šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on ROUND 1 Telluria & Vela Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

I feel the changes to Vela are the wrong ones. The -54 attack to fire is the issue, get rid of that. and she is in line with GM and Clarissa with no other change. She hits all but is fast they hit 3 but are very fast.

Is there any other hero that does a attack reduction to a specific color and in that amount?

If Vela has attack reduction on fire removed then the only really needed change to tell is increase attack say 5% and reduce defense by 10-15%

2 Likes

Dont overreact. Velaā€™s nerf is too severe. Telluria has such bulky stats, that slight heal is already a huge pain.

3 Likes

This seems more viable. They should have something like this:
No extra damage to red if next to green.

1 Like

Agree.

On defence. On offence I cite myself:

C.Mel and Mist definitely more accessible than Telluria.

Well, personally I donā€™t like Telluria nowadays, but this nerf will put her on the bottom shelf of power, right next to Horgall. In my opinion the best nerf for her, that wonā€™t make her useless, would be changing the range of attacking part of her ability from 5 enemy heroes to 3. The healing tbh is just cosmetic. 411 makes her good for attack and truthfully, when in defense, most of the time she is healing full hp champions. Making her mana reduction to -24% would be like no difference when attacking at all. Alasie has that much and really Iā€™ve never had any problems with Alasie being to harsh in defense, when I was attacking. And talking about Vela. Please, she is that good, only bcs Telluria is too good. I donā€™t think Vela needs that nerf.

3 Likes

I think the mana gen and minion health nerf would probably have been enough on their own. If SG felt she needed an additional nerf, would rather have seen them reduce (or eliminate) the attack portion of her special instead of the heal over time. That would keep her as a strong healer, now sheā€™s a mediocre healer and a (less than?) mediocre attacker. Just get rid of the attack if you thought the mana and minion nerfs werenā€™t enough

1 Like

Will Heimdall be better than Telluria after the nerf?

I was underwhelmed by Vela at first, then with the deadly duo I thought about chasing her. If she doesnā€™t deal extra damage against fire at all, I donā€™t see any reason to summon for her.

Save Private Vela.

Iā€™m not very happy with this. I think that if they want to balance the game, they should nerf all OP heroes and not just some of them. Thereā€™s always going to be a top dog anyway. I wish they had buffed other existing heroes to counter Telluria & Vela instead of punishing the people who sometimes spent a lot for the low odds of getting them.

I have a P2P alt account and for some reason, I think itā€™s the only one that makes sense now. I donā€™t know how long Iā€™m going to stay in the game.

2 Likes

In my opinion this is way to much why not just try one of the following 3. The devs wanted to bring a viable green tank into the game and now with these nerfs I feel like most top alliances will not only go back to yellow purple tanks but we will also have a hero sitting on our bench not being used because of being over ā€œbalnacedā€. I really hope the fact is addressed seeing this is an over nerf. Vela was fine also I donā€™t know why she is getting nerfed. I knew a nerf was coming from all the complaining form alot of people but please donā€™t nerf these heros that so many of us spent so much time leveling up and learning how to go against

1 Like

Your whole development team is completely lacking in understanding your own game. Nerfing Velas damage to red This much is ridiculous. Plus, it isnā€™t even the part of her kit that make her hard to go against when facing telluria vela combo.

If you wanted to do a nerf to vela, reduce her attack reduction from 54% down to 35% And reduce the turn reduction to 3 instead of 4 so instead of making 3 red heroes feel like 1.5, itā€™s feels like you brought 2 red instead of 3.

The problem people feel with vela is that she buys the opponent 4 turns of safety if you stack red. Reduction not Total mitigation. Itā€™s okay if she is one of the ultimate red counter heroes.

I donā€™t think vela or telluria need a nerf. I face them often and beat them often.

All of these changes 100% of them are poorly thought out, and she that SGG is interested in use stealing from the community.

6 Likes

Actually on initial views , not much difference except you donā€™t get wiped immediately . Iā€™m actually getting smashed more in beta raid with these changes then on actual game

1 Like

I donā€™t understand the nerf in health recovered, especially such a big decrease. If you compare with rigard with costume, guinevere or even gadeirus, tell would become a bad healer. Guess if this change is implemented, I would not be using tell for anything, but use rigard with costume. Kinda odd choosing a 4* over a 5* hero, does not seem fair or logical.

I expect weā€™ll see revisions to all of the balance changes in Beta, based on Beta feedback, which Iā€™ll post as Beta is updated. So that should give an indication of whatā€™s been suggested.

Most likely Iā€™ll start a new thread for Telluria & Vela in particular, since this one is likely to get a lot of comments before the next Beta round, so weā€™ll need a fresh restart again to make the discussion navigable.

7 Likes

Yup, good call. Thanks! :+1:

1 Like

I think they will have major backlash if they continue down this path.

SGG. After watching your approach to this situation over the last 2 days I am now 100% certain you lack any understanding of your community or the game youā€™ve created.

Youā€™re stealing from people.

17 Likes

This is far too muchā€¦ heres what you need to doā€¦

Quantify extra elemental damge on ALL heroes that do it and make it the same across ALL heroes

Telly is on the right path but youā€™re doing too much. She just needs a def and health adjustment and a drop of the mana slow by AT Least 10%

Your propsed nerf to Vela makes her garbage

7 Likes

Agree. As someone who has Vela, but not Telluria, I used her on offense all the time, just because of her extra damage against red. I was expecting a cut in the extra damage from 70% to 40%, which would have been fine, but to completely do away with it takes most of the fun out of using her for me.

13 Likes

Vela I can be short about, extra damage is alright, just keep it on large with the rest of he game.

Iā€™m curious to see how Telluria will play out with these changes. Iā€™m afraid the combination of the 3 make her just a tad too easy, but weā€™ll have to wait and see what Beta proves.

SG sure has had suggestions enough on what they could do to tweak her.

4 Likes

Iā€™d much rather see just a reduction in mana generation (24% is a start), and a lowered defense stat. Then she could keep her heal higher.

1 Like

Iā€™ve lost all my raids (7)so far lol against the gtv . Lol

For a lot of people, including myself, we donā€™t care about our raid defences as long as itā€™s keeps us in diamond tier. With these changes you are making Telluria exclusively a tank, and not usable on offence. I know the intention was to make an a-tier green tank, but a lot of people pulled for(and spent a lot of money) for a hero that also was viable on offence.

4 Likes