December 2022 Balance Update - Discussion

Two months after event. I’m not even done yet. Nerf nerf nerf after making million

1 Like

The buffs are irrelevant. Will not encourage anyone to ascend these heroes unless they have no other options, and even then, these are infintesimal improvements.

M&M isn’t nerfed at all, pointless changes.

Matilda is however neutered. Her one useful skill is now almost non existent.

Panther is barely changed, will still be everywhere at the top.

I appreciate they are trying to balance their game, but these changes are frankly ludicrous, and antagonising. Read what people who actually play your game have to say!

13 Likes

i am surprised the M&M nerf is announced before the blue omega quest is up — did not expect that.

anyhow, next milestone is to sell hit all charge heroes (oh new ninjas may perfectly fit) against waterpipe tanks in the foreseeable future…

1 Like

SG, you are really making it difficult to make positive posts on this forum today… :melting_face:

You have thirty people working on Empires & Puzzles, you have told us. One whale and their spendings per portal alone is enough to cover an entire months pay for one employee of yours. From just the summoning done in one portal from one whale.

You clearly have the finances to make good things happen in this game.

Heck - in the world, now we are at it. :earth_americas:

:candle:

:electric_plug:

I wanted to spend time commenting on how I think, that all kinds of nerfs will be better received, if they are at least followed by a round of well-taken-care-of buffs to a large bunch of older heroes at the same time.

Buffs makes everyone happy when done right. Imagine - Player happiness - what a goal to aim for! :checkered_flag:

But frankly, between the Brave Musketeer event and this today;

The way you act and the tone you use is so very demeaning and plain simply rude towards your players by now, that this gif will just have to do.

Why bother anymore.

:gem: :hook: :heart: :coin: :money_with_wings: :broken_heart:

19 Likes

Matilda nerfed??? This was the end for this game for me, so we have heros like Jove, Anne … where can take out all team with just one special but you have decided to nerf one of the balanced feros 2her you have released from a lot of time, good luck to all on this f… game

20 Likes

bait and switch
par for the course-
but don’t worry it’s all covered in the Terms and Conditions
How is the CEO enjoying his fourth Lamborghini

9 Likes

I don’t see any balance adjustments. M&M is still OP and Matilda needed a buff not a nerf. Not a good job…

8 Likes

Why the hell was Mathilda nerfed? Was about to level a second one, but not so sure now.

5 Likes

And calling Reuben a fan favorite hero shows how disconnected the developers are from their player base. Pff…

16 Likes

Where
Is
Telluria’s
Buff?

9 Likes

I’m still waiting for buff to Dawa - a hero that is loved by all.

9 Likes

If this is the standard for old heroes’ buff, they’ll probably deal with Telluria giving her 30% more damage or 3-5% more minion’s health

2 Likes

Just deleted my Credit Card from Google Play.

This is once again, unfair and completly idiotic.

Jove and Anne can kill or shut down an entire Team with only one Special but Matilda needs a fu**ing nerf?

The only Thing that was usefull here, was that her Low poison dmg was reset. Everything else is completly useless. The fiends do No dmg and the higher dot dmg is only usefull when there is a dot.

“We don’t want to destroy the hero blablabla…” But you entirely did. This was a fun to play hero and in comparisson to the OP bullcrap you come Up every week this hero was No way OP.

You really know how to Pi** of every Last customer

edit:

And for the buffs, yea, there are loads of old heroes that are completly useless and you only manage to pick two and give them an irrelevant buff… Thats Just pathetic

16 Likes

Nothing to see here.

M&M still OP, cG.Panther still OP, Reuben still crap, Lady Locke…seriously? Why even bother to touch the code.

7 Likes

Matilda did Not need a Double -Nerf and should have buffed older Morlovia Heroes, as well.

I am amazed how you Manager to buff only 2 old heroes, in 2 months. Dissapointing.

6 Likes

Pointless to write feedback as always but oh well.

Morlovia Family Bonus & Steal Buff (Passive):

Let me start with this - it should be OBVIOUS for the players that these heroes will get nerfed post release if they are too strong. SG does exactly that when heroes that are easier to get than others start to dominate the game. Happened to Telluria, happened to C Krampus, the moment I saw Miriam everywhere I told everyone in my alliance not to invest in this family heroes before they get nerfed. This will happen to every new hero that is easy to get, and heroes pullable with epic heroes tokens, available in portal that’s open for couple weeks are obvious red flag. Remember SG wants you to be miserable, not to be able to compete on high level with little cost involved (“little” in their twisted interpretation of what mobile game budget should be). Part of that is also caring that there won’t be a single hero that dominates top quarter defenses (like infamous GTV).

Now, specifics. I don’t like nerfing entire family instead of specific heroes. This happened to Christmas heroes last year as well. Francine, Vanda, Victor DIDN’T need a nerf, yet got one as well. Collective responsibility at its finest. But that said, beside the broken composition in defenses I hardly see that family bonus used anywhere anyway.

Miriam & Midnight

Most annoying part which was the minions is still inact. It’s just cutting her buffs to have no effect on 4th turn. Means if you were obliterated within 3 turns since she fires, you will not feel any difference. I never had too many problems with Miriam though, it’s all the other heroes that take advantage of the sick attack buff that are the problem. In my opinion, if you wanted a nerf, you nerfed the wrong thing. But we’ll see.

Matilda

Was that hero even strong??? To me she was the weakest of the new ones, only useful for stacking for family bonus. Her special was very niche, missed synergy with anyone but maybe C Victor. Most peculiar nerf of all. Poor girl.

Guardian Panther

That’s for costume, I assume? Well, ever since she was in beta I was telling that 280% to all is broken but that feedback was completely ignored. The duo Panthers in defense was very broken, especially when there was strong attack buff in place. But with what you nerfed here, that duo will still kill everyone due to high % hit at fast. MEANWHILE the edge that costume for Panther was giving in titan attacks over the regular version is taken away. New elemental down heroes are -64% and I don’t understand why C Panther would still be giving old value. In general, poorly addressed nerf, won’t change anything about the popularity of hero in defense but immediately ruined the reason to have this costume everywhere else.

Reuben: Direct damage: 215% → 260%

This is lazy buff, just a bit of damage increase won’t fix a hero. Reuben has unique effect, not found anywhere else - it’s very niche and every logic in the world calls for such hero to be strong in such niche. Just reducing DoT by half is not enough impact. He could reflect the other half back to enemies (similar to Elradir), he could turn part of DoT to healing or incrase the DoT done by all allies like Matilda… He’s still sad hero I wouldn’t max even if I had huge surplus of rings and nobody else to work on. With worst passives, class and elemental link.

Lady Locke: Damage 867→ 932

Well, see above… Something pretending to be a buff but not a buff. It’s ~60 more damage over 6 turns. 10 damage more per turn (though yes, her DoT works a bit different than others). Impactless.

If this is the magnitude of buffs that we’ll be getting for old heroes then you better save that time and spend it on something else that’s more useful. These are not changing anything for the players, game balance, anything really. Won’t have impact for match outcome 98% of cases, won’t impact anyones ascension decisions, won’t move these heroes out of bench if they were replaced by someone else. Just another disappointment.

35 Likes

Well can´t say I am a fan, but I had expected worse. Everybody who cares to think about this game knew a Halloween nerf was coming. The question was only how bad it would be.
I generally hate nerfs (the only one I liked was Xnolphod), but as far as nerfs go M&M is acceptable, they did make her weaker, but not completely destroy her. Nerfing a family because 1 hero is too strong? Where´s the sense in that?
Matilda? I have no clue what that´s about.
CPanther? Can´t be called a nerf or a balance adjustment. Sure one of the absolute OP heroes in this game right now. 10% less EDD? Sorry, not going to change a thing. Why bother? It annoys everybody who has him, but doesn´t help anyone who doesn´t have him.

The buffs? Obviously every buff to a junk hero is positive, but every month there are fewer and fewer buffs, are they afraid they´d run out of junk heroes??? Most of them could go through the buffing process 3 times and still not be a strong hero… So seriously do a few more of those! This months buffs are also not really interesting, meaning creating an actually interesting hero. You´ve done good buffs before, like JF and Neith. Please more of those!

11 Likes

So you’re just confirming to any longtime players (2018 here) : that its not worth pulling heroes anymore.

Its not worth pulling because a hero will be nerfed.
Your beta tester tol hou each time what heroes were problematic, you ignore them.
By the time you level a hero, a new super op hero (or 10) will be out and able to kill your team in 2 turns.
There is no coherence in the decisions making except for $$$$$.

So as i said elsewhere in this forum. It’s not about playing the puzzle or “talent” anymore. Its about how deep your pockets are.

So now im entering the no spend, in preparation of good bye you lazy uncreative miser.
As soon as I’m out. Ill boycott any future game from sg and the new boss that destroyed the game…

16 Likes

LOL that was too funny for me not to reply lol. But you are exactly right. The “buffs” are so bad I dont think they should even count as buffs.

1 Like

another lesson to:

because this won’t stop.

the cycle is: 1. strong heroes released > 2. prepare stronger heroes > 3. release heroes from step 2, nerf heroes from step 1 and other miscelanous stuff/dust in your eyes > 4. repeat entire cycle in an infinite loop

conclusion: game willl rollout only new “caught” players for their money + some whales + some addicted to their already spent money. for how long?.. not that long,… zzzz

19 Likes