šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on "Big Balance Update" [Part of The Beta Beat v58]

Furdinand was neutered big time. Why even create the hero in the first place if you do this? Ugh.

2 Likes

Sg wise balance strategy result :
Whale & p2p many their hero lost skills = huge nerf theyā€™ll lazy to spend more.
C2p & f2p new hero buff will make gap higher with old hero buff many will quit.
Well after v58 only left staff SG and zynga will play this game :poop:

1 Like

Iā€™m voting with my wallet.
No more spending until they retract the plans for this ā€œupdateā€.
I spent money to get these heroā€™s, they nerf them and sell better heroā€™s. Profiteering while pretending itā€™s balancing.
Itā€™s not right. I urge fellow players to do the same. Hit then where it hurts, the wallet.

4 Likes

Perhaps SGG should create new event called Weaklings Pets and put Furdinand there now. :roll_eyes:

originally, ā€œmax HP reduceā€ was introduced to counter ā€œnormal healā€, while ā€œHP Boostā€ was intended to counter ā€œmax HP Reduceā€. I fear that with this mechanic change, ā€œmax HP reduceā€ will become like the well in ā€œrock paper scissorsā€ :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I love that 29 people hearted this. The dev and PR team? No one wants this complete garbage. Another attempt at a consolidated money grab and a huge slap in the face for people with these characters. (Tons have at least 1) Iā€™m now on the fence about quitting and will see how this develops. I think itā€™s even better theyā€™re doing this after the last thing that made so many quit. The best part is calling it a ā€˜balanceā€™ when all theyā€™re really doing is nerfing the last few events worth of good heros to try to lead to more money making pulls. The only ā€˜positiveā€™ coming out of this is a way to reset they insane cost of double LBing the heros that everyone is going to have to after their ā€˜balanceā€™ nerfs the crap out of them. So you can spend all the mats on the new heros that are OP until they also get nerfed! Iā€™m OK with power creep, itā€™s unavoidable, but what the way theyā€™re trying to make sure spenders have to keep spending more is going to alienate more and more. Iā€™m there for sure if it goes live in anything close to what theyā€™re suggesting.

1 Like

What a great to hear, finally developers and maybe CEO has some free time to play their own game for sometime?

Put an end to era of Ludwigdiculious and friends.

#nospend :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thatā€™s part of the problem. This global imbalance was announced AFTER the release of Alphas. Really bad timing for spenders.

1 Like

That could be arguedā€¦

Rhys has boosted health and cleanse while being faster then fastā€¦ Beacuse of his speed, he can be placed on any position, which makes him very versatile hero.

Phenexa can really get crippled with buff blocker, neither she can save teammates for turning on their own buffsā€¦ She is certanly better than rhys, if things are looking good already, she can make situation even betterā€¦

both are great heroes nonetheless

Not going to lie, Iā€™ll probably retire after this crazy update. Itā€™s just going too far. There is more put in to getting and leveling of these heroes than just money and resources. There is time and care invested as well. This just isnā€™t the kind of game that needs these types of micro (and macro) adjustments. Either listen to the beta testers and release the card in a form that can exist forever, or donā€™t release them at all.

10 Likes

The timing of this is really bad. You release Alpha Aethers (which beta told you were too op), get people to buy them and use them, then ā€œbalanceā€ the very heroes that they used the AA on. This balance should have been done before AA were introduced! The timing of this shows the community that you arenā€™t in tune with us. I understand that Take Two/SG is a business, but if they cared about the longevity of the game, they would pay more attention to their community. Doing it in this order destroys any trust youā€™ve built with your players. Nerfs never go over well. Even when itā€™s just one or two heroes, there is an uproar. The sheer volume of this ā€œbalanceā€ affects every single player in this game. While I understand the point being made that this could improve gameplay, the timing is completely inappropriate. Whoever decided to do these two things, in this order, is completely out of touch with the E&P community. So again I implore you to really listen to your beta team. Slow down, adjust, be truly willing to listen.

30 Likes

Fortunately, this solidifies my resolve to spend no more. I am finished. Things change on a whim and heroes I thought I was getting when I spent money to pull are no longer what they were. I have no confidence in this company. In a way, Iā€™m glad this balance change is happening because itā€™s finally (finally!) hit home. Iā€™ve wasted too much of my money on this game. Shame on me.

8 Likes

I feel terribly sorry for this game and its players (me included), totally disrespectful to the players (customers) that literally feed the developer, the company, the staff. Yet our voices meant nothing to them. Why do we need balance updates for ? So that you can screw us over and over again? Selling us overpowered heroes and nerf the hell out of them later for ? For a job that you screwed up in the first place when u release such heroes.

3 words for the developers and teams, you ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up.

4 Likes

Iā€™m done spending any cents. We purchased something that we like and not get short-changed later by your bullshits heroes balance update, when you need to do that it means you screwed up the job you are suppose to do in the first place. But we paid for your mistakes? Seriously? You should be giving options of refunding every single items to your players when u chose to balance the heroes you sold to them.

4 Likes

Looking at the list of changes and especially how stingy SG will be with the only one thing which is slighlty beneficial to the players - the Aethers reset token - I predict further steady number of players dropping the game in the next months. SG are so far kings of the stupid decisions, with an occasional good one here and there. But one cannot make a decent cake if they use a large quantity of mud as an ingredient, mixed with a little bit of flour, and keep adding more and more mud on a daily basis.

Edit: Two very decent starting changes will be: 1) Add a FULL reset token instead of the planned Aether reset token to be able to bring a maxed hero to 1/1, including costumes, and distribute a decent quantity to be able to be received for free. 2) Do not touch how Tomes of Experience operate. That will still not solve the problem with numerous 5* which were chased by certain players, but at least the majority will be somewhat content with the changes.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why I have always said, whales helped nurtured this company to this state. Not telling them how to spend their fortune, but they do hold the biggest bargain chip in negotiate with the Dev for betterment of the game, which they obviously have no interest in doing and continue to hand feed the Dev for every bad decisions and minimal effort content/updates.

We can make 100k post, it will not have the same effect as top 100 alliance stop spend for 3-4week. If they have discipline and pull one off, you will see SG come begging when their wallet is hurt. It is ultimately us who keep their company running, yet we are like slaves serving them and take w/e BS they throw out, how sadā€¦

If I get paid regardless of how bad a job I am doing, why should I care, is really that simple lol

7 Likes

Idk what level of play you enjoy the game at, but I personally am in a top 5 alliance. I will tell you that those at the top are furious with this decision. Also, as I said up above in my pervious post. If you donā€™t have a paying customer base you donā€™t have a game. Playing the blame game towards other players is not constructive, you should place your blame squarely where it belongs, towards SG and Zenga.

13 Likes

Reading their point of view here makes digesting this change a bit easierā€¦

We had fast AOE that deal 260% 275% 280%ā€¦ we would have had 300% and 320% soon if they continued with the same pathā€¦ I like the capping idea under the condition of giving everyone enough Alpha reset tokens as the heroes negativley affected by this changeā€¦ I wouldnā€™t want an reset token for my Lewena as she will still have one of the hardest fast AOE hit since all others would ne capped at 250% as wellā€¦

Of course some nerfs are unreasonable such as Brynhildā€¦

I just donā€™t hate the idea that much if all heroes current and new follow this balanceā€¦
Increasing damage will come from family bonuses and troops.

ā€œFor a long while in designing and balancing new Heroes, weā€™ve mainly placed our attention on crafting interesting Special Skills and fine-tuning their numbers. Raw stats werenā€™t too actively utilized for balance purposesā€

This is horribly sad and pathetic explanation.YOU CALL YOURSELVES GAME DESIGNERS and then come out with this explanation!? You are essentially rebalancing 1/4 of the entire available heroes in the game. What? Your statement might as well have said ā€œWe are all awful at our jobs and didnā€™t have the hutspa to tell our bosses that the money grabbing direction that they were taking the game would completely unbalance it.ā€

First thing you should do - fire your entire QA staff, the manager and whomever that manager reports to. Then follow up with your lead designer and find out why the hell you all decided to release 400+ heroes since the taketwo fiasco and are now looking back at how horribly youā€™ve unbalanced the game. Isnā€™t the entire idea behind your business model to keep players engaged and spending on the game? Releasing broken heroes, ignoring feedback from beta testers and chasing a quick dollar ainā€™t it. THEN - cherry on top - yā€™all decide itā€™s time to completely change the game because youā€™ve released the immense error in your direction.

Second thing you should do - think before you act. Based on your history of ā€œbeta testingā€ Iā€™m willing to bet that 95% of the proposed changes go straight into the game without a second thought from your ā– ā– ā– ā–  poor managers. Your long time players are already abandoning ship left right and center. YOU JUST RELEASED ALPHA AETHERS THAT COMPLETELY BROKE THE POWER BALANCE AGAINST THE OVERWHELMING FEEDBACK FROM THE COMMUNITY AND BETA. And now, NOW, youā€™re thinking ā€œoh crap, maybe we shouldnā€™t have done thatā€¦. I knowā€¦. letā€™s throw even more chaos into the mix by rebalancing the majority of powerful heroes.ā€

All I know is that for those revenue producing players that do stick around and continue to put food on your tables, they are all going to have to essentially relearn the game. You should be embarrassed and ashamed. Doubtful that you would put this project on a future resume after this plays out. You are putting this game in its grave with every decision you make.

How bout instead of putting out 40 new heroes a month you focus on some quality of life features and lower that new hero count to 5 or fewer? The whales will still chase them and as a result you wonā€™t completely unbalance your game. More fun + a slow drip of new content = long term revenue growth.

Take a business class please. Oh and hire some new artist - these new beach party cards look like utter trash. Sorry, not sorry. You guys are ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up. No other way to say it.

15 Likes

So called ā€œwhalesā€ are not to blame for this. The blame should be squarely placed on Take Two who purchased this game from Zynga in January of 2022. That is the point that this game changed for the worse.

20 Likes