šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Advanced Hero Levels (aka Limit Breakers) [Part of The Beta Beat v37 & V39]

It lead to dwindling player base.

I think what @Aboisso27 trying to say is not about the alliance but about this game. The number of players (samsung galaxy user) is constantly decreasing (as seen in game tools).

@yelnats_24 I am not sure there is any evidence support this cause and effect.

Donā€™t get me wrong I am not disputing the shrinking player base. I do, however, think it is a long bow to draw saying that player laziness is the cause of the reducing player base.

Would love to see your evidence supporting this as a cause of ppl leaving the game.

Maybe player apathy would be a better word than laziness. Having the same rehashed content thrown in as ā€œnew and excitingā€ could well be driving players out the door.

2 Likes

This type of games (GATCHA games) very popular now (especially on mobile devices) - minimum of work, maximum of profit. What we got in 2020 year? Myth titans (end of year), 3 ā€œnewā€ effect on wars, mostly useless HA (which must be released on 1 year early) and army of new heroes (for gatcha). What got Zynga? Millions of $$$ :slight_smile: Players quit this game not because laziness, players quit this game because gambling, boring and money race.

6 Likes

Game is for fun. If someone is too lazy to play, that means they no longer find it fun. Why would they continue?

I still find this game fun, if not, I would have quit.

1 Like

We can put FTP to one side for the time being, itā€™s pretty obvious that they will be disadvantaged no matter what as you say.

Itā€™s important to realise however that upping the paywall also affects players who pay because those who have already spent considerable amounts will need to spend even more to keep their existing investment at a competitive level or at the same level relative to everyone else.

If paying players are fine with that (I donā€™t think many are) everyone will just have to live with that, but there surely comes a point where even a fanatic spender will wake up and smell the roses - granted this point comes faster for some than others but the developer always has a choice as to how they want to play this.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll just say Iā€™m very excited to limit break Nordri to help with my titan hits. Until I get one of the 5* blue EDD heros heā€™s all I got.

I think people on here often look for the worst possible outcome and pass over all the great things new features can bring to YOUR game. PvP raids and war are not the whole point of the game, for many of us theyā€™re just a side thing.

1 Like

To be a cash cow or not to be a cash cow is a question :slight_smile: There are a lot of really addicted people which canā€™t answer to himself on this question.

This is interesting. I would love to make some rare heroes stronger, like Nordri, Melia or C. Brienne, which I still use in my titan team. :+1:

2 Likes

Limit breaking only 3* and 4* wonā€™t hurt that much. Getting rid of 5* limit breakers would be best idea to not make an outrageous power creep.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure, what this competive level is :thinking:
For normal raiding you donā€™t need the best of the best. Limit breaking 5 heroes for your pvp/war defense probably wonā€™t be very expensive. You can win against most defenses in the top 100 with some 4* heroes without any problem at the moment.

If we look at war it will be a little disadvantage if you arenā€™t willing to spend to much, because you need 30 heroes for attacking but only 5 for defense. So this is probably the only area in the game which is really affected. But after loosing some your war score will be adjusted and you will again start playing against similar alliances.

Everything with a percentage based loot system shouldnā€™t be any problematic (mystic Titan, tournament) you donā€™t need the latest gimmick to finish in the best loot tier. I was p2p for a little bit over a year and now f2p since last March and I havenā€™t seen any difference in my rankings since then, even without having the best of the best.

Challenge events are probably the second thing beside wars. But even p2p was never really competive there. You can finish without problem in the first 4* mats loot tier even if you are f2p/c2p. But the amount of money, time and items you need to be really competitive for the top 10 places is enormous. Iā€™m pretty sure those limit breakers will be cheaper than those troops.

So yes, there is a small area where you are probably forced to use more money than before to stay ā€œcompetitiveā€. But I still think that most players p2p, c2p, f2p arenā€™t greatly affected by this.

Or can lose with some ā€œeliteā€ 5* heroes because board :slight_smile: In case of ā€œlimit breakersā€ you will need a little more ā€œluckā€

1 Like

Iā€™d suggest that in order to move up a tier in rankings (letā€™s say upwards from the border of lower diamond / upper platinum or whatever itā€™s called - this was roughly where I was at as an FTP playing the game before I quit) itā€™s true you donā€™t necessarily need the very best of the best but you still need to be able to pull a good amount of the non classic 5* (better heroes) to have a stronger than average team.

Emblems, costumes and now the limit break on these better heroes just widen the gap further. If you canā€™t pull any of the non classic 5* or if you can only muster a handful of them, Iā€™d say your roster depth to handle the stronger teams will be slightly to moderately limited. Of course it doesnā€™t stop you from winning the odd match or two against a tougher foe but consistency is what we are talking about here and in the long term losses are likely greater than wins at the mid to upper diamond level.

At least, that was my experience.

If you didnā€™t notice any difference, at a risk of generalising and getting it very wrong, Iā€™d wager you had bad luck or did not spend that much on the game.

On the other hand, I acknowledge thereā€™s an argument that spending produces diminishing returns ā€” or perhaps that the expected upside is not so great relative to the outlay. But Iā€™d still say the above holds true no matter what your spend level is (ie. The value of your old heroes decreases as new heroes and features are released, which is to be expected in a profit seeking gacha game - itā€™s how they get people to spend - after all, why spend if new heroes arenā€™t any better than what you currently have?)

4 Likes

[/quote]

Interestingā€¦wonā€™t everyone just use the limit breakers on their best heroes rather than these older weaker heroes?[/quote]

Pretty sure this is SG confirming the rates suck and for many f2p their best heroes are S1 weaker heroes.

1 Like

Never said I donā€™t see any difference. Only that I canā€™t see a difference in my ranking in percentage based events.
I finish most of the time top 1% with mystic Titan, and more than half my heroes in this teams are 4* heroes, my yellow Titan team is 4 x4* heroes and thatā€™s still enough to score top 1% single loot.
I finished for example most times in top 1% or 5% in the tournaments when I was paying and its the same now. I donā€™t have many 3* heroes with emblems maybe 5 total 4 in blue, and only a handful 4* heroes with emblems, because there arenā€™t just enough for every hero. Somebody who buys every emblem offer can use them more freely even on his 3* and 4* heroes. And yes Iā€™m encountering now much more +20 3* defenses, but I still can finish the tournament most of the time the same loot tier than before. Itā€™s harder now, but still possible.
I think it will be the same with limit breaker, it will be harder, and c2p, f2p will have to choose which heroes for which area they need, but it should still be possible.

So yes I have seen a difference with emblems, and there will be a difference for most of the players with limit breaker, but I still donā€™t think that it will change that much for the masses. The top players, maybe top 100 alliances are forced to pay if they want to stay top 100 because of wars, and individual players will need to pay if they want to finish absolutely best in all events.

But for the rest itā€™s not really important. You will still be able to open your raid chest in diamond if you are able now. For sure you will loose more raids in the 2700+ cups area when all the crazy teams up there are limit broken, but thatā€™s just for the ego, and you will still be able to win against those if you really want.
You will still win wars, maybe you will get matched against easier opponents, but whatā€™s the problem? You wonā€™t get matched against Alliances with 30 limit broken heroes each player, when your Alliance doesnā€™t have them. Everyone looses some wars and win some.

I mean yeah I can see why so many hate this feature, Iā€™m myself not really a fan of this, itā€™s just unnecessary at the moment. Emblems changed the gameplay at least a little. This it seems, is just some stats correction with extra steps, so everybody has to grind or pay and in the end everything is the same just with x% more attack, defense and health.

So yes, I think itā€™s unnecessary, I think itā€™s boring and it seems like a money grab. But I still donā€™t think, that it will make playing for most people that much different.

1 Like

The gap is not affecting only raid, it is affecting all pvp areas, raid, raid tournament, monthly events, ninja tower, mythic titan. All events where you have to classify against whales are affected. In raid tournament for instance, one year ago there was few team with all heroes at +20. Now in 3*/4* events, I start on Monday morning against such teams. As I donā€™t have such ascended 3*, challenge starts on first day, not on Wednesday or Thursday, I can be out (and form time to time it happens) on Tuesday. Now I have completed my 3* +20 blue team. Situation is better when I can use it but before I repeat with other colors I still have a lot of opportunity to be out on Tuesday.
Same with events, in the past I was able to reach top 10k/50k in events without efforts / no items. Now I can repeat stages as many time as i want, I canā€™t reach these ranges.
That means less loot for me.

2 Likes

Nobody wants that **** but we will get it. SG loves their player base truly.

3 Likes

Disgustingā€¦ I have no other word for itā€¦ I am sorry.

1 Like

SGG loves p2w only :slight_smile: All others just for crowd scene

3 Likes

Laziness is a problem because itā€™s boring. It makes the experience monotonous. All we ever see are +20 green tanks. Iā€™ve seen enough +20 green tanks to last me years. Please, someone do something, anything besides green tanks. Itā€™s so lazy and boring. Develop a team instead of dumping everything into your +20 green tanks. Snooze.