🏅 [Dec 22, 2019] 36th Raid Tournament! — 3* Rush Attack, No Dark/Purple

You owe me at least a bottle of the finest champagne because you copied my defense :joy:

1 Like

You’re right, my friend! :wink::champagne::champagne::champagne:…you’re just the Tournament’ Bible! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

And I’m so astonished :open_mouth:…'cause no emblems for me! :wink:

Doesn’t matter. Your defense is attacked accordingly to your team power. The maximum available team power. As it’s mine. This is why I just said the other day to other thread, how wrong is to emblem the rare heroes unbalanced. Because the system will automatically choose the highest power, no matter if you use those very emblemed heroes in attack/defense.

Now, embleming rare heroes is not mandatory for a nice accomplishment in tournaments. I don’t know if anyone saw yesterday, a player just below me on leaderboard, with no emblems and upgraded troops at all. Obviously, it is much harder to keep up with a talented team, because the points from the victories are less…

That’s why I made this choice, for the most efficient roster. The rare ones should go all balanced (as I explained above). And the best node to stop is 9th, because the 10th is not an ability node for any class. The emblems spent for this are insignificant. Doesn’t affect one’s performance and heroes in the higher ranks, epic and legendary. Besides, as I said many times before, you all see comes a day in tournaments, when you face teams 2800-2900. Would you prefer facing with 2400 or with 2600+ like me? Besides, the event challenges are easier too…

P.S. @Yayo, only the first part is for you, the rest is for all readers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So let it be written, so let it be done! :sunglasses: I’m going to spread my emblems through all my Army in order to make it more and more efficient, and to level my 2*/3* Troops also…AMEN. Thanx for your kindness and competence @Scarecrow :wink:

1 Like

Day 4 went straight forward :sunglasses:

5:0 on att and def A 8:2

Had to work the boards on some fights and changed my team once.

3 Likes

That blows man. I once spent 75 gems to go from top 5% to top 1%. While I made it, it was close and I made it on the last battle. I remember feeling very despaired when I thought I wouldn’t make it.

As an FYI, you can beat the emblemed heroes without emblems. I have no emblems. They are tougher though and get tougher as the tournament goes.

But regardless, it’s not a good feeling to be where you are. Sorry about that.

2 Likes

Things are going my way
Further
5:0
1:0
Rank 28xx, Top 1%

Attack teams 3/2 Blue/Green, Blue/Red, Red/Blue, Red/Green

Keep 'em coming. :grimacing: :sunglasses:

For all who believe they need fully emblemed heroes to reach top 1%…I only emblem my 3* to +1. It’s sufficient. May be not for leaderbord top 100 but reaching top 1% (which is around rank 12.000 ~ 13.000)

4 Likes

My defense rocks!! My offense sucks!! :man_facepalming:

First time ever my defense has remained undefeated on day 4. Unfortunately I played like :poop: and am only top 5%. Not sure whether I can sneak into the top 1% with wins tomorrow or not. Either way the defensive player in me is mad at the offensive player in me

4 Likes

Day 4: some very frustrating losses. Had a board die on me once (1 legal move obviously not in my colors and charging up enemy special). Went 2-3 on attack, overall 14-6. Luckily defense picked up another win, solid A keeps me in 1%.

DAY 4- I SHOULD SHUT THE FRONT DOOR

OFFENSE
3W 2L
OVERALL
14W 6L

DEFENSE
2W 4L
33.3% D GRADE

OVERALL STANDINGS RN

With 8.5 hours left in day 4 this is where I stand…
∅ expectations now of a 1% finish with a D grade on defense and looking at my score compared to the top 100

EDIT- time to pull those Emblems off my 3s I think

1 Like

My alt account has been getting much tougher opponents as a vc2p account with too much food, I used emblems :woman_facepalming::rofl:.

Out on day three though with 14 wins and defense, E first couple of days and now B? :woman_shrugging:

My main account -

Defense A - with first loss yesterday.
line_1577406978088

2 Likes

16-4 and 3-1 B A A A. Unclear situation. Might involve a continue. Good luck, everyone.

1 Like

Day 4

Offense: I’m out. 4-1 “happily” losing the last flag when I ran into a tile drought and died as a result. I did have one match where Gunnar kept the team afloat which was nice. I’m debating whether to sink the 75 gems to continue or just ride out the last day and hope I stay at top 1% even though that’s unlikely.

Defense: attacked once and lost, but I’m still at 60% winrate which means I’m still technically an A ranking, so I’ll take it.

1 Like

Day 4

Talk About a Bad Day

I think my 3* Wilbur was sick on day 1. He won again today bringing my defense to an A. But that’s where the good news stops.

Lesson learned (again and won’t be the last time) - don’t let yourself get too comfortable. First battle - win. Second battle - loss but killed two. Third battle - big fat :zero: and a loss. I was close to top 1% and had an A defense so I continued. Fourth battle - win. Fifth battle - another big fat :o2: and a loss.

Ouch. I killed 12/25 possible enemies. Plus I used 6 raid flags before to fill a chest. Combined, I got 39/40. You don’t get much worse than that.

I’d say one of my raid tournament losses was a bad board. The other two, sloppy play. And what got me was the spirit link. Below are my losses.

All in all, I’m just outside the top 1%. Will this be the first time I spent to continue and not improve a tier? Let’s hope not. It’s all on the line tomorrow.

Day Win Loss Def Points
1 5 0 0-3 E 2,412*
2 9 1 4-3 B 5,916*
3 13 2 4-3 B 8,896*
4 15 5 5-3 A 10,103
-* Adjusted for defense score (even if that’s :zero: :man_shrugging:).
3 Likes

@Scarecrow…and my new year purpose will be to reach 4k cups to join your one-man-alliance, my friend! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Day 4

Offense

I won 2, and then lost my next, knocking me out.

That was against this team:

Actually the third time I’ve lost to a Bane tank — though as with the last two times, it was less about him, and more just a rough process overall.

After that, I decided to continue, because I really like 3* Tournaments and having a chance to play with heroes I don’t normally.

I extremely narrowly lost against this team:

Then I won my next match, bringing me to 15-5 overall.

Defense

I was only attacked once today, and won, bringing me to a 64% win rate, and an A Defense Grade for all 4 days so far.

Ranking

I’m currently in the Top 1%.

3 Likes

DAY 5 - HOPE REMSINS ALIVE!
ATTAX Today
4W 1L
Overall ATTAX
18W 7L

DEFENSE @ start of 5th day-
2W 4L
33.3% D GRADE

Current standingS

Screenshot_20191227-032500

Did best today after removing Emblems :rofl:
BEST OF LUCK WITH THE REST OF YOUR TOURNEY MY FRIENDS!!!

5 Likes

19-6 Off
A def the first 4 days and now at 64% win rate

Empires_Screenshot_2019.12.27_09.50.14 (2)

Best of luck!

1 Like

Day 5 - another 2 losses.
Nevertheless back on the leaderboard for 5 minutes.
Ended up 19:6 on att.
Rank 44 likely to stay top 1%.
Def A all the way.

Watch a mega Muggy revive glitch on the 1st fight.

4 Likes