đŸ§Ș Early Information on ROUND 1 Telluria & Vela Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

That’s one way to look at it. The other is emotional manipulation. Make people feel bad that a company would care so little for their time and preferences and then throw them a bone. Sounds like an abusive relationship and a deplorable way to do business.

5 Likes

Beta isn’t part of the ‘real’ game though, right? The fact we spend so much time and energy judging SGG on their beta-testing changes is primarily because it’s shared in these forums - not because SGG wants us to judge them for it. They rely on those beta testers to provide feedback based on seeing and playing with the proposed changes.

2 Likes

This is the thin edge of the wedge. You start bowing to public pressure rather than the advice of your beta testers and you’ll get no end of complaints hoping that numbers and persistence will influence change to favour the sqeakiest wheel. SG will never get off that hamster wheel now.

2 Likes

Personally, I think all these threads on sharing beta changes absolutely ruins this entire forum and the attitudes of everyone here. And I know that’s hypocritical of me - because here I am reading and commenting on them.

/yes, I did mean to reply to myself.

The most amusing argument to me, “I saw on the forums well in advance that Telly was going to be an unfairly powerful hero, so I spent a bunch of money!”

I spent a bunch of money to build a team that shouldn’t be rendered useless by an overly-buffed hero.

My solution to this whole thing: Have your overly buffed super hero. But make them SUPER rare to obtain.

Telly is unbalanced and unavoidable because she’s everywhere.

Since nobody seems to get that, or want that, I 100% support the nerf.

4 Likes

Public pressure comes because they don’t listen to beta testers and don’t give enough resources to test different combination of heroes in beta.

since now there will always be mistrust, of all the heroes of the month because if SG decides to change it will be just a waste of time and money for the player.

Is there a beta tester in here that can relate about the nerf ? Or do all the previous post are only wind about a proposition ?

I reject this notion as too, the frequency is not the cause of imbalance, it is the effect. Even Guin/Ursena tank users convert to Telly.

No - since forever. Balances and changes have happened numerous times before; this isn’t new.

2 Likes

See now this I can 100% get on board with. Someone mentioned running mono red with Mitsuko, well how many players have her, and really is “just run mono red” the best counter argument, given that you’ve now completely placed your fate into the hands of the board RNG?

1 Like

With the crazy heroes they design lately (they seems to have run out of idea as there are already around 100 5*). I guess it will be worse without beta beat thread.

It is because choosing to chase after a counter hero is a choice, having something taken away that you chose to summon for removes your choices and forces devalues your investment.

Towards Mr.Spock’s poll
 I voted ‘I am done spending entirely’.

To be honest, I have cut off my spending sharply since February where I had to do almost 200 pulls to get JF. Reason is, for the whole 200 pulls, the only 5* I got is Isarnia and a duplicate Sartana.

I have no problem spending for the game I like
 and I really love this game. Even with its abysmal percentage of getting a 5*, I still end up spending.

Through out the times though I noticed since last year
 it is much easier to get a HotM than a S2 / S3 / Event 5* heroes. Thus I only spend up to 200 pulls for a HotM.

IT REALLY HURTS A LOT WHEN THE HOTM I HAVE, THE ADVANTAGE I HAVE OVER THOSE WIELDING THE POWER OF GRAVEMAKER and all those SPECIAL 5* HEROES
 are being nerfed crazily.

Telluria is powerful
 but SG is repeating the same mistakes it did with Neith. But nerfing Vela
 that is just outrageous!!!

Did SG have any idea how many pulls I have to make for Vela to appear in my roster? Hoping for Finley? Fenrir? Hah I don’t think I would even be able to get them after 500 pulls (and 500 pulls could already get me a decent computer). But going from past experiences
 500 pulls would probably net me around 2 all the way up to 10 Vela probably. And that is the advantage I wield against those pesky Gravemaker (which I did also hundreds of pulls last Atlantis with not a single 5*
 as usual). Of course
 no Gravemaker.

Please Please Please reconsider these nerfing of heroes. Don’t touch Vela. She is fine as she is. Yes, I agree that Telluria needs a little nerfing
 but cutting her Heal Over Time to half is just outrageous.

9 Likes

Could always get more beta testers and/or listen to their feedback more?

Regardless, us judging proposed changes being TESTED in beta seems less than ideal

/Nothing wrong with constructive comments on them. But many are ‘burn this place down’ in nature.

2 Likes

Is it a real choice though? If SG released THE perfect Telly counter next month, would those who have spent hundreds chasing Telly not also chase that perfect counter?

That’s my point.

Go do your six raid flags.

How many Telly tanks did you have to scroll past?

Six? Eight?

She’s everywhere.

What would have been cooler: You’re readying for war and see one team on the other side – oooh! – has that super-rare; super-powerful Telly tank.

Small Giant would have still made their money, as people chased the Golden Ticket.

2 Likes

@zephyr1 This green giant was over too strong! That’s why all players invest on this, there is a prove on top 100 players about 90% used her. Suggest creator to test this giant. I will be happy if you can do a LIVE video to test this giant.
I can’t demonstrate how over strong she is, just imagine if AEGIR get the same benefits as Telluria was, add in 130%Damage to all and can summon minions to all allies, sounds cool right

Agreed what everyone said don’t nerf Telluria, because they ‘invest’ on her, so just buffs the AEGIR, SANTA CLAUS, or others 5 stars heroes to make it balance as TELLURIA, fair to all Players

Make sense our members of community group E&P?

1 Like

I guess we see the Beta process differently, since I don’t see a first test iteration as a “proposed plan,” just a way to test some possible changes and get feedback.

I don’t interpret the first version as being at all intended to be final — as I’m always saying, don’t get too attached to first versions of Beta content.

6 Likes

Shhhh! Don’t say that one too loudly.