Disillusioned

War chests
Titan chests
Monster chests
Raid chests

These are one of the few ways to gain ascension mats.

You can’t buy them.

My last war chest was rather sad. No non farmanble ascension items.

I can accept the lack of these in monster and gold raid chests but was expecting some cream in the war chest. At least a compass or gloves!

I understand that it’s about making money. But if I can’t even get the items to ascend heroes why would I spend money to attain them in the first place?

My suggestion to SG is to look at the randomness a little closer or you will end up slitting your own throat.

Yeah, because E&P obviously have no idea how to make a popular and hugely profitable game.

6 Likes

Really? You took the time to write that.

Thanks

I just copy pasted it: it’s the same thing I post whenever anyone presumes to give SG, who were just bought out for half a billion dollars, business advice. You’re welcome.

8 Likes

Omg. At least it shows one thing, you’re male.

1 Like

Would you like to wager on that?

12 Likes

LOL, that was funny.

4 Likes

I agree that it would be really great to see more limited ascend stuff (the one not available any other way) in war, titan, monster and raid chests. Just to change the share between easily accessible and limited ones would be much appreciated and not mean major issue for SG imho. On the contrary as a high paying player I am now effectively dicouraged from paying for pulls as I know that I can´t ascend even existing heroes in reasonable time. So limiting ascend items this way is good for certain level of fairness comparing P2P and F2P players, but is not beneficial for SG revenues that should be main driver anyway…

1 Like

@Brobb

I will keep this brief. Being a man, you will have limited attention.

Zynga purchased SG empire and Puzzles.

Zynga own FarmVille - one of the biggest games. Until they became too eager to make cash from they’re millions of users.

FarmVille has made them cash. They can move on.

That’s what will happen with empire and Puzzles. It will bleed it’s players dry. Then, zynga will find a new game to buy.

That is my point.

Why kill the golden goose?
Why not keep feeding it and collect the eggs? It seems like business’s suicide. It makes zynga a lot of money.

1 Like

The gift that keeps giving.

11 Likes

Well, you are wrong about that. Brobb is a Woman. I think things are getting a bit off topic here though. You can argue gender all day and it will not change the fact that you are disillusioned.

There are times in this game where you will run short of items for ascension. We all do. There are times where you will have tons of ascension items and not really have anyone on which to use them. Things do balance out. This game is a grind. It’s not fast and easy. Be patient and tend to the things that you CAN work on and try not to worry too much about the things you currently cannot improve on your account.

Things have a way of coming around. I recently went through an incredible dry spell on Scopes. I now have 15. I went through a time with no tomes of tactics. I ended up getting 10 over a 6 week period. Things change. Again, work on the things you can improve. Eventually you’ll get the items you need to make those jumps in account power.

6 Likes

The goose is doing perfectly well the way it is currently being fed. Its diet has been managed to ensure a consistent stream of those delicious golden eggs, and it keeps delivering.

You are proposing a radical change in diet, force-feeding that poor old goose. And in the interests of what? Foie gras? Seems like that might be a very good way to end the flow of gilded omelettes.

All opinions are welcome here, but to attempt to disguise your personal preferences about ascension item drop rates as a critique of the game’s financial viability is laughable. Two years of stunning success stand against you, and I can think of at least 560 million reasons to believe SG might be better at making these judgments than you.

5 Likes

Wow - Brobb. Since you’re a man you seem to have a really keen understanding of how business works.

Dear Maralyn. I see that you are a female. As such it is important for me, as a man, to point out that a woman can’t possibly understand business things.

Brobb here has done an exemplary job of explaining to you - in a very manly way might I add - that what you’re saying just doesn’t add up.

There’s like a 200+ post thread with this as the topic of discussion.

I’m not sure if the OP was a male or female, unfortunately. But they were a touch more opaque in their original post and subject line. Something like “SG purchased by Zynga.”

If THAT was your point… well. It’s an interesting way to make your point. Because the drop rates and AM availability haven’t changed since the game’s inception.

So your point is that, now that Zynga has purchased the game they need to change AM drop rates because otherwise they’ll bleed their players dry just like FarmVille did.

So am I to infer that if Zynga hadn’t purchased SG it would be okay for the drop rates to stay the same, then?

Or does Zynga really have nothing to do with it and you just want more stuff handed out for free now / not have to wait?

(As an aside. I do hear people say this a lot. And all I have to say to that is please play this out in your head a bit.

IF you had all the AM you needed, THEN what? You would just log in daily and collect your food and ascend your heroes until… what? You had all the heroes all leveled up and that’s the end…? What would you look forward to? And would you be at all excited or happy when you actually did get the AM you needed? Would a Fire Chest be at all exciting if not for the prospect of getting a rare AM? We aren’t just talking the game here. This is life. You’re ignoring the joy of the journey [the climb as GoT puts it] because you just want the ending. Take a moment to consider this is a game and entertainment. And opening those pixelated boxes is a source of entertainment that works best when it’s charged with ‘what if I get my AM this time?’)

8 Likes

Moderator’s note

Let’s keep this polite and civil. It’s skating awfully close to the edge.

10 Likes

First, I’d like to say, I find this highly offensive.

To your other points, I don’t know, I stopped reading when I saw there were, like, 6 other paragraphs.

11 Likes

I do so enjoy the passion in this forum. Thank you for your input.

Of course @Brobb is a lady.

I was being fascetious due to the initial reply assuming no one is allowed an opinion. Sorry if I offended other players by using an old stereotype.

I still believe the point is valid regarding a lack of non farmable items in chests.

As far as repeating the thread, surely there’s a reason for that? Players, including myself, are not after ascension mats at every turn. As I mentioned in my original post, just a little bit of sugar now and then.

I’m not suggesting major changes.

I’m not trying to rewrite a company manifesto.

All I’m asking is that the game be playable without using all my cash to level my heroes. I’m happy to pay a bit, I enjoy the game. But, like others, if it becomes only possible with large amounts of cash can I afford it?

Oh, and I’m a chap.

Cheers

1 Like

My experience on my C2P (about $5-$10/month) account, mats and heroes pretty much keep up with each other. The ascension mat crisis seems mostly to occur when people spend a lot on summonses, which leaves them with more heroes than mats.

Buying lots of heroes doesn’t give you the ability to have a lot more ascended heroes than C2P accounts—it gives you the ability to use those rare mats on better heroes. It’s a way of keeping the P2W/C2P balance.

9 Likes

I’m not finding heroes or ascension materials especially scarce.

Total spend, for the record, £2.99. So it’s certainly not necessary to use all your cash to level your heroes, unless you’re failing to exploit the many opportunities the game offers to collect unfarmable materials.

Shocker.

3 Likes

Thanks @Kerridoc

Appreciate your comments

1 Like

Nice line up @Brobb

That’s pretty amazing for only spending 2.99

I do the vip and the odd special on gems.

1 Like