Danzaburo - is he worth it?

So i wanted to give Danza a shot, i have him since Ursena came out, dont remember exactly what Atlantis was, but i believe May. Just lately i decided to start lvl him. So i took him to 3/60 and tried him in the last war Sunday in my last and weakest team. So if i had to judge a book by its cover i would have already got rid of him. I did won my last flag but not because of him, he manage to freeze two consecutive times, i was mad. As a first impression u can understand that it wasnt a good one tho. So im still debating if i should give him the orbs… Fact is i need a 5th yellow and right now i dont have other options other than max a duplicate like Chao or Li which i wont do since i hate having dupes. Or take Joon to 3/70 and wait for darts…

2 Likes

I just gave my Danza the orbs. I also have Li, Chao and Hu, all waiting in 1/1. I don’t plan to work with them anytime soon. Danza on the other hand is one of the best 4* yellows. I think he/she/is is as good as Wu Kong and Gretel. Must love that little ugly nipple monkey. Even if it freezes to time to time, those two other skills more than make it worth.

2 Likes

I have him maxed, but he is my 15th yellow or so. He has good base values and his offensive special is very good for a 4*, but as you already mentioned you don’t know what you get. If you are short on ascension mats better go for another more reliable/predictable yellow first. Among the yellow 4* I like LiXiu and depending on your preferences WuKong of course.
Bottom line: wait a bit longer and save Danza for later.

Aight made the mistake already and gave him/her the last ascension, but only because i had AMs in ‘‘abundance’’ and Joon is 2 darts away (basically one because next up its Siloh. Ill give Danza a second and third chance lol because i do recon the other two specials are really powerful.

IMG_20190723_203248

2 Likes

Recently, I just started to level up 1 out of the two Danzaburos I kept after feeding off about 3; before now I had mixed feelings about his specials, as usual when I am leveling, I move the character into my farming team, to have progressive feel of it ; I found surprisingly as others have said already, the little monkey has tremendous skills set, amazingly balanced and sturdy too.

The freeze for 2 turns is simply nothing as he has compensating stamina to last that inactive turns; but the cross swords, oh boy! very devastating, even at low level, although the bottle is yet to be significant as his special skills are yet to be maxed.

Frankly, I will max him all the way and take up the second Danza before 3/60 Hu.

2 Likes

You need to think of the Little Badger as a defensive/support hero. If you plan on him being an offensive hero then you WILL be disappointed. The swords do fantastic damage but its the -54% accuracy that make that skill so elite. The plus mana regen and +63% defense are awesome for a support hero. He will freeze on you in an important situation, but that is just part of the give and take. If he was a different color he might not get so much love but for a yellow hero he holds his own.

4 Likes

Well in my opinion he can equally do that defensive support role in an offensive team, especially in synergy with the team: 1/3 of the time to boost mana and buff defense for 4 turns, 1/3 of the time do AOE and blinds for 3 turns …

2 Likes

Now that my Danza is fully ascended/leveled and has talents that give him increased attack and defense PLUS an 8% chance to dodge specials, I hoping he’s gonna be a pretty frustrating guy to go up against…:facepunch::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Unless he freeze himself and thus, allow the opponent to charge their mana…lol.
I just pulled him and even though I am lacking a holy heroes, I’d rather let him go to vacation along with Sumitomo.

2 Likes

If you’re lacking holy heroes why on earth would you not level him? He’s pretty dece. Certainly far better than Sumitomo imo

1 Like

@DaveSonnenberg If I personally had to choose between Sumitomo and Danzaburo, it would be Sumitomo everytime. He has the highest counter attack percentage even though it is for himself, he is the Dynamo of Deceit for a reason. And if Sumi is emblemed, he gets a chance for a revive.

1 Like

I am pretty content with 2x Li Xiu, Chao , Hu Tao and Wu.
He is quite sturdy with strong specials but just like Ameonna, freezing / ghost mode was a big turn off.
As for Sumitomo, I’ve got him late. While Anzogh, BT, Scarlett, Wilbur, Lancelot, Falcon and Gormek all getting their respective emblems, Sumitomo is enjoying his vacation away from Japan…lol.

I think Sumitomo is pretty bad unless you’re a new player in need of a 4* tank.

Don’t think I’ll ever level mine.

Danzaburo I got fairly early on and I use him in wars all the time. He fits in my yellow 5 stack for now as well. Swords and bottles are very powerful specials

1 Like

I can tell you Sumo is absolutely useless. Even in the family I just found he was horrible. Danzaburo is awesome though.

2 Likes

I checked this thread when I started playing 7 months ago, asDanzaburo was my first yellow 4*. I thought I’d chime back in now that I have him leveled and with 13 talents.

Danzaburo is a solid tank. His ‘freeze’ ability is to balance out his high defense, hit points, decent tile damage, and match-winning specials (besides freeze). He works in raids, world battles, events, and on titans.

If adding another random element to a game of random elements bothers you, you may get frustrated by him. If you’re here for fun, he’s worth leveling all the way.

Side note: I leveled a 2nd one to 3^60. Having both go off in a turn is just FUN.

6 Likes

I’ve only got two yellows to work on right now - Justice and Danz. We use yellow tanks for war but it will take me forever to level up Justice (I currently use Leo).

I’m torn between leveling Danz or Justice right now.

PRO TIP: if you are yellow stacking, Poseidon makes Danza immune to his own freeze effect:)

13 Likes

Well color me amateur. I have (and use) both Poseidon and Danza, and this never occurred to me. D’oh!

4 Likes

@Noble_Weasel The more you know right? :wink:

1 Like

Brilliant! I did not think of this either.

Rogue is such a great talent, shame there are so many good rogues begging for emblems.

1 Like