đŸ§Ș Early Information on Costumes (Formerly Skins) [Part of The Beta Beat v23, v24 & v25]

Haven’t seen this discussed or answered: I pulled a Sonya costume and have 4 of her (2 unlevelled). The costume icon shows up on all, so I assume I can level multiple Sonya costumes and that it isn’t “used up” by the first one? Or will it disappear once I start levelling a costume on one? Actually
let me toss a feeder on one and find out.

• Costumes level much faster. 3x 1* got her to 1-4.

• It doesn’t appear to lock the costume to one copy of a hero.

Correct, one costume can be applied to (and leveled) on multiple copies of that base hero.

After having tried the summons I change my mind and agree with you. It’s cool for like the first 5 then you just go straight to mostly dupes.

All has been discussed. Also in the FAQs for costumes.

Costume FAQs:

3 Likes

Which means I can acquire 45 free 3☆ heroes each month from TC20 alone but I can only acquire 1 free 3☆ costume each month

Such a waste

The way I read it: P2W will have 5% attack, 5% defense, 10% HP, and 5% mana regen bonus over F2P

Emblem is great
Tournament is good
Hunter Lodge is okay
Alchemy Lab is meaningless
Costume is utterly disappointing

4 Likes

But 1 costume can used with multiplied heroes.
I don’t want to rush with this costume, it is just a long-term bonus, just let it run properly.

EDIT: this discussion should be end, it already released now.
Hero Costumes Discussion [First Costume Event Live Now!]
New Costumes FAQs! Read here before asking questions!

1 Like

Yes but I can have more than 30 unique 3☆ heroes in less than a year but if I can have even 10 unique 3☆ costume as an F2P, I would have been very lucky.

@zephyr1 I posted it on the wrong thread

IMO, it is still better not too rush, because we can get more 3* dups, it is slowly will be new 3* costumes to add later on.

2 Likes

Of course not, you know that I won’t rush it by spending :laughing:

1 Like

Indeed. An epic costume bonus remains until the very last level 4-69 with 3% 3% 6% 3% There is shown this for a rare costume. I checked on my Li to see what bonuses has just before the final level.

1 Like

I have this one

About this one I said is wrong. Is not 4 4 7 4 for epic at last ascension, like I see is written.

2 Likes

That’s the one I’m just wanting to fact check.

Final ascention for 4* is wrong. Everything else seems to be correct. Just haven’t found a SS of the tier 1-2 for a 5* yet. Got the rest now

1 Like

It is not correct. Bonuses seems to be (for 4* hero):
0-0-0-0 at tier 1
1-1-2-1 at tier 2
2-2-4-2 at tier 3
3-3-6-3 at tier 4 (I have now costumed Rigard at level 4-13).
I haven’t noticed the bounes change during leveling costume in a singe tier.

1 Like

Having read through oodles of replies I didn’t see much regarding the class changes. While I understand that the base hero will still dictate the hero class and I cannot apply emblems to the costume class am I missing something here?

One of the initial attractions of the costumes was being able to change the class of the hero to offset say
too many wizards in your lineup. With the costume and subsequent “class” change will the hero now adopt the class skill? i.e. does Chef Boldtusk now withstand or does the Chef still revive?

Because unless I missed something if the costume still retains all of the original talents of the standard hero
I’m not getting any value out of the class change due to costume here.

Chef Boldtusk will withstand.
The costume will change the class and talents of the hero. However, you cannot spend monk emblems to level up Chef Boldtusk. In order to advance his class, you have to revert back to Boldtusk, spend fighter emblems, and then revert back to Chef Boldtusk.

2 Likes

thank you, that’s what I was afraid of. I was hoping the costume would allow the use of different class emblems. My wizard emblems are all on Zeline currently. I was hoping I could use Sorcerer emblems for the Isarnia costume but alas
these costumes are useless in terms of the class change. Really doesn’t make any sense as what most players were hoping for was a way to reclass a hero to utilize emblems or good heroes relegated to the bench. Sad, I had high hopes for this and alas
it’s basically a money grab gimmick. Why am I not surprised?

1 Like

Yeah, it isn’t exactly what folks hoped for, but you are still able to use Chef Boldtusk on the Class Quests for Monks and regular Boldtusk for Fighter Class Quests. It may help some middle-game phase players complete those quests for more emblems.

6 Likes

Thanks @koziar993!! I’ll keep an eye on this.

What about next month? Are they going to add new costumes? Or we expect same costumes for a while?

@zephyr1 maybe you have an answer? Thanks.