Disillusioned

Thank you.

I think part of the success of E&P is because spending a little bit (say, to pull a few 5* heroes) generates an incentive to spend more (say, to buy the ascension materials they need, when those materials are for sale). As a humble grinder who enjoys daily gameplay and is happy not to spend, I have found that the flow of ascension materials is pretty adequate for my flow of 5* heroes. If materials were more abundant then I’d ascend more heroes, but they’re comfortably plentiful enough to ascend the good ones (and some of the less good).

9 Likes

@Brobb did you play in 2017 ? because things have changed there is no way you got that in 2018 and now in 2019. Specially if your not purchasing

@MaralynManson this game is may of been bought out by Zynga, but Small Games still runs the show with Empires & Puzzles. They are now working under Zynga. So I doubt they are dying off but hopefully Zynga pushes them forward because I feel the game is starting to stall out.

@Brobb, I had missed this…welcome back

@MaralynManson, anyone using that name should not be so easily offended…she didn’t question your hygiene as she has others.

As far as has the game and AM drops changed, I don’t think it has in the way some might think. The cup-dropping nerf is at least six months old as are the anti-mercenary measures, and those did change the game. My resources grew at far less a pace than prior to the anti-cup dropping, and many players saw their AM drops cut drastically when titan loot and then titan chests were denied to mercs.

My one-year anniversary is only minutes away, and in that year I have read the OP’s complaint in various forms too many times. Nothing has changed, and little if anything will.

2 Likes

I have to disagree with you regarding the “stalling out” statement. I agree that there currently is a reasonably reachable cap to the game and more people are approaching that cap, but the game remains dynamic. Review all of the additions and changes made in 2018. I think you’ll be surprised once you are reminded of how much has happened within the game in the last year.

Notice I stated “reasonably reachable” cap. That’s considering that this game is an incredible grind. That cap will be raised yet further in 2019 with the proposed changes. The cap will remain reachable but not necessarily reasonably so. This bodes well for the longevity of the game. There is a Lot of play area between beginning and end of the game now and that area will only increase with the coming changes.

Be happy where your account currently resides in the scope of things and always reach for more. I believe the staff of E&P will continue making this game a challenge and more enjoyable as time goes on.

3 Likes

Hi @Bud
Just some banter. No offense is taken. But that is why I reigned it in when I realised that others may be offended.

Frankly, I think the last war chest was just the cherry after too many uninspiring chests. As mentioned by others who have similar frustrations.

This too shall pass.

Good news is, other members of my alliance who scored a lot less and didn’t use alll their flags during the wars got pretty cool gear in their chests!

I’m obviously out of favour with the E and P gods right now.

1 Like

I’m a male so you should all applaud me for reading through the whole thread. Usually I would not do this because of my, you know… short attention span, but now just could not resist the challenge because of the high level of testosterone in my metabolism, which make me react aggressively to almost any stimuli.

4 Likes

RNGeezus said, “This too shall pass.”.

1 Like

I got Alby, Hel, Mariana and Joon, and I think I fully ascended them, in 2017. (I’m relying only on memory here, which isn’t always reliable. I might not have fully ascended them in 2017.) The rest have come since. I have noticed no change in the rate at which I collect heroes or ascension materials - both come streakily, as I’d expect from random low probability events. I have never found it necessary to spend, although there was one famous deal which guilted me into shelling out £2.99.

Edit: To be clear, I was never a cup dropper or a merc, so those game changes did not affect me.

1 Like

These are dark times indeed :frowning:

I think we have all been there. I feel for you, friend.

I find it’s best at times like this to go kick a puppy, or maybe drown a few Aife’s in the waterfall. There are options, just none of them great.

Yeah I mean. I hear ya. I do. And I hear a lot of people say the same thing lol.

I think for SG they gotta draw the line somewhere. Like, whether it’s 5%, 15%, or 50% there’s gonna be some people sometimes saying “wait what the heck…”

The difference is that they want to pace the game for a certain duration right… so if these mats drop at 50%, you’ve still got people peeved sometimes, AND maybe it throws off the pace they desire for the game.

I think it’s natural for we gamers to want to accelerate that pace as much as possible… but it doesn’t mean we are right :slight_smile:

There’s a lot of things enjoyable about the pace as is, if you can Brobb it and enjoy the ride. (Easier said that done when a shiny Evelyn comes walking along)

Anywho. I really liked getting to refer to Brobb as a manly man. I will miss that :crying_cat_face:

I’ve heard so much about this 2.99 to this point in my life, I feel I’m owed knowing what this deal was!! Like did they drive out to your house and personally trim your moustache while showering you with Gems and EHTs?

4 Likes

Back in the early months of this game before massive success kicked in, there was an occasional $3 deal to entice “less active” players to return to the game. The offer was similar to what costs you $100 today. I seem to recall something like 6,000 gems and other assorted goodies (don’t quote my memory).

2 Likes

@MaralynManson

Some are lucky most are not , as in life - see below

Show me your rewards - #646 by _John_Doe

3 Likes

@Brobb in 2017 the drop rates for ascension materials was different. I can honestly say that I have no recieved (1) and I mean 1 ascension 4**** item from Empires and Puzzles without a purchase. And even with purchases I have 2. But get this… I have 4 - 5* heroes and only 2 Damascus blades?

I am very glad your having better luck than me but there are posts all the way back to early 2018 Feb to be exact. This has been problematic for a while now. I am glad to see that im also not the only person to see that i’m having issues.

Oh yeah biggest thing my teammate has been keeping track he has leveled 1 -5* hero in 8 months and that is without a purchase. This is a viable complaint in my eyes.

I find the drop rates better now. So many more ways to get ascension materials.

Being a man though, I’m going to stop now. I don’t like long posts and won’t give you one. Reading is hard.

5 Likes

I’m pretty confident something was tweaked downward about a year ago with elemental chest loot, but all the other loot drops look the same as always.

And as noted, we have new ways to gain loot.

We have no evidence for this. The only proven negative change to ascension items in the game was a very (and I mean very) early change, (something like May 17) where ascension item requirements for heroes of different colours were equalised. At that point, some heroes required more ascension items to ascend (though some required fewer). SG explained what they were doing and why at the time.

Of course, we have collected many additional ways to earn ascension items during the game’s lifetime. Rare quests, elemental chests, tiered raid chests, alliance war rewards and alliance war chests were all unavailable at the game’s inception. So it seems likely that the availablility of ascension items has not decreased, but in fact dramatically increased over the two years or so E&P has been around.

(And for what little it is worth, this has been consistent with my own experience - unfarmable ascension items seemed to pile up in my storehouses at an alarming rate in 2018. There’s hardly any room left for my supply of common herbs.)

None of this has ever stopped players coming to the forum to announce that ascension item drop rates have been nerfed, based on the fact that they went through a three month dry patch. Three month dry patches happen regularly with low probability events (I’ve gone through several.) A substantial data set over time would be needed to provide any evidence of a change in drop rates, way more than just one player’s data log and a bit of confirmation bias. No one has really attempted to create this, sadly.

Moreover, you can tell that these claims are slightly dodgy by checking their timing. They tend to go something like this:

October 2017: Were drop rates just nerfed? I think they just got nerfed. Ant.

January 2018: Ant’s right, drop rates just got nerfed! Bree

March 2018: I was a sceptic, but now I see that Ant and Bree are right - drop rates just got nerfed! Chud

June 2018: I demand that SG come here to explain why they just nerfed drop rates! I can’t believe they haven’t responded to Ant and Bree and Chud’s investigation. Dee

September 2018: I didn’t believe it at first, but my whole alliance has been going crazy over the last week. Drop rates have definitely been nerfed. Ant and Bree and Chad and Dee were right! Elmo

January 2019: I’ve only been playing this game for a couple of months, but even I can tell that drop rates have been nerfed. Ant was brilliant to notice this first! Fran

I don’t know how long you’ve been playing. If it’s just three months, then perhaps you’re doing everything right but you’ve been unlucky. Don’t worry - your luck will (probably) regress to the mean, and you’ll do better. Plus, of course, you’ll get stronger, so you’ll finish rare quests, kill stronger Titans and improve your raid tier. That will all help.

If you’ve been playing for a year and have only received one 4* ascension item (a Damascus Blade, I assume, which means you have pulled no rings, no scopes, no tonics, no darts and no tabards???!!!), then you are doing something badly wrong. By completing rare quests alone you should have collected (insert number here, except I can’t be bothered calculating it) guaranteed 4* ascension items, not to mention your bounty from the multitude of other random sources.

Are you not beating the rare quests, or not bothering to complete them? What level Titan are you killing, and what loot tier do you typically fall into? What raid chest tier are you opening?

Maybe I’m freaking out too much on your behalf. If you’re still new, don’t sweat any of this. But also, don’t believe stories about how ascension items fell like rain back in the days before the internal combustion engine. They were no easier to get than they are now - I suspect they might actually have been harder to come by.

4 Likes

Sorry Brobb, but I think @ABCTeapot is right here… of course no evidence, as it would be impossible to get any with the game being random and luck considered the main factor for the ascension items drop rate, but I’ve been playing since spring 2018, grinded that map to the bone every day since, spent even less than you did (I believe you only spent as much as you stated, otherwise my answer would be meaningless), but our rosters are nothing alike, and I don’t think mine will, a year from now, get even close to what you got now… for the record I still have no 5* hero, after about 80 attempts, I think… As for A.M’s, well… this is all what about 8 month of grinding brought (remember I have no 5*, maxed or otherwise)

So, if I’m not the most unlucky guy in existence, I would say the drop rates changed a lot since 2017…

1 Like

That’s about where I was, too after 8 months. (I was luckier than you pulling heroes - I think by that stage I had two five stars.) Your accumulation of 4* ascension materials looks about right, certainly compared to @ABCTeapot. You’ve been far slower than my rate over the past 8 months, but I’m much stronger than you, so I’d expect to collect them faster. I’d expect you to collect materials faster in future, too, because you will get stronger.

You’re on track both for today and for 2017. All you need is a little bit of pulling luck (or, more likely TC20 luck) and you’ll be off to the races.

2 Likes

Well, I sure wish you were right, but a simple count shows you got at least 28 tomes of tactics during your E&P experience… In my 8 month I got two of them… Even if I’m not nearly as strong as you, I do all daily chests, all rare quests, all events, always get A or A+ on titans, and if TC20 (which I will soon get online) will have the same drop rate TC13 had the last two month, It will be a long time before I will get a 5*… Of course, you seem to be luckier than the average f2p player (which you may consider yourself to be at 2.99 $ spent), as you did get 4 HOTM (as I said I pulled no 5* in all my draws, tokens, gems or atlantis coins, and I have no reason that is about to change)… Anyway, seeing your roster gives me hope! Keep it up!

1 Like

I wish you the best of luck. I think I read someone smarter than me suggest that a reasonable rule of thumb is that you should be able to collect AM to ascend a rainbow team of 5* heroes in 12 months. This seems about right to me, maybe even a little on the low side, based on 2018. But of course your first 6-12 months will be much slower than this because you’ll be too weak to take advantage of many opportunities.

Persist, if you enjoy the game.

9 Likes

@Brobb I have diamond tier chest for raiding. I am doing 9-10* titans (10’s do drop time to time)
I am beginning to think i’m just really unlucky. At least that is what I want to believe.