Danzaburo - is he worth it?

I use Danza in AW, together with the orher in the ”flower” family. This way he adds to the mana regen, even when he freezes. Gives you a powerfull warteam fairly cheep. I would say he is worth ascending just for that!

1 Like

Pulled my second Danza from the Atlantis portal this month, very happy. Still need 3 more for my 5x Danza Super Team but they’re elusive in the wild. I was expecting this thread to reignite with an overflow of emotion from all the people that pulled him, either for the first time or the sixth time. Don’t bottle it up…let it out!

8 Likes

I have three. Don’t think I haven’t thought about it!

4 Likes

Danzaburo certainly has his uses. I would say at least bring him up to 3/60.

2 Likes

Leveled he is almost as good as Wilbur I put him into the sniper spot he is hard to fight the only issue is when he gets mana freeze his other specials are good just team him with supporting heroes you should get an idea if you like him by second ascension so you won’t waste emblems if he’s not your playstyle.

1 Like

Having unique defense formation is fun :grin:
I already have 5x Danza now. Currently my 1st Danza at 2.46 though… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Faced a team (I’m at gold now) on a raid with 100 less total power than mine.
Danza was the tank.
He fired 3x… 2x knife / sword thing and 1x bottle. Never froze.
My team got defeated easily.
I stacked Proteus who’s at 3.30 and maxed Tyrum already. But I had a bad board anyhow.
After 2x retries finally defeated that team.

A pain in the ■■■■ when he (it) fires properly, Danza.

I have one from Atlantis summon but not leveled yet. Working on Li Xiu and then currently Ranvir aftet Justice.
Hence I got Justice, Ranvir, Li Xiu, Danza, and a maxed Bane + another unmaxed …

6 Likes

I had 4 of this Danza dude, fed two to Joon or so, the remaining two are still at 1/1. Not really a fan of the randomness in his special, so I didn’t bother. But for variety, I might just max one.

Met him in a war sometimes placed in the corner, he was surprisingly hard to kill,…pulled his tricks a couple, eventually all his allies died, then he pulled the frozen trick… I Just pumped some waiting tiles at him and he xploded.

I thought I would dislike the randomness of Danza’s special, since I’ve grown to dislike Wu Kong (for anything but Titans). When I raid, I like to know what will happen when I hit a special. But I didn’t have much else to work on for Yellow, so when I got Danzaburo, I leveled him up (after G.Jackal), and I just recently maxed him. Jackal gets all the Rogue emblems still, but I’ve found Danza to be useful, and I don’t get annoyed by the Freeze portion of his special.

When he hits Swords, he hits like a truck - about the same as Horghall, but with a HUGE miss chance applied to the enemy, it’s ridiculous! And when he hits the Bottle (heh heh), the buff is substantial.

I know some complain that the Freeze seems to happen more often than it should, but I suspect that is just the human mind tracking negativity better than positivity. :wink:

If I need to stack up against a Purple opponent like Kunchen, Hel, etc… a stack of G.Jackal, Li Xiu, Danzaburo does a pretty good job.

Good gaming!

11 Likes

Fire him first and then decide how to do next. Dump bad tiles into the charged if they are blinded or dump good tiles into the charged to gain mana while being protected or play like if he wasn’t there at all, if he freezed.

I’m going to start a second one, when Joon will be maxed.

Screenshot_20190706_220640

7 Likes

Welcome to the club! Light refreshments are on the table in the hall.

I’m really glad you’re enjoying him. 2/3 of the time he’s 5* good.

6 Likes

Having only recently maxed him, I’m taking him out for a spin in the upcoming 4* tournament, as a flanker on my defense team.

1/3 of the time… nothing. :expressionless: Oh well.

1/3 of the time… TWO 5-star quality buffs to all allies! :slight_smile: And hey, everyone, it’s Buff Booster, so why don’t you take a +40% damage bonus on top of it?

1/3 of the time… KABOOM! 5-star quality damage to all enemies! :smiley: And a really high miss chance, too!

I think he’ll perform well in this tourney. I didn’t give him any emblems (yet) because those all went to G.Jackal, but I’m thinking he’ll have his day soon, when Jackal gets all the emblems I want him to have.

3 Likes

Maybe his freezes count as a buff, too. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nope tested it 20 chars

3 Likes

An active Aeron will prevent Danza’s freeze from activating, at least allowing mana to be rebuilt right away.

2 Likes

Neither that works. 20 chars

1 Like

Aeron and Gato work for the bunnies self debuff.

2 Likes

In back to working him in between Wu levels. Just got Wu to 4th tier, so in between…I just faced him in war, slightly weaker team… just got a special ready, and tiles lined up, then he went off, swords. I fired special, miss. I fired diamond, and nearly the entire board melted. Just about every tile whiffed, like nothing landed…wtf… and the next couple turns as well. I didn’t take out a single hero. They were about 1 to 200 weaker. I think that was one of the most frustrating war battles I’ve ever had… lol… little Danza, when he hits, it’s like a train.

3 Likes

The little monkey has two of the most powerful specials in the game. His swords does damage to five and gives a 54% miss chance for four turns on enemies special. Bottle gives a 64% defence too whole team and a massive mana gen of 24%. Now, compare that too Joon or Magni special. Magni does defence buff for three and Joon blinds a single target. So, he freezes 33% of the time…66% of the time you have the best “team” special working for you. I think most people play him and give up on him way to early. I found he did more “freezes” when he was battling unleveled way out of his league. But since maxing him I have noticed he has really leveled out on that. I always play him in wars and with Cage Inari ghost girl and that useless red guy ( believing me SG knows I want Mitzuko) I never lose with that team. I like Danzubro so much I bumped him up 7 tiers of emblems. Lately I use him against Purple titans (11 and 12*) and he rocks… I’m telling you being Rogue class it’s not that hard to keep the little f-er alive and he will shoot off his special quite a bit on a decent board… the “best specials” in the game in my opinion. Say what you want, listen to the negative Nellies if you want but that little guy is one of the most underrated heroes in the game. P.S. the family bonus with five family members is 15%… I use crit troops on him for d and health.

8 Likes

To all damage, actually. It’s massive.

3 Likes