🧪 Early Information on Advanced Hero Levels (aka Limit Breakers) [Part of The Beta Beat v37 & V39]

I honestly hope that this entire system is not implemented in any form. This is just another feature that will further break the delicate balance of the game and will be detrimental for the game long term.

2 Likes

In your example laziness is a symptom of boredom, not the reason ppl are leaving the game.

I agree with you in that if the game is no longer engaging/ exciting you’re better spending your precious time elsewhere.

Perhaps SG should be using player laziness as a lead indicator (stagnation in war and raid defense, time spent levelling heroes) and making adjustments to re-engage players to extend their life in the game rather than introducing another way to pay for the same experience.

2 Likes

I think we need more players to voice their disapproval here.

Unfortunately, like costumes for non-S1 5* heroes, I think the introduction of this is inevitable.

I thought costumes for non-S1 was a joke. This seems even worse to me. :rofl:

6 Likes

Is there any reason to believe that the players who already have the best heroes… won’t use limit breakers to improve their already ‘better-than-most’ heroes? Regardless of whether you have to ‘grind’ (or pay) for the limit breakers or not.

2 Likes

Of course not. The whales will buy whatever offers are available and immediately limit break their most powerful heroes.

That’s the entire point. To get more money from people willing to spend. And they’re not going to do that if they can’t do it for their best heroes.

8 Likes

LOVE THIS! Much better idea!

2 Likes

I will place a bet that first 5 heros to break the limit will be those in defence team. Hence, the strongest a player has. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Has been suggested on many an occasion, including by yours truly. Anything outside of what is familiar, tried, tested and repetitively boring is dismissed, and often vociferously by other forum members. There have been some truly imaginative ideas for features within the game…none implemented.

Fair enough you may argue, as it’s the devs responsibility to create content. But, considering some of the ideas from players blow a lot of the current content out of the water, you’d think they’d at least engage with those players and expand on their thoughts.

I wouldn’t hold my breath though, if I were still playing. SG know what sells (match 3 repetition) and won’t deviate from that path now.

1 Like

I think this will be a cool feature that’ll level the playing field a bit. Say I only have 5 great heroes. A whale might have 40 great heroes. In the same timeframe 100% of my great heroes are limit broken making it more fun for my smaller roster… while the whale only has 5 of 40 heroes limit broken. Their other 35 heroes will be competing against everyone’s 5 limit broken heroes in wars… so it seems the whale advantage is decreased a bit. I suspect no one will have enough food to limit break much faster.

Now imagine using your 25 non-limit broken and not so great heros against everyone’s the best 5 level broken heros in war defences. Suddenly, most of your war teams seem even weaker than before. You can say it’s the same for everyone, tougher somehow. And we all know what needs to be done to get stronger again. :slight_smile:

If you p2w - you can just buy food and iron (and many other things) :slight_smile: Not a problem

3 Likes

You can store Iron in Hero Academy and Food in Training Camp.
So there will be people who can max at least their full defense team in less than a hour once this feature will be live, if there will be an offer to buy enough from these Limit breaker items.

Like there is always somebody who has max emblemed HotM 1-2 hours after it is released.
And leveling a HoTM from 1/1 and embleming it need much more resource.

2 Likes

Lets make a mathematical approach.

Suppose limit break will increase each attack, defense, and HP by 10%.

Damage formula is:

If your hero and opponen’t hero both have limit break, the new damage will be:

New Damage = 100 x ( θ x Att x 110% / Def x 110% ) ^ 1.35 = 100 x ( θ x Att / Def ) ^ 1.35 = Old Damage

Which means there is no damage increase if both side have limit break.

However, both side have 10% extra HP. This means the battle will be slower than current system. Hero won’t be easily die early. As such the game is less dependent than starting board and more toward strategy. This is a positive change.

Of course this is if SG do not give more attack increase than defense increase.

More attack stat across the board might lead this game to be more RNG dependent.

4 Likes

This is true assuming that your all heroes in your attack team broke the limit. However, at the beginning few months, it would be more likely to encounter full defence teams at 4/85 than to have in attack team more than 1-2 heroes with broken limit. This would be particular important in wars, as it would take probably 2-3 years to get 6 teams with broken limit. This means that the limit brakes gives more benefits to defence teams than for attack ones for some time at least.

I admire your optimism. Supposing though that a F2P/C2P 5 heros aren’t considered premium (S1, S2 , some early Hotm). Limit breaking them might, just might, bring them in line with a shiny new S4 card.

Then max emblem that S4 card.

Then limit break it.

The gap is as wide as ever. :frowning:

3 Likes

This is true if your attack team consist of 100% 5* hero.

My team usually consist of 17× 5* and 13× 4*, so I will only need 1-1.5 years to limit break them.

Only 1-1.5 years? :joy::joy::joy::joy:
Come on @yelnats_24 , this is Crazy!

I don’t want to wait 1-1.5 years to fight Frigg, Bera, Odin, Ninjas with my S1 5* and 4* limited broken and Lost again like now, without It.

At this time every body Will spend thousands of dollars in another Freak change

Sorry, I can’t see anything good in this changes… Bad for F2P, Bad for C2P, Bad for P2W.

At least, the design is very poorly done.

2 Likes

It might be an incorrect assumption that most people would limit break their defense teams first. I use a weaker defense team intentionally so my trophies trend down. So I’d limit break my fun raiding team first. Maybe I’m the oddball though.

Also some great heroes gain much less by limit breaking. Like Professor Lidenbrock or Sif are so defense/health focused. Gravemaker would enjoy all three stat boosts. It’d surprise me if someone limit broke some of the boring tanks before the fun attackers. Limit broken Telluria… boring!

1 Like

80% of people in the polls liked Raid Formations… so the feature is OUT! If 80% of the people hate Limit Breaking it’s definitely IN! :laughing:

6 Likes

Side note:
It was available in this Beta version (which was ended yesterday).
Maybe it will return to the normal game later, but of course this is just a guess from me.

2 Likes