive specials alongside heals of my own to withstanding what I KNOW is coming from the heroes I just dumped tiles into.

Bad SG! Incredible, SG says it is planning a ā€œBig Balance Updateā€, applying Nerfing to several heroes, of which many of us spend a fortune to try to summon them in portals that only give a 1% chance of seeing the hero so dreamed of. We spend another fortune to level up the hero and break his limits! But SG with its ā€œBig Balance Updateā€ says that this is necessary, that 200 heroes are unbalanced and need to receive Nerfing or have their original proposal completely changed, I cite the example of Furdand who had two specials removed and became a completely different hero from his original proposal . That is, I summoned a Furdand and now the SG simply says that he will have another proposal like it or not. At the same time, SG keeps announcing that new heroes will be released that are more OPā€™s than those being Nerfed. That is, the heroes we spend a fortune to summon will be nerfed, but you can spend another fortune to try to summon the new OP heroes that will be released! Iā€™ll never fall for that again, the SG wonā€™t take another penny from me! Attention, if you value your money, do not spend more on this game, we have no security in it. SG launches heroes today and changes tomorrow at will with the sole intention of greedily profiting without thinking about its players!

6 Likes

Itā€™s clear as day what SG is trying to do.
If their intention is clearly to make the game more balance, they would have buff up the older, weaker and least used heroes to make the game more balanced.
Instead, they choose to cheat consumers and make those heroes that we spent thousands of dollars chasing after redundant, changing the hero skills into a totally different one.

I have stopped spending, I have made up my mind to quit the game once the big update rolls out.
I will delete my account instead of letting SG use it like a bot account for players to raid. A single player leaving the game is insignificant, but small drops of water can on one day make a big ocean

10 Likes

I was stoped pay and game stop give me gift, vision, summons, titan, even board when i fight big ā€œ0ā€ only :poop: but i will not pay again.

Now i see new list of new heries, new op heroes 2 new family, this is Not Balance this is reset all heroes because they prepared new and new summons more money , the dont balance game the still broke game , its sick SG what you do. :triumph::triumph::triumph:

Dont worry, they are closing in on the maximum power a special can hold, but they are not quite there yet hahahah :smiley:

2 Likes

ā€œIn recent months, however, new Heroes have started to close in on the gameā€™s upper ceiling for sensible Special Skill number values; weā€™re not at the breaking point yet, but weā€™re edging ever closer to it.ā€

ā€œIn Empires & Puzzles battles, frustration is mostly felt when you get either a useless starting board, or an unintended and unfavorable cascade.ā€

ā€œThe gist of our new direction is that Heroesā€™ power will now be allocated a bit more to raw stats, and a bit less to Special Skills.ā€

ā€œWe believe that placing a reasonable upper limit on the power of Special Skills in this manner will make the game feel more FUN and FAIR, as less battles will be straight-up decided by the very first volley of Special Skills.ā€

So SG claims:
Problem: The very first volley of specials from the defending team too often decides the battle early on in the raid battle.
Cause according to SG: special skill % have become too high and cause too much damage
Solution according to SG: reduce special skill % and increase stats

The damage calculation for special skills uses
attack_value x special_skill_ %
so increasing attack runs the high risk of counteracting the reduction of the special skill %.
1000 attack x 600% = 6000 attack power
1091 attack x 550% = 6000 attack power

=> This kind of solution doesnā€™t really change the damage from special skills

What you should be looking for, if you deem the defenderā€™s special skills too powerful, are things like:

• reduce the skill special % without simultaneously increasing (attack) stats
  • reduce the stat increase from limit breaking
  • reduce the 20% damage bonus for the defenderā€™s specials
  • slow down the defenderā€™s mana increase from tiles and turns
9 Likes

They claimed that this was removed a while ago, but I donā€™t believe it because I have heroes with the same numbers that donā€™t deal the same amount of damage as the defenders. If this is something that was removed, it should be thoroughly discussed.

6 Likes

The implementation must be insufficient then because SG still finds that the defense team overwhelms the attackers too often.

SG should tell us what they did exactly. Collecting enough data on special skill damages is way too much effort, especially for high damage number since you need to get enough data to identify the complete Ā±5% range

2 Likes

Any news about the Round 4?? Should be already live but thereā€™s no trend about it yet

@albabug There is no change in this Beta.

4 Likes

Does our conversation make sense :thinking::thinking::thinking:

After all, sg is constantly preparing and releasing much stronger heroes

1 Like

there is a new date for changes in round 4 or 4 and 5? maybe 7 days from now on? Im anxious about it.

1 Like

I donā€™t know, but I hope to God that some of these heroes that have proposed nerfs come off this list and some of them that have avoided the list get added, because some of these skills are ridiculous.

How has:
Hathor
Erlang
G. Hippo
New Magic heroes passives
Tinsel (her speed, class and effects are all devasting at fast speed)
Hetepheres
Archie (he does what El Naddah does, but to all)
Anne
Director Zuri

not been touched, but they are going after heroes like Hawthorn, Rhys and Cleopatra?

To be clear, I have many of these heroes Iā€™ve mentioned, but I can see that some are clearly imbalanced in such a way that they break the game where fairness is concerned. Some of the options that the developers are going after in the way of nerfs makes no sense.

2 Likes

Here is the schedule for Remaining Betas:

4 Likes

thanks BRO =D
do you think that maybe monday will be release some topic about the Beta 4 (new nerfs, new buffs, new changes, etc?)

I have no idea, but we will see what will be in Tuesdayā€™s last Final Beta.

First mention Iā€™ve seen of her being OP. I drew her recently and have been leveling her as a good healer option, but didnā€™t really consider her a meta hero. What do you think makes her OP? (Not saying youā€™re wrong; just wondering what Iā€™ve got with this one.)

1 Like