šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on ROUND 1 Telluria & Vela Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Check out my latest video and donā€™t forget to visit the thread. Post your Telluria raid challenge now.

2 Likes

I share your sentiment. What I have learned is that SG can change any hero at any time without little/negligible recourse. Thus, Iā€™m committed to stop spending any more money for gems/summons. After I see what becomes of Telly and Vela, I may or may not keep playing this game. Iā€™ve literally spent hundreds of dollars this quarter pulling for those two and May Atlantis, and I was fine to do it, because I had faith the heroes I pulled wouldnā€™t be altered in such a drastic way. Lesson learned, but Iā€™ll make sure other players are also warned about their bait and switch practices.

In any case, Vela should be left alone. I donā€™t even bring her unless I see a red tank, and even then she doesnā€™t always mean victory. I still bring 3/2 or 4/1 like I do against any tank in this game. Telly can be brought down similarly.

3 Likes

I agree fully to what you are saying. HOTM are very hard to come by and when you finally get one, you want to ascend it fully. And nerfing comes along and spoils your hard work. There should b a compensation of some type if a character of your is being nerfed or changed in anyway or form

@zephyr1 you moved my post from the other thread and now it got flaggedā€¦ Is it still on the other thread too?

It got flagged as a double post. Itā€™s still in this thread as well as your Challenge one.

Itā€™s just not in the thread that has nothing to do with Telluria.

Ok.

20 understanding words.

1 Like

I dont know how long you have been playing but I feel you look at SGā€™s track record in a very pessimistic way.
Although far from perfect they try to listen to what the players want, even if they dont implement it always in a good way or a way the players hoped for ( Alchemy lab :face_vomiting: ) but so far I see no reason to assume they always drop the ball! :smile:

Telluria IS very strong and together with VELA and GM makes fo a very monotonous and boring meta!
If you look at the proposed changes I hope that the manaslow of 24% and a slight Vela nerf ( about half of what is proposed now ) will do the trick!

We will see and until then I will reserve judgement and keep hoping!!! :smile:

I have Telluria at 7 emblems. She does not even keep me in diamond. I keep falling into Platinum.

Seshat+5 Ariel+3 Telluria+7 Kingston+4 Rana+5

Unless Iā€™m doing something seriously wrong, which I doubt, this should prove that while Telluria might be very strong, she is definitely not over powered.

It is Vela and the other support synergy, that makes this so difficult to overcome. Without the support cast, sheā€™s just a decent high Platinum tank.

1 Like

I think itā€™s the 60th post in the thread but I outlined some ideas for compensation. They really messed up here, compensation is a must, if they donā€™t give major compensation, they are stealing.

They should also look at adjusting tell and vela and not nerfing them. Change what they do slightly, or remove one of their skillls or 2 but buff the others.

1 Like

Please dont forget to make the difference between PRERELEASE changes and AFTER release adjustments.
A prerelase hero does not exist yet. What is in beta very often leaves beta as something completely different and most of the time rightly so.

I know JF is not GM but I still see him a lot in diamond and in wars! And lets be honest nobody wants another GM! :slight_smile:

Of course powercreep will make sure that a GM equal in strength will show up sooner or later as hotm!

I have to agree with all the people who complained about the Tellutia/Vela and to a lesser extent GM meta.
It is boring to fight the same heros over and over again. Yes you can beat them but every day of the week?

So it seems quite obvious to agjust the problems and until I see how it plays out I reserve judgement and hope for the best! :smile:

And you will defenitely not find me in the forum asking for compensation BEFORE I know what is going to happen! :smile:

1 Like

As a first step I would propose to exchange the position of Rana and Kingston. This should already improve the perormance.
In the end your defense should look like this:
Kingston, Ariel, Telluria, Rana, Seshat
This gives Kingston some color protection and the heros are positioned according to their speed and function.

I am very astonished about your results because my defense of Finley, Sabina+20, Rana, Sartana+3 and Marjana+1 has about the same performance!

What kind of troops do you have.

May your summons never be Renfelds, Priscas or Graymanes!

1 Like

Mana lvl 7 all colorsā€¦

I have been slacking on leveling the troops, focusing on all my shiny new heroes.
Thank you for the lineup advice, I will make those changes and see how it does. Hopefully it will be better, but I donā€™t think it will be drastic.
Again, thank you.

I am so confused why they would remove the extra damage against fire and not the attack down.

Compare Vela to GM and the only thing that makes her less than GM is the fast vs very fast mana and her DOT takes 2 extra turns to complete

She has better stats, resists minions, her extra damage is more the GMā€™s and she does attack down.

I do not think it is her extra damage to red that is the problem in raiding GTV, I think itā€™s the attack down. If you remove that regardless of reducing or leaving her extra damage to red She becomes a very similar hero to GM and Clarissa. Then if you change her DoT from 4 to 2 turns she becomes better. The DoT is harder to wipe and even if its wiped after 1 turn it still does half the damage.

Just back to reminder.
I think better to just Nerf Telluria with -24% and with 13% minion. No need to nerf his HOT.

Vela just Nerf her Extra damage to Fire enemies to 30% cause 70% is too much for fire enemies. And you only have one cleanse in Red which is Zimkitha and itā€™s hard to get when you skipped it. And as for -54%, I think itā€™s fine. Cause we have Boldtusk (costume if someone got lucky) which can be a fast strong buffer.

4 Likes

So i was thinking, since vela unique feature was removed i think it should only be fair to either increase her dot or direct damage

So someone above wrote this forum is ā€œhystericalā€ and will all blow over because the people who are against a nerf are in the minority group.

My response is, a quarter of my alliance has Telly, and since she and Vela are HOTM and not event heroes, nearly every alliance will have 5-10 members or more who will be affected negatively. So think again.

Please SGG, Just nerf Tellyā€™s mana and leave Vela alone.

5 Likes

Lol you do realise that GM is 2 years old and both Clarissa and JF which can be considered direct gm replacements were nerfed to be inferior pre release. Makes me wonder if their initial release in beta was to hype them so people chased them knowing they would be nerfed. If so brilliant marketing .

However, Sorry I completely disagree regarding compensation and the nerf .The changes they have in beta are what they are looking at doing then supposedly look at feedback .

they donā€™t pluck out figures and skills from a lottery ball , then give it to beta and have the volunteers tell them What to do
They come up with ideas , put it through their modelling and analysis and obviously they would actually have a play around with it . Then they put it into beta for a once over To see if they missed anything and as you heard many a time from beta testers , SG rarely listen to them.

They donā€™t put heroes in beta in extreme positions and then wait to be told what to do . Give the company and developers some credit they actually do know the game and how to create heroes

As for the compensation, if we donā€™t make it known our displeasure and what we expect , SG will do whatever changes they want and not fairly compensate. Good luck raising it as an issue after the fact , after you blindly accepted their bait and /switch tactics with indication of what changes they are considering

1 Like

Donā€™t feel madā€¦The solution is only balance it or buff other old heroes to be same as Telluria skills.

No more talk about guinevere needs to be nerfed she is fine the way she is the only players who complain about her is the players who dont have her and wish they had her , she heals 3 heroes including herself and takes out 20 percent mana thatā€™s it ,its not like shes a damage dealer also or has minions shes fine the way she is. I dont have telluria and hate playing against her but she was overpowered but I didnā€™t care if she was it gave me a challenge when I fought her, now vela seriously leave her alone shes also fine the way she is . Mok kar and horghall they didnt need to make the better and so they did good with that and a few other heroes but vela , guinevere, and telluria leave them alone let them be one of those top heroes in the game. I remember everyone complaining about gravemaker and hes been the same but then they make a clone girl version of him and come out with Clarissa and had the same exact stats damage same and poison damage the same like gm fire damage but of course they nerfed Clarissa so now shes a little below gm now but gm getting nerfed anytime soon .

Dear developers, we have Received information about how you want to change all the characters, with the release of a new update.
Please do not touch Vela, she is not such a strong hero to change her for the worse. With increased damage compared to red, it is at least possible to play with it, if you remove it, the map will become an average level. Explain why you want to change it? When there was no hero like Telluria, she didnā€™t cause any problems in defense. So change the Tellurium as much as possible for the worse, but why touch it.
Why donā€™t you touch a hero like grave Digger?heā€™s more dangerous than Val
Please take my request seriously. Donā€™t change Val!!! This is not only my opinion, but many other players as well.
You will lose interest in the game and will not want to develop something further if you create good characters first, and then make them worse.

2 Likes