šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New "Challenge Festival" Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V44]

will we get LB orbs as reward?

Ok whoaā€¦ I didnā€™t see the new heroesā€¦
Thanks @PlayForFun
Andā€¦
Sorryā€¦ so terribly sorry @Shohoku79

Before you had:

And now you have 6.1% chance to get Bauchan.

You can take consolation in that those missing a legendary have horrific odds. But umm yeah, stillā€¦
Good luck! :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

As 5 new heroes are added to the portal now we have 10 rare heroes.
So the chance to get a special rare hero is less, 6.1%.

3 Likes

I hate to say this, but SG should get rid of the Epic Trainer heroes and make them all rare trainer heroes. Thereā€™s been several complaints of people hitting the 1% odds and feel robbed. I know removing them would be worse for all of us (epic trainer > rare trainer), but it would save some frustration from the community.

The portal is already shaping up to be one of the best, so making the epic trainers 1% worse than other portals should not lead to any general complaints (but of course it will).

Alternatively they could get rid of trainers in general and up the odds of three star heroes. Not necessarily ideal for everyone, but anyone chasing a three star hero would prefer this.

6 Likes

Iā€™m confused, why did the community take a vote if all the challenge events would be included? I thought we were voting to have teltoc as the challenge eventšŸ§

Voting was for Novemberā€™s event

Challenge Festival is scheduled for December

8 Likes

Thanks for clarifying!

1 Like

I agree, the first 2 passes will be great for everyone. Extra passes for the F2P. Definitely great for new players.

Iā€™ve already got over 20 maxā€™d rareā€™s permanently collecting dust. Depending on this portal, I suppose it will be time to finally eat them.

After that,
It will become the Dupe Portal
Where people chase LOTL for 0.068%

Itā€™s almost nefarious that they finally upped the rare hero ratio.

And unquestionably nefarious that costumes will filter inā€¦ :face_vomiting:

But what concerns me more than anythingā€¦ what is replacing these old events? Will those new portals make this one look like a TC? I wonderā€¦ :disappointed:

3 Likes

Excellent. No more S1 BS. Finally a good place to use my 500+ challenge coins!

9 Likes

Iā€™m really liking what I see here so far, with regards to no Season 1 heroes in the portal!
Great step forward (even if itā€™s a once-off thingā€¦)

P/S: I thought I might also point out that ā€˜Challengeā€™ has been misspelled as ā€˜Challangeā€™ throughout :sweat_smile:

My first take away was the Chicken effect. And thatā€™s still my main take away.

Thatā€™s an indirect paywall, which will make a challenge event thatā€™s harder than other challenge events in beta, veer towards ā€œimpossibleā€ for some, and I am only referring to completion, not ranking, without lobbing much items and (hopefully) not paying gems to continue.

The 25% reduction in HP, Attack, Defence and Mana Gen, effectively renders a non Event 5* (fully emblemmed) (not even looking at limit broken heroes) to a maxed 4* more or less, without even factoring the additional challenges.

If SGG insists on a 25% chicken effect, without taking away or reducing some of the additional difficulties, enough players, who only want to complete, will be sufficiently frustrated, leading to adverse consequences.

The recent NT has already cast a pall on a once vibrant event community. This event looks like it will add a few more dark clouds to an already overcast sky.

The counter argument would be: players can pull, and then do better in the next round. Events cannot be tailored to all levels yadda yadda yadda. Which is logical and Which is what SGG wants : more revenue. Assuming there is a next time.

If there arent enough ā€œnext timeā€ players, a shrinking player population will shrink even more. No need to spell out the consequences for this.

My gut feel is that SGG wants to drive away (from their perspective) non-contributing players (f2p mainly and hopefully enough c2p/vc2p) shrinking the player population enough that they can pull the plug sooner rather than later. After milking as much $$$ from this game.

9 Likes

I think SG is really trying to break the Wilbur or Gunnar attack team strategy, a lot of players just go mono red for all the events except for red reflect.

So far they have failed in that regard (mostly) so I congratulate them on it as much as new ailments etc are annoying, thereā€™s the word Puzzle in the name after all.

I embrace the variety.

And also no S1 heroes big UP :up:!!!

7 Likes

One the one hand, the portal is really good for new players and with the higher chance fĆ¼r 5*, for long time players who are not big spenders as well.

On the other hand, the difficulty for this event is far to hard.

All non (old)event heroes will have - 25% attack, def, HP and Mana reg, which cripples all the non event heroes extremely.

On top of that, all the event enemies do things like cutting your Mana, giving you fiends and take less dmg.

And if that is not already more than enough, color stacking makes alle the enemies resistant to that color?

Thatā€™s a pretty bad idea and way over the top. Of course I can do it with items and a relatively deep bench, but any new player will give up after a few levels and will be frustrated. And not in the ā€œI will spend money to get better heroesā€ kind of way but in the ā€œfu** this sh** Iā€™m better of playing candy crush than thisā€¦ā€ way

7 Likes

@PlayForFun thank you so much for the information you give us! Is it already known how often the developers plan to hold the festival?

2 Likes

The new events that theyā€™ve already introduced, surely?

1 Like

This portal is stuffed full of goodies that very few players will have all of. It would be worse for the game IMO if they were to be given away too easily. It has to be challenging. Mind you I speak as one who has very few 5* from these combined events (none at all from Wonderland, Grimforest or Pirates, believe it or not) and who is not at all competitive in regular events, so Iā€™m unlikely to do that well in this one - but still in principle Iā€™m in favour of it being tough.

2 Likes

Will this Challange Festival be part of the new rotation, or itā€™s just a ā€œone and doneā€ thing? If in rotation then we would have Slayers (Blue) Villians (Purple), Circus (Yellow) Gargoyles (unknown) and Challange (multiple) in rotation, unless they add something more apart of Gargoyles and Festival will be 6th one.

I am guessing it will be the 6th challange event in the rotation (Slayers, Villans, Circus, this, + 2 unknown). I have asked it from Staff, but so far there is no answer from them.

5 Likes

Six one makes sense. It means that every event would be there twice a year. Challenge Festival in June and December if they keep the rotation.

1 Like

Might be the knights and the knights pair focoused in reaven family