đŸ§Ș Early Information on General Hero Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

These seem interesting changes, but:

1. Why change Gormek? He was unique because of his higher HP, so this change makes him “Grimm-like”
  2. Why no buff on Thoth-Amun and Jean-Francois, which are really useless as they are now (they seem an ugly copy of Seshat and GraveMaker IMO)?
2 Likes

Now if only SGG could also fix the counterattacking heroes to actually counterattack damage given to them when there’s shared damage involved.
It literally says how it’s supposed to work, right there on the card.

SMH

This is too much. Keep his attack, raise defense, leave his heath alone, leave hp recovered alone. Just make him reasonable defense and he’s awesome.

We saw mana change for Easter heroes, making them fast, why not do the same to atomos? Also, boss wolf is as beefy as telluria and same reduction of mana generation and very slow? You can balance mana, yes you can. Btw new guardian owl stats are not enough to survive until special is charged.

3 Likes

The problem with Danza is not the “low” direct damage, but the probability of Swords and bottle.

As I experienced, out of 10 times I got 5 freeze 3 bottle and 2 swords.

If SG changed the probability to 4-3-3 or 33-33-33%, he would be a useful and funny character!

3 Likes

If they did that, then my holding-at-3-70 Grimble would get Tabards in a heartbeat. Sign me up!

4 Likes

What about Inari?

I feel like she’s become a bit too niche and could use a small buff to her special.
Adding some AOE damage to the special would make her more viable imo.

4 Likes

I was just about to mention inari. Shes mehh like she is
 i almost dont use her (to think i have her twice). The weakest (almost never used) from atlantis heroes.

4 Likes

Some stand out as interesting/relevant to me.

• Gormek — his health was too high for a horrible defense score. I would suggest moving some health to defense and leaving his attack stat horrible instead of taking it to kinda average.
  • Atomos — Mine is still 1/1; this won’t change it. Try to make him interesting. Let him give the self-revive to neighbors, not just himself. (I thing giving it to all would probably be overpowered.)
  • Margaret — I’ve had her at 3/70 forever and never used her much at all, never thought about anything for her besides the waste and whether I should eat the spares. This is huge. I may give her tonics now.
  • Lance — I always thought he should hit a bit harder with only 1 target and average mana. Nice catch.
  • Gobbler — still does a ‘meh’ job of filling a niche that seems unneeded to me (special minion killer) but those stats aren’t as worthless as he used to be. Yay?

The remainder either I don’t have the hero or the change looks reasonable but not game changing or all that interesting.

4 Likes

I wish they would’ve made Gormek base stats identical to Grimm’s then I would’ve put emblems on him for challenge event teams.

I would love a Margaret with these skills.
My lineup would be: Malosi, Clarissa, Margaret, GM, Fenrir.

Th telluria wont work for me anymore, I used her as healer tank, I wish I had spent my mats on the other green ratatoskr!! :crystal_ball:

1 Like

Average Khagan with 400-420% damage to target, minor damage to surrounding enemies, and a 3 turn buff on mana and defense to nearby allies would be a great balancing.

I don’t want to bring up the other 2 heroes, but this change to commonly available Khagan puts a ready counter to GTV and maybe they could dial back the changes to Telly.

The other really fun idea for Gormek ‘The Hungry’ is to make him a minion eater. Make his damage weak, maybe 245% to target with minor to nearby, keep the pulverize, make him eat all minions on target(s) and heal generously (70HP per minion eaten). Now it doesn’t matter if Vela does extra damage or reduces attack. Gormek’s gonna eat.

Neither of these ideas are new. There’s tested concepts in place for both at average speed. You could save a large corresponding amount of anguish by leaving Telly and Vela not worse for the wear.

IMO, Vela doesn’t need to be screwed with at all. That was a ridiculous decision. She’s a good hero, but still worse than Grave, why not leave her alone and just rebalance Tell? (Note: I have both these heroes and use them regularly)

6 Likes

Where is Thoth-Amun buff???

6 Likes

there is another thread specific to Vela and Telluria discussions

3 Likes

Would like to have seen a slight buff to Thoth but am happy with Marge being playable now. #dontnerfAife

Compare Margaret to two nature S1 costumes. Keep in mind she is a HoTM! Still very poor. Needs a massive improvement to make her mat worthy

Current damage means nothing. It won’t even kill a minion. Either make it relevant by increasing it drastically or scrap the idea and give Dodge, heal and minions to all.

Kadilen

• 170% damage to all enemies.
  • allies get +45% chance to dodge Special Skills for 3 turns. Each dodge summons a Thorn minion.
  • minion has 15% HP and 15% attack inherited

Little John

• 185% damage to all enemies.
  • The caster and nearby allies have from +30% to +70% chance of dodging special attacks that do damage. The higher the damage from the special is, the higher the chance to dodge it. Each dodge gives a moderate amount of mana to the target. The effect lasts for 4 turns
6 Likes

Atomos still extremely poor for a S2 hero. Compared to Horghall without costume he still hits like a wet noodle and the resurrection means very little.

Mok - a hero that can’t hit an element isn’t worthy being in the game, it’s beyond silly. Just remove the dark immune already

6 Likes

Where is Agwe and Captain of diamonds and Valeria???
Gobbler is still useless, even more than before.
Lancelot deserves around 280-300 direckt atack, because he is average.
Hu tao still not enough.
QoH doesn’t need buff. She is a very good hero even without this buff.
Gormek
 Perfect, ok i admit.

And finally
 Again
 Where is agwe? He is useless.

4 Likes